Denis Zakaria / signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

OoopsMisclick

I'm desperate for a new midfielder.
Sign him up, looks better then what we have.

However, i'm sure we'll come with the usual PR that there is no value in the market in january :)

arthurka

3.5 tackles and interceptions per game is not good enough for a DM role. He would be basically our Herrera replacement (and even then his defensive output would need to increase). He would be the balanced one of three midfielders (attacking-minded, balanced and defensive-minded) we need to sign.
Under Rose he is playing in a 4-4-2 system where his role is different as he is more of a deep lying midfielder/playmaker. He is a very very good midfielder with great attributes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Found this really good video analysing his style/performance.

He looks exactly the type of player we need in our midfield. In a 4-3-3 with pogba and mctominay ahead of him he'd offer us excellent balance.

He plays similarly to Carrick.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Found this really good video analysing his style/performance.

He looks exactly the type of player we need in our midfield. In a 4-3-3 with pogba and mctominay ahead of him he'd offer us excellent balance.

He plays similarly to Carrick.
Very irritating all the stop/start. Just the captions or a voiceover would make it clear.

Adam-Utd

Very irritating all the stop/start. Just the captions or a voiceover would make it clear.
I didn't make it :D Yeah I get what you're saying, just click forward every couple of seconds.

It's a bit more descriptive though than the average "skills and goals 2019" youtube videos. They're hard to judge positioning and reading of the game.

Inigo Montoya

I didn't make it :D Yeah I get what you're saying, just click forward every couple of seconds.

It's a bit more descriptive though than the average "skills and goals 2019" youtube videos. They're hard to judge positioning and reading of the game.
On the plus side, he looks impressive. Much more mobile than Matic and better value than a Doucoure

Adam-Utd

On the plus side, he looks impressive. Much more mobile than Matic and better value than a Doucoure
Yep, just shows there is plenty of good "value" players out there. I've personally not heard of him or watched much of BMG but he looks like the right type of player we need to aim it.

We've desperately been after this type of conductor in midfield, having good physique is also a bonus. Hopefully it's true!

Swiss_Red89

Don’t understand why people talk as he’s a typical deep lying midfielder.
Of course he can play that position, but he can also play in an advanced position.

It would make so much sense to add someone like him because it would make us a lot more flexible in midfield.

This would be an option:

----------Zakaria----------

--Mctominay---Pogba----

But also this: (with both Zakaria and McTominay able to push the ball forward).

--Zakaria---McTominay---

-----------Pogba--------------

We could even play a to man midfield with Zakaria and McTominay if Pogba is out and play with two strikers for example.

Adam-Utd

Of course he can play that position, but he can also play in an advanced position.
Mainly just because we have 2/3 attack orientated midfielders already, but hardly any defensive. We need a more defensive type.

ash_86

Anyone happy that as of late we've been linked with new names instead of stapled ones like kroos or Thiago which used to grind my gears everytime I see them linked to us. This looks like a clear shift in statergy since Ole joined. There has been one or two old ones we've been linked to but majority has been unknowns like these.

Inigo Montoya

It would make so much sense to add someone like him because it would make us a lot more flexible in midfield.

This would be an option:

----------Zakaria----------

--Mctominay---Pogba----

But also this: (with both Zakaria and McTominay able to push the ball forward).

--Zakaria---McTominay---

-----------Pogba--------------

We could even play a to man midfield with Zakaria and McTominay if Pogba is out and play with two strikers for example.
Modern football requires flexibility and pragmatism in positions. Gone are the days of broadly defined positions. Defenders need attacking capabilities and forwards need to defend. CMs need to track back and the DM type has to be able to support when required

Inigo Montoya

Anyone happy that as of late we've been linked with new names instead of stapled ones like kroos or Thiago which used to grind my gears everytime I see them linked to us. This looks like a clear shift in statergy since Ole joined. There has been one or two old ones we've been linked to but majority has been unknowns like these.
I am but it’s dictated by our position of late.

However even those players mentioned had development in their formative years. All star players start out as “potentially “ good. Spotting them is the secret

ash_86

I am but it’s dictated by our position of late.

However even those players mentioned had development in their formative years. All star players start out as “potentially “ good. Spotting them is the secret
Agree with the fact it might be down to our position but it is a little refreshing TBH.

Our scouting and player analysis department has been revamped I think. There were reports of us looking at data of hundreds of FB before deciding on one last summer. Atleast we're starting to look at doing things differently for a change.

Alabaster Codify7

Seems a quality option, in an area we MUST strengthen in January to have any remote hope of climbing the table. Affordable too.

Mike lowe

The guy seems good. Let's just hope united finds him interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

BlahRules

Common sense approach does not exist with Manchester United. We would not sign him but be interested when he becomes £100m player.

Swiss_Red89

Modern football requires flexibility and pragmatism in positions. Gone are the days of broadly defined positions. Defenders need attacking capabilities and forwards need to defend. CMs need to track back and the DM type has to be able to support when required
So you agree with me that he would be the right player because he is useful for the defensive and also for de offensive part of the game of his team?;)

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Zakaria looks very agile and quick. I wanted Ndombele over here but this guy looks just as good.

Mainoldo

spend that 50mil on Marco Rose and Rene Maric
Plus the player and we would still have change to alternatively paying for Rice.

Rose was an interesting name when we should have done a managerial hunt. How’s he getting on?

Mcking

Plus the player and we would still have change to alternatively paying for Rice.

Rose was an interesting name when we should have done a managerial hunt. How’s he getting on?
Top of the Bundesliga with Moenchengladbach, second most goals scored, second least goals conceded.

In Rainbows

Top of the Bundesliga with Moenchengladbach, second most goals scored, second least goals conceded.

He's someone to keep track of. Likely doesn't get 1st, but he's one of the upcoming managers like Nagelsman is. If he finishes strongly, United should go after him.

Adam-Utd

He's playing tonight away to Borussia Dortmund at 5.30pm, should be a good game to watch + see how he fares against an attacking team.

eire-red

Always wary to judge players off of YT vids but he does look like a good player and young as well. I do think if we bought him for the deeper role we would need another midfielder in the right of the 3 position who can get on the ball and dictate the game.

A midfield 3 of Pogba - Zakaria - ?

Pogba as the main creator and forward link man, but I still feel like we'd be missing someone of a similar skill set of a Modric/Kroos who can come deep to collect the ball in Midfield and spray passes between the lines into Pogba and our attackers.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's playing tonight away to Borussia Dortmund at 5.30pm, should be a good game to watch + see how he fares against an attacking team.
See how Rose fares too,considering he's also getting a fair amount of coverage lately.

Bestietom

Always wary to judge players off of YT vids but he does look like a good player and young as well. I do think if we bought him for the deeper role we would need another midfielder in the right of the 3 position who can get on the ball and dictate the game.

A midfield 3 of Pogba - Zakaria - ?

Pogba as the main creator and forward link man, but I still feel like we'd be missing someone of a similar skill set of a Modric/Kroos who can come deep to collect the ball in Midfield and spray passes between the lines into Pogba and our attackers.
Hi @eire- red. I think we have a young man here that could go on to fill that role when he finally gets his chance. GARNER with Zakaria and Pogba pushing forward. I have watched Garner since he was an academy player, and I think he will make it. What do you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.