Denzel Dumfries

Nori-

AWB hitting a bit of form at the moment, we know attacking will never be his strength, so while he's doing ok - sell him, even if we get £25m.

Add another £10-15m, get Dumfries, still only 26 and you have one of the top 10 right backs in football right now.

These are the small upgrades we need to make across the squad if we want to build on the form we're in now.

dutchred

AWB hitting a bit of form at the moment, we know attacking will never be his strength, so while he's doing ok - sell him, even if we get £25m.

Add another £10-15m, get Dumfries, still only 26 and you have one of the top 10 right backs in football right now.

These are the small upgrades we need to make across the squad if we want to build on the form we're in now.
You are joking. Have you ever seen him against a good right winger? Can't defend to save his life

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The underrating of Denzel in here is aking to blasphemy. He may have no technique, vision, good cross or defending abilities, but he is the greatest warrior in the history of sports.

Pintu

You are joking. Have you ever seen him against a good right winger? Can't defend to save his life
You may be right, but I'm a bit curious here, who makes your top 10 list?

He plays against left-wingers usually...

dutchred

You may be right, but I'm a bit curious here, who makes your top 10 list?

He plays against left-wingers usually...
Sorry I meant left winger
Reece James
Kyle Walker
Hakimi
Cancelo
Cuadrado
Trippier
Dubois
Dalot
and in the last few games AWB

VanBasten

Supports
Ajax
The underrating of Denzel in here is aking to blasphemy. He may have no technique, vision, good cross or defending abilities, but he is the greatest warrior in the history of sports.
He is also useless if he doesn't have space in front of him to run into. I can't see him fitting Ten Hag's preferable play.

dutchred

But we want footballers not gladiators

dutchred

I am not being serious.

Well, I do like Dumfries, but I agree he doesnt suit Ten Hag ball.
Denzil could do well at Spurs as Conte likes a 3 5 2 and Denzil is a good wing back and I agree he is a fighter whio never gives up

Tarrou

I don't think we need to mess with right back at the moment

Dalot and AWB are doing fine for the time being

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would be a massive threat from the high central positions AWB often finds himself in under Ten Hag's system, but strictly an option against weaker teams in our back four.

Unless he's bargain bin cheap, hopefully we focus on higher priority positions.

NLunited

This guy would be a bit of a gamble. He alternates between being a beast and totally anonymous performances.

davidmichael

If we hadn’t signed Dalot to a new contract then I’d see us going for Dumfries or Frimpong BUT Dalot staying basically kills a right back coming in as I just don’t see us getting rid of AWB when he’s improved under ETH and is arguably the best 1 on 1 defender in the league, Dalot or Dumfries are defensive liabilities and their game is based on their ability further forward.

theballisround

Watched him quite a few times, he's basically a 15% better version of Serge Aurier.

He's a decent player that tends to disappear at times, thus, shouldn't be nowhere near being a priority.

Irwin99

Thought he had a great World cup and has always impressed when i've seen him with his strength and ability to get forward. I fully admit i haven't seen him week in week out but it seems the caf is negative on him :(

croadyman

Thought he had a great World cup and has always impressed when i've seen him with his strength and ability to get forward. I fully admit i haven't seen him week in week out but it seems the caf is negative on him :(
Yeah he's another Mount in eyes of CAF

bucky

He's bang average and not a good passer. If we are trying to improve on Wan-Bissaka he is not it.

bucky

I just want targets to get a fair crack rather than just be slated on here constantly
Are you their agent? What does it matter to you what people think of the players we are rumoured to sign? I want United to improve and I don't think Dumfries is an improvement. Fairly simple concept.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I see he's started in the CL final. I'm not watching, but how is he doing?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I see he's started in the CL final. I'm not watching, but how is he doing?
Good energy to get up the field, too hesitant to cross. You'd have to think he should have an impact with Grealish and Ake on his side.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Good energy to get up the field, too hesitant to cross. You'd have to think he should have an impact with Grealish and Ake on his side.
Done alright so far. All of Inter defence has to be fair.
Cheers. This must be among the best opposition he will ever face. Will be interesting to see how he does - he has this weird habit of somehow being able to face any next step (a more difficult league, more difficult opponent) while everyone thinks he's reached his limit.

IrishMcD

He is not miles ahead of Dalot or WB in terms of attacking based on this evidence, has been their least impressive defender as well. Doing ok but to spend money on a RB you’d be hoping for a massive upgrade. He defo isn’t

MichaelRed

Dumfries looks shit. Hope the rumours about us going for him are just rumours.