'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Neuer's 3-year long loss of form has been over since the quarter finals of the CL. He's the best in the world again methinks.

ShinjiNinja26

Used to always root for Dortmund in these games but after this summer and the whole Sancho saga feck them!! Want to see them get turned over at every opportunity, petty as feck I know but don’t give a shit. :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Used to always root for Dortmund in these games but after this summer and the whole Sancho saga feck them!! Want to see them get turned over at every opportunity, petty as feck I know but don’t give a shit. :lol:
Same. feck em.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Neuer's 3-year long loss of form has been over since the quarter finals of the CL. He's the best in the world again methinks.
Think that's a bit of myth that has established itself. I'd say he was back to his best at least since the 2019 DFB cup final.

Didn't watch a lot of Bayern that season, but Bayern fans can probably judge the development prior to that.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Think that's a bit of myth that has established itself. I'd say he was back to his best at least since the 2019 DFB cup final.

Didn't watch a lot of Bayern that season, but Bayern fans can probably judge the development prior to that.
Neuer had maybe half a year (after his long injury) where he was not at his level but that's it and anything else is mostly people mixing up some of our bad periods (under Kovac) and Germany's bad performances (where he still was always dependable/saved the team multiple times) with Neuer's own performances.

Blackwidow

He needed some time after the injuries - he was out a good year - but at the end of that season he was already back to his best.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Dortmund might as well not show up for this match anymore. Of the last 10 meetings between the 2, they have only won 2times and drawn 1 match. I don't think even Mourinho's Real suffered this much against Pep's Barca (I could be wrong though).

Wayne's World

We cant deny how good hes been for Dortmund in previous seasons and the incredible numbers hes put up, though, especially at such a young age.

One could argue his poor performances are to do with the fact he had his heart set on moving to United.
That's my thinking also. Looks like a man who had his heart set on United and now he's repaying Dortmund with non-performances

Needham

Dortmund might as well not show up for this match anymore. Of the last 10 meetings between the 2, they have only won 2times and drawn 1 match. I don't think even Mourinho's Real suffered this much against Pep's Barca (I could be wrong though).
I know, same movie every time. The world probably has more interest in Chelsea Fulham

Walters_19_MuFc

That's my thinking also. Looks like a man who had his heart set on United and now he's repaying Dortmund with non-performances
I wouldn't say repaying as such. Don't think he's underperforming on purpose. Think it's just a case of him losing focus, which is clearly showing.

Cloud7

Same. I always back the underdog team, and especially in Germany I always rooted for Dortmund. However, after the summer, I hope Bayern keep smashing them over and over and over.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Its only after the lockdown when everyone started shouting Sancho, then I started watching him.
Am I missing something or has he got a slump in form because except for one or two games (last season) he was pretty ordinary
He's been in a bit of a slump since lockdown, so you've only seem him while he's been off form. He was certainly better before that. Worth £108m? Based on what others had gone for in recent years yes, but obviously Covid has changed things and it should have come down a bit more than that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Always jealous watching these top teams, when their fullbacks bombarded forward like there's no tomorrow.

Robertd0803

Exactly this. I really really cant stand Bayern but hoping they smash Dortmund now every time.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Any news on Kimmich ?
Read in a Bild-tweet yesterday that the LCL is the prime suspect so far (unclear whether it's a complete tear) and not the ACL or patella, which would be a comparatively good outcome. Nothing official so far, so take it with a grain of salt.

Please pray for our sweet boy Kimmich. :(

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Read in a Bild-tweet yesterday that the LCL is the prime suspect so far (unclear whether it's a complete tear) and not the ACL or patella, which would be a comparatively good outcome.
That's what I suspected too even if it's just speculation. His knee didn't turn and it looked like he over extented it. That was a shitty pass from Sarr though, a real sabotage.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
That's what I suspected too even if it's just speculation. His knee didn't turn and it looked like he over extented it. That was a shitty pass from Sarr though, a real sabotage.
To be fair, Kimmich should have still done better with that pass but fumbled his reception completely. Just a chain of unfortunate events.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Read in a Bild-tweet yesterday that the LCL is the prime suspect so far (unclear whether it's a complete tear) and not the ACL or patella, which would be a comparatively good outcome. Nothing official so far, so take it with a grain of salt.

Please pray for our sweet boy Kimmich. :(
He would not be the first player to pick up a serious injury while tackling Haaland.
On a more serious note, hope he is fine or that it’s just a minor injury. Scary how such injuries can happen so quickly and out of nothing.

Pagh Wraith

Exactly this. I really really cant stand Bayern but hoping they smash Dortmund now every time.
I find this really strange. Here in Germany it's sort of the other way around and United's reputation has taken a bit of a hit as no one can wrap their head around the club's behaviour this summer. Including me. I think people's perception of this whole saga is also really shaped by whether they were following British or German media.

Robertd0803

I find this really strange. Here in Germany it's sort of the other way around and United's reputation has taken a bit of a hit as no one can wrap their head around the club's behaviour this summer. Including me. I think people's perception of this whole saga is also really shaped by whether they were following British or German media.
Dont get me wrong, Uniteds approach was beyond embarrassing and farcical but still if you cant be petty as a football fan towards opposition teams then wheres the fun in that :)

But also while I very much doubt we will ever go back in for him and end up regretting it I hope Dortmund have a shocker this season and get sick of Sancho so they are almost forced to sell him to us (only to us though) It might take some of the cards out of their hands at least and put them in a weaker position than this summer.

Blackwidow

Dont get me wrong, Uniteds approach was beyond embarrassing and farcical but still if you cant be petty as a football fan towards opposition teams then wheres the fun in that :)

But also while I very much doubt we will ever go back in for him and end up regretting it I hope Dortmund have a shocker this season and get sick of Sancho so they are almost forced to sell him to us (only to us though) It might take some of the cards out of their hands at least and put them in a weaker position than this summer.
But maybe that is the difference between a real top player and one, that just wants to be one. Mentality on the pitch and working hard off the pitch for me is the main ingredient for that apart from talent. Lewy still performed great after he got denied his transfer to Bayern.

Robertd0803

But maybe that is the difference between a real top player and one, that just wants to be one. Mentality on the pitch and working hard off the pitch for me is the main ingredient for that apart from talent. Lewy still performed great after he got denied his transfer to Bayern.
True. Same with Ronaldo in 2008/2009. But I guess from a human point of view its hard to motivate yourself when you want out and its fallen through for whatever reason in any job.

cyberman

Not paying 120m up front for such a player isnt strange behaviour. If we look at it now we didnt want to pay the price and hoped it would come down and it didnt. Theres nothing ground breaking there.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Do Dortmund ever beat these guys? It seems like they are always getting there arse handed to then day in day out by Bayern

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Two wins in their last ten meetings v Bayern. 25 wins in 103 games, overall.
Hardly a competitive derby that then.

It is a shame Bayern don't have anyone who can truly threaten their thrown.