Denzel Dumfries

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It's enough for me to have seen the way he's contributed to Hollands two wins so far. He's been a key player for them. Call it stupidity if you like but facts are AWB is no attacking RB. He just holds up play going forward. Dumfries is a natural attacking wing back who would work well and improve our attacking options on the right flank.
If I could choose I'd have Kimmich but that's not the way it works!
Works for me.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He only had 2 more assists and the same amount of goals as Wan Bissaka last season, whilst playing in a much weaker league for a team far better than anyone bar Ajax.

Here's a mix of attack and defence stats per 90 from 20/21.

Dumfries creates 0.5 more chances per 90. But their actual output is near identical, AWB keeps the ball better, is a more accurate passer and crosser, and is night and day the better defender. Could be a decent signing since we seem to be in the market for depth at RB, but he doesn't appear to be AWB's replacement by any stretch.

The PSV player clubs should be looking at it Donyell Malen who assisted Dumfries' goal. 27 goals last season, only 22. His pace is just stupid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Literally all he does well is run

You can coach Wan Bissaka to do that too i guess

Hackman2210

Dont know who he plays for or what position - but his name has all the hallmarks of an Old trafford legend. Get the fecking statue ready.

jem

What we spent is irrelevant. If we're looking at what we've spent we're going to be stuck with Fred cos we spent 50m on him. :lol:
Any defensive midfielders you've seen play once or twice that we MUST sign as a replacement for Fred?

redrobed

Plays for PSV. If he was any good he’d be at a big club by now. Would just be another Dan James move all over again - trying to raid the bargain basement. Should be all over that Inter full back that Chelsea are going for IMO. Moroccan lad (IIRC) - would still only be 50ish million so not exactly bank balance breaking.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Because buying players solely based on their form at an international tournament always ends well. Just ask Liverpool legend Milan Baros.
They bought Baros before the Euros. He was shit for two years in the Prem then had a fluke tournament.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm getting to really like Dumfries. He gets criticized left, right and centre in the Dutch press because he is not really a good footballer, just a very active and engaged one. It's really tiring. They're not actually completely wrong, and I don't think he's a player for a top club; but I really dislike the tone of the reporting, so I hope he'll continue to have this influence on match outcomes all through the tournament. (Which would have the added benefit of a good tournament for the team. :cool: )

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Dumfries, best player on the pitch today, when others like De Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay couldn’t step up. As a dutchie, I’d like to think Dumfries is able to compete at a higher level.

he has the stamina, physical attributes and attacking intentions to play in every league, would you guys (an if situation) take a gamble with him at United?

Womp

idiot
Dumfries, best player on the pitch today, when others like De Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay couldn’t step up. As a dutchie, I’d like to think Dumfries is able to compete at a higher level.

he has the stamina, physical attributes and attacking intentions to play in every league, would you guys (an if situation) take a gamble with him at United?
I would, but I don't think the club will. It seems we are looking for a backup RB, who can operate in a more attacking sense, but I wouldn't be surprised to see AWB continue being our RB moving forward.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Dumfries is good, I like him. Doesn't seem fazed by any occasion. Not quite as talented as other RB's in terms of technique or crossing but I think he has a stronger mentality.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Moves really really well off the ball too, and seems to be a solid defender as well. Good decision making also, just a smart player

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon if we had a manager we would have this signing 90% wrapped up.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I reckon if we had a manager we would have this signing 90% wrapped up.
You guys are considering him then? Brands's PSV connection might help I guess. If Dumfries could get regular playing time for you guys (i.e., not be bought as back-up). I think that could be a good move for him. Although: if you'd pair him with a defensive coach, it might be a poor combination.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Digne back post crosses to Dumfries would be interesting.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You guys are considering him then? Brands's PSV connection might help I guess. If Dumfries could get regular playing time for you guys (i.e., not be bought as back-up). I think that could be a good move for him. Although: if you'd pair him with a defensive coach, it might be a poor combination.
Yeah, Brands rates him highly from what I have read and has been trying to push for it but obviously the Euros and no manager has been an issue. He’d slot straight into the side and would make the 3-5-2 a tasty prospect if we had him and Digne as wing-backs.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, Brands rates him highly from what I have read and has been trying to push for it but obviously the Euros and no manager has been an issue. He’d slot straight into the side and would make the 3-5-2 a tasty prospect if we had him and Digne as wing-backs.
Who are you considering for the new coach? My comment on came from seeing Benitez mentioned in the thread title. I don't know if that's serious, but I don't suppose he'd like to play 3-5-2 with marauding wingbacks.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Who are you considering for the new coach? My comment on came from seeing Benitez mentioned in the thread title. I don't know if that's serious, but I don't suppose he'd like to play 3-5-2 with marauding wingbacks.
I’m thinking of myself on FM or FIFA here. Don’t want to be reminded of the real life Benitez equation. :nervous: But aye, it will depend. Though we did sign Godfrey last year without Ancelotti knowing who he was so it seems like Brands does have some control over signing players he wants too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I’m thinking of myself on FM or FIFA here. Don’t want to be reminded of the real life Benitez equation. :nervous: But aye, it will depend. Though we did sign Godfrey last year without Ancelotti knowing who he was so it seems like Brands does have some control over signing players he wants too.
I'd also hope he considers your squad and transfer targets when considering a coach, and vice versa. Pretty obvious I guess, but all the same!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
why? I expect quite a few clubs are seriously looking at him. That’s not deriding Everton at all. But with a rumoured £15m release clause he will be on a lot of radars.
We were pretty strongly linked with him pre-Euros and Brands is a big fan and has the PSV link with him.

We were pretty strongly linked with him pre-Euros and Brands is a big fan and has the PSV link with him.
roger that. Unfortunately he’s had a really good tournament. Would not be surprised to see someone like Barca or Juventus buy him because he’s cheap (if the release clause is to be believed).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Linked with us today, how's he done at Inter?