Denzel Dumfries

Nick7

This lads last year or so has been very odd. Was heavily linked to Everton before the Euros, then moved to Inter on the back of that tournament. Being shopped around this summer it seems and now off to Chelsea? I didn't even think Chelsea were looking for a right back.

Blood Mage

Uh why are Chelsea signing a RB when they already have one of the best in the league?

NoPace

Uh why are Chelsea signing a RB when they already have one of the best in the league?
They're short at CB. My guess is James will be the RCB a lot, with Dumfries at wing back, then Chilwell backed up by Emerson on the left, Thiago in the middle, James backed up by Chalobah and Koulibaly on the left of the 3. They'll probably sign another CB to back up Koulibaly and Silva and take Silva's place when he finally looks his age, which you'd figure might happen suddenly as he turns 38 early in the season.

croadyman

They're short at CB. My guess is James will be the RCB a lot, with Dumfries at wing back, then Chilwell backed up by Emerson on the left, Thiago in the middle, James backed up by Chalobah and Koulibaly on the left of the 3. They'll probably sign another CB to back up Koulibaly and Silva and take Silva's place when he finally looks his age, which you'd figure might happen suddenly as he turns 38 early in the season.
Helps they can actually find takers for their full backs whereas we are seemingly lumbered

mu4c_20le

Chelsea doing the Woody tour of 2014 and getting knocked back all around europe

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I really like him, I think he can take the next step. I'd prefer him over AWB.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I really like him, I think he can take the next step. I'd prefer him over AWB.
I think Dumfries would add a really exciting dynamic to us down that right flank.
Wouldn't Wan-Bissaka fancy being part of a swap deal to Inter? Or even Bailly?

Last edited:

croadyman

I think Dumfries would add a really exciting dynamic to us down that right flank.
Yeah I would like him but not for silly money

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Basically what others have said above — Chelsea need the depth, and James is very injury prone. I've seen some Chelsea fans suggest that the wing back role actually exacerbates James’ injury woes — getting up and down the pitch twice a week might be a bit too much for him and he seems decent enough at RCB in this system

Alemar

Or in fact both Bissaka and Bailly. 2 for 1 player swap, may be a good deal for Inter

Amsterdam Devil

Get Dumfries for 30m and play 3-4-3 the way Chelsea play it, in attack with two midfielders behind a striker of one midfielder behind two strikers.

We have more than enough centre backs but most of them aren’t good enough playing with two centre backs. Maguire, Varane, Lindeloff, Martinez, Bailly, Jones, Tuanze

The last time Maguire and Shaw played well was with England playing with three defenders at the Euro’s before last shit season.

If we sign Frenkie he is used to this because Holland will play like that at the next World Cup. I even think this could be an extra reason he would want to go to Chelsea. Louis van Gaal (Holland coach) said numerous times he likes the way Tuchel plays and tries to mirror that.

Erik ten Hag played with three defenders at Utrecht before he went to Ajax.

Play like:

Maguire - Varane - Martinez

Dumfries - De Jong/new player - Eriksen/new player - Shaw/Malacia

Bruno/Eriksen/Van de Beek

Sancho - new player

poleglass red

our fullbacks were woeful yesterday. Dalot was off the pace from the start, give away a chance in first 30 seconds. Shaw was just as bad. I think with Malacia on the left side we should be okay, but our right side is a disaster. I'd hope our world renowned "scouting dept" are looking to address this.

croadyman

our fullbacks were woeful yesterday. Dalot was off the pace from the start, give away a chance in first 30 seconds. Shaw was just as bad. I think with Malacia on the left side we should be okay, but our right side is a disaster. I'd hope our world renowned "scouting dept" are looking to address this.
Yeah we are utterly shite at RB