Depay

Renegade

Back to us? He was wearing another classic United jersey again today.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is that a real plane that colour? Good lord, money cant buy class.

BlueHaze

I don't want him back. Anyone know how much the buy back clause is?

Robbie Boy

Don’t rate him whatsoever I really hope we wouldn’t even contemplate re-signing him.

FujiVice

David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo dont own planes. What the feck would Memphis Depay need one for? Where does Memphis Depay need to get in double fast time on short notice?

stnrlgc

Surely you don't think that is Memphis' plane? United pays crazy money but if would take his more or less of his complete career earnings to just purchase that plane (looks to be a challenger 350 @ >25M). He could be a fractional owner but then that would an indictment on the other owners' taste as well.

However, that is Memphis' suit and he should stand for that.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo dont own planes. What the feck would Memphis Depay need one for? Where does Memphis Depay need to get in double fast time on short notice?
I have seen that one before and I'm pretty sure that he loaned it.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Hmmm, curious as to why Depay speculation/talk isn’t getting much attention.

There’s a lot of chatter that he’s off to Liverpool, at least amongst Liverpool fans who are all in on the idea. Would reunite with fellow countrymen Wijnaldum+VVD if it ends up happening

And then there’s this that you see... :lol:

Tbh I just wouldn’t blame him if he ended up agreeing to Liverpool. Times have changed and we (United) are now the new Liverpool AKA discombobulated laughing stock of a team. Surely Klopp’s system would bring out the best of Memphis and I could really see him translate over and adapt

...he had the most chances created out of the European top5 leagues this past season and has picked it up since leaving us so it wouldn’t be shocking if another big team gives him a last chance to prove himself. Could be a Fabinho (dud) or just as easily could end up like a Salah (rediscovers game and flourishes). That’s the intrigue about him...which side of the spectrum will he end up on because he really does have that sort of high-risk, high-reward. He’s the type of player that will either be a hit or complete miss.

beingshe7don

From the Lyon, the players I would get in order of preference
1. Ndombele
2. Aouar
3. Depay/ Dembele

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ronaldo does. Are we sure that plane is Memphis'

Canagel

Should not have been sold. Much better player than mediocres like Lingard, Mata or latest Rashford.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Should not have been sold. Much better player than mediocres like Lingard, Mata or latest Rashford.
He might be a lingard or mata replacement yet. Apparently woodie didn’t want to sell him but Mourinho pushed it.
Supposedly we have a buy back clause. Don’t think we ever saw the best of him at united

redpatron

It’s Lewis Hamilton’s plane. And when do planes have to be plain white? This thing is a beauty. Inside and out.

You know you can charter them right?

Nick.

I honestly thought he was one of the worst players I've ever seen wear the shirt. I remember the Norwich game towards the end of the season where he was appalling.

Kapardin

I honestly thought he was one of the worst players I've ever seen wear the shirt. I remember the Norwich game towards the end of the season where he was appalling.
To be honest, neither LvG nor Jose were right for him. Whole team was in a downward spiral by the second half of LvG's second year.

Hard to place Depay's true potential, but I reckon his output could be better than Rashford or Lingard for sure if he played under the right coach in the premier league.

I'd pass for 50 million though, he isn't worth that. Even Mane and Salah didn't cost that much.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Going by his form when he was at Utd, I wouldn't want him but under Klopp, seemingly average players shine. I was underwhelmed with Robertson, not particularly excited by Salah and when Trent was started at OT for his debut a couple of years back, a few of us questioned Klopp's thinking.
Safe to say that Klopp has won the vast majority of Liverpool fans over and right now, I wouldn't question him if he decided to buy a central midfielder from League 2.
I'd be excited to see how Depay played in a Liverpool side as he clearly has talent and if anyone can drag that out of him, it's Klopp