Denis Zakaria / signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City are playing more cautious football now so can see both Rodri-Zakaria in XI with KDB in front of them.
He looks a much better player to me than Rodri as well. Both could be overkill given the system city play.

Pep's Suit

He looks a much better player to me than Rodri as well. Both could be overkill given the system city play.
Hard to say but Pep seems blind to certain players he signed even when you can argue they make the team weaker (Rodri, Gundogan, Mahrez).

AgentSmith

How has this guy been doing this season?

Feel we're in desperate need of a proper CDM and a few brief YouTube compilations have convinced me he's our savour. Would like some validation on this opinion from someone with actual knowledge.

I know he had a bad knee injury last year and was wondering how he'd recovered after I saw Mönchengladbach had a great win over Bayern last night.

red thru&thru

How has this guy been doing this season?

Feel we're in desperate need of a proper CDM and a few brief YouTube compilations have convinced me he's our savour. Would like some validation on this opinion from someone with actual knowledge.

I know he had a bad knee injury last year and was wondering how he'd recovered after I saw Mönchengladbach had a great win over Bayern last night.
He was part of a team that beat Bayern, 3-2 yesterday, after being 2-0 down. I didn't watch the whole game but the parts that I did, he did well.

He and Rose would be 2 good additions to Manchester United.

sp_107

Zakaria-Pogba-Bruno midfield might bring the best out of Pogba/Bruno?

Zakaria/Carmavinga/Ndidi/Rice in that order for me.

beingshe7don

Zakaria-Pogba-Bruno midfield might bring the best out of Pogba/Bruno?

Zakaria/Carmavinga/Ndidi/Rice in that order for me.
I agree.... Camavinga is more box to box in my opinion. We need a dynamic DM and I think Zakaria is the most dynamic whose got a CB mindset as well.

SinNombre

Rice has potential to grow more. Cama is more of a Pogb replacement if we wanted one (we don't).

AgentSmith

Interested to see how he does tonight against top opposition.

Playing as a CB in a back 3 rather than CDM but should still give us some insight into his suitability to a higher level.

A potential CDM that wouldn’t cost an arm and leg like Rice would.

croadyman

Interested to see how he does tonight against top opposition.

Playing as a CB in a back 3 rather than CDM but should still give us some insight into his suitability to a higher level.

A potential CDM that wouldn’t cost an arm and leg like Rice would.
We should be looking at him but looking very much like this position is low down the priorities

AgentSmith

Looks like he’s actually playing CDM.

We should be looking at him but looking very much like this position is low down the priorities
Seems to be a price of ~£45 million mooted in the press. We could easily raise that by getting rid of our own fringe players leaving the normal budget for a CB and a RW.

But you’re right, the general journalistic consensus seems to be central midfield isn’t a priority for us.

Last edited:

croadyman

Looks like he’s actually playing CDM.

Seems to be a price of ~£45 million mooted in the press. We could easily raise that by getting rid of our own fringe players leaving the normal budget for a CB and a RW.

But you’re right, it’s the general journalistic consensus seems to be central midfield isn’t a priority for us.
Yeah that is exactly how we should be looking to raise money for a DM and he would certainly be cheaper than the likes of Ndidi/Rice, however Utd don't operate like a football club but a bank instead so wouldn't expect that level of forward thinking

Drz

Watching his game tonight, is he really playing CDM today? Feel like Neuhaus drops to get the ball off the CBs to orchestrate from the back so far with Zakaria the right midfielder...

AgentSmith

Watching his game tonight, is he really playing CDM today? Feel like Neuhaus drops to get the ball off the CBs to orchestrate from the back so far with Zakaria the right midfielder...
Definitely not the main CDM, you’re right. More a supporting CM on the right-hand side of central midfield.

Do any Bundesliga aficionados know if this has been a regular occurrence this season? I was under the uninformed impression he was a destructive CDM who sometimes played CB.

croadyman

Hmmm maybe that suggests he plays further forward and would be more of a Pogba replacement, truth be told if he left we would need a DM and someone else that is capable of providing some creativity through the middle

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Pogba is to leave then Zakaria isn't the right profile of player bring in due to what we already have at the club. It would be better if we targeted Neuhaus for the role but I think better players could be bought or developed in-house potentially.

croadyman

If Pogba is to leave then Zakaria isn't the right profile of player bring in due to what we already have at the club. It would be better if we targeted Neuhaus for the role but I think better players could be bought or developed in-house potentially.
Who do you think could be bought or lets say more realistically developed in-house then

AgentSmith

Do you think he would be a good compliment to Pogba in a midfield two though?

If Pogba goes we need a more creatively minded replacement I agree.

But if Pogba stays (and signs a new contract) it would be good to finally pair him with a midfielder that suits him. Ndidi or Rice would be ideal but would cost twice what Zakaria would.

RUCK4444

But if Pogba stays (and signs a new contract) it would be good to finally pair him with a midfielder that suits him. Ndidi or Rice would be ideal but would cost twice what Zakaria would.
On the bolded... Frenkie De Jong would be perfect. Cheeky bid to help their money troubles? :drool:

AgentSmith

On the bolded... Frenkie De Jong would be perfect. Cheeky bid to help their money troubles? :drool:
Ah man, he’d be beyond ideal. Might bring Donny out of his shell as well having an Ajax friend to hold his hand.

Get it done Ed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who do you think could be bought or lets say more realistically developed in-house then
I quite like Bennacer for the role and he plays a key role in how AC Milan build up in the first phase. He's also fantastic at evading the press due to his superb close control and dribbling. He's also a absolute warrior off the ball hence being strong defensively and has a release clause in his contract of around €50m if reports are to be believed. I feel our team is missing a player who can be the conduit in midfield and Bennacer for me is a player who can link both defense and attack really well.

The in-house option is Hannibal Mejbri who is a special talent IMO.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

If Pogba stays then a double pivot of Pogba and Zakaria would be good potentially but it seems Solskjaer doesn't favour Pogba in a two anymore.

Drz

Hmmm maybe that suggests he plays further forward and would be more of a Pogba replacement, truth be told if he left we would need a DM and someone else that is capable of providing some creativity through the middle
Personally feel that we need a DM regardless of wether Pogba leaves. But totally agree that we need more than one source of creativity through the middle, before Bruno that responsibility was solely on Pogba's shoulders, and since then we have not seen Pogba and Bruno on the pitch together that much, and when we have we have been able to carve-out more chances notably against lower-block teams but our team seems a bit unbalanced defensively because the rest of the candidates for the third midfield spot would have to play DM, but neither are the complete package for the position.
A modern-day Hargreaves would do wonders for our team...

Back to the game and young Zakaria, well quite a one sided affair that first half, looks like a friendly. Can't say anything bad or good about the kid given he's barely been able to get on the ball.

kode

i havent seen him before but in this one for sure he isnt showing any great attribute. is this guy any good? well not based on this game , just asking what are his strenght for those watching him often

RUCK4444

Ah man, he’d be beyond ideal. Might bring Donny out of his shell as well having an Ajax friend to hold his hand.

Get it done Ed.
Yeah was gutted when he went there. Would be perfect for us.

No harm testing the water. Just to wind them up worst case :D

Cast5

Definitely not the main CDM, you’re right. More a supporting CM on the right-hand side of central midfield.

Do any Bundesliga aficionados know if this has been a regular occurrence this season? I was under the uninformed impression he was a destructive CDM who sometimes played CB.
it’s just called playing in centre midfield :lol:

BlahRules

If Pogba stays then a double pivot of Pogba and Zakaria would be good potentially but it seems Solskjaer doesn't favour Pogba in a two anymore.
Don't think that's true. He was just getting some consistency and playing in the pivot then injury strikes and he sidelined for over a month.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
it’s just called playing in centre midfield :lol:
This is actually spot on. It's two midfielders playing the LCM and RCM roles in their respective zones. We've never played with a pure defensive midfielder and both midfielders would be expected to contribute both defensively and offensively.

It's like what Sven Goran Erikssen said to Gerrard and Lampard. "You go he stay, he go you stay"

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don't think that's true. He was just getting some consistency and playing in the pivot then injury strikes and he sidelined for over a month.
I'll be happy if Pogba stays because we need a player of his profile in the first team. But if he does leave then it's important we replace him with a player who can progress the ball to a high level and Declan Rice isn't that player IMO. We need a midfield conduit in the double pivot IMO who will link both defense and attack.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Was it that he was crap or was he not rated enough for the price that was linked to him?

Why do the big clubs want him now?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Was it that he was crap or was he not rated enough for the price that was linked to him?

He had some sort of serious injury over a year ago IIRC.

He's not highly rated by people that've actually watched him and not just the highlights. Bit like Koopmeiners.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

He was very highly rated, then he had a nasty injury and it took him basically an entire season to get back into (good) form after he returned. He looked very good at the start of the season, but has since been sucked into the vortex of misery that is the current Gladbach side.

Status
Not open for further replies.