'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

NoLogo

Did Dortmund spend any of that money they made from Dembele ?
Because if they didn't they blooming need to.
They have. But again mainly in young players, bar Witsel and Deleany. The problem for Dortmund is that they neither can keep their top talents nor attracted really top notch experienced players. That's why with every talent they build up and have to sell they fall back a bit again. The same will happen at the end of the season. They will get 70M for Pulisic and probably the same or even more for Sancho but they will have to replace their two biggest talents in attack again. Dortmund simply can't close the gap in the long run.

promisedlanchiao

Nah, that's understating it. City, Juve, PSG, Barca, Atletico all would've beaten them. United, Madrid and Ajax would've had a chance too. Bayern are not the team they were.
What I mean is that since they came top, only 3 teams (youre right about Atleti) out of 7 possible COULD have stopped them (only 1 actually did).

Btw, had they beaten liverpool, they would have drawn porto. I know its a lot of ifs and coulds but my point is, Bayern are still a good team.

Robbie Boy

This is great. The last thing I wanted was more Dortmund hipster fans like during the Klopp era.

Bole Top

as expected tbf. Bayern will strengthen further in the summer, Dortmund will lose some players and the circle will continue. if my memory serves me well, they won six titles in row with 2018/2019 possibly being seventh, while Juventus already have seven in row with 2018/2019 guaranteed to be their eight straight keague title. I can actually see both teams winning ten league titles in row now. PSG would be on the same path if there weren't for Monaco. a bit sad state of football when you look at it, then again, what can you do... money talks.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Dortmund really did shit themselves in that first half. They were negative from the start and couldn't cope with Bayern because of their negative mentality. Poor from Favre to go with that lineup and setup to defend, when their strength is going forward.
Perhaps when we talk about a fit, near full strength & in form Dortmund side. But not under these circumstances.

Hoof the ball

as expected tbf. Bayern will strengthen further in the summer, Dortmund will lose some players and the circle will continue. if my memory serves me well, they won six titles in row with 2018/2019 possibly being seventh, while Juventus already have seven in row with 2018/2019 guaranteed to be their eight straight keague title. I can actually see both teams winning ten league titles in row now. PSG would be on the same path if there weren't for Monaco. a bit sad state of football when you look at it, then again, what can you do... money talks.
AC Milan monumentally screwed up. With the Calciopoli scandal and Juve's subsequent banishment from Serie A, that should be been the catalyst to building a dominant run for years to come. That Juve not only came back from that scandal, but also have banished Milano to a contemporary footnote of recent history, is quite a sad indictment for the way Milan have been run.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I expected Bayern to win but this has been the most devastating show of ruthless dominance and hierarchy I've seen since the Madrid 2-6 Barça of 2009.

Dortmund has lost a Liga and tons of prestige.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
AC Milan monumentally screwed up. With the Calciopoli scandal and Juve's subsequent banishment from Serie A, that should be been the catalyst to building a dominant run for years to come. That Juve not only came back from that scandal, but also have banished Milano to a contemporary footnote of recent history, is quite a sad indictment for the way Milan have been run.
And don't forget Inter overshadowing them during 2007-2010.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I expected Bayern to win but this has been the most devastating show of ruthless dominance and hierarchy I've seen since the Madrid 2-6 Barça of 2009.

Dortmund has lost a Liga and tons of prestige.
Dortmund lost 6-0 at Bayern last season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hows Sancho doing?
Not performing. He’s been awful recently in big game. He’s still a teenager though, expect this type of form in him and this should rise a question whether we are willing to spend big on him. I believe he’s worth the money for long term but he’s probably not be the full package solution of our attacking problem next season.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Still have 6 more games to go so anything can happen. It will be hella funny if Bayern slips up and Dortmund end up snatching the title from them.

sherrinford

Like when a player misses 3 chances and people he could have had a hat trick. No one knows, he could have also gotten injured after the first goal. It grates me too
Haha. If someone misses three good chances to score then they could have had a hat trick. We know because they had said chances. I’m not sure why that bothers you.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Haha. If someone misses three good chances to score then they could have had a hat trick. We know because they had said chances. I’m not sure why that bothers you.
Because it implies like a sure thing he would have had the same chances after the first one scored whereas can know for sure if the sequence of events leading to those chances would be affected or not. The only thing to say is that the player could have at least scored 1 goal.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Because it implies like a sure thing he would have had the same chances after the first one scored whereas can know for sure if the sequence of events leading to those chances would be affected or not. The only thing to say is that the player could have at least scored 1 goal.
Indeed! I like the way you put it.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Not performing. He’s been awful recently in big game. He’s still a teenager though, expect this type of form in him and this should rise a question whether we are willing to spend big on him. I believe he’s worth the money for long term but he’s probably not be the full package solution of our attacking problem next season.
I think he is but just not at £80M

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Yeah, but at least this year they were favorites to win the Liga! Not even a draw, but a belting! 5-0
Can't really understand the expectations many here seem to have.

At the beginning of the season Dortmund were far from favourites to win the league, no one would have expected that from this young team with a new coach. The target was to restabilize and establish a strong fundament for the future. They put themselves in that great position by performing at the very top of their potential for half a year, and tipping close games in their favour multiple times. It's not too surprising that this wasn't sustainable over a whole season, for a lack of squad depth (when we talk of competing at Bayern levels) and inexperience.

At the same time Bayern struggled quite a bit. The trajectories of both teams have changed since then, which isn't too surprising either. Disappointing for Dortmund for sure, but to me it's back to normal more than anything else. Yesterday was an entirely poor performance, of course. The season is not over, but Bayern have all the momentum now.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Let's see what Flick can do today.

Both teams playing far from their best recently.

Fracture90

Great cross from Pavard, superb finish from Lewandowski, poor from Sancho to lose the ball so nonchalantly in a danger area.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Imagine having Thiago, Tolisso, Perisic and Coutinho on your bench. Hahahahaha

Look at state of our squad compared to Bayern. Ed Woodward should be shot.