Derby, Keogh car crash

RooneyLegend

Idiotic stuff. These blokes earn way too much money for this foolishness. What happened to uber?

Tarrou

how were two arrested for drink driving? Did they crash into each other? :lol:

Flying_Heckfish

Idiotic stuff. These blokes earn way too much money for this foolishness. What happened to uber?
There are like 2 Uber drivers in Derby :lol:

Still no excuse though, there are plenty of taxis, and they even turned down the cars laid on by the club.

Idiots, lucky no-one was killed.

SteveW

He's potentially fecked Ireland's chances with Duffy already doubtful for the next two games. Fuking idiot.

noelyman

Apparently this was the barbill. I'll not show you the knee injury cos it's pretty graphic.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Amazed this thread wasn’t created Wednesday morning.

Some of those pics of whatsapp chats and details going round are truly shocking. Lucky to be alive. Utterly deplorable actions.

Josep Dowling

I heard about that the other day and thought that straight away, but then to hear Keogh was injured in the same incident. They were lucky they didn't kill anyone.
It looks like Keogh has snapped his knee. I suspect it could be a career ending injury. Just can’t believe a senior player would be so stupid to 1) get so pissed 2) get in a car with someone driving who’s clearly paralytic drunk.

The two driving should get jail time for what they did, but no doubt it will be a slap on the wrist and moved on from Derby County. In 12 months time it will be forgotten about.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Amazing how Ingurland based players somehow manage to beat Poles in being dumb drunk fecks in football. Haven't WBA done something alike a couple of years ago, including stealing a taxi?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hopefully the law and club comes down on them hard. Lucky they smashed into each other and not a poor innocent person. Idiots. About time that footballers didn’t just get fined/banned for this stuff.

Nick7

It looks like Keogh has snapped his knee. I suspect it could be a career ending injury. Just can’t believe a senior player would be so stupid to 1) get so pissed 2) get in a car with someone driving who’s clearly paralytic drunk.

The two driving should get jail time for what they did, but no doubt it will be a slap on the wrist and moved on from Derby County. In 12 months time it will be forgotten about.
I saw the photo of his leg. His career is done.

The others players careers should be over too. They’ll get away lucky with a sacking.

Alabaster Codify7

Can someone summarise it for me?
I ain't playing around with the stupid survey preventing me from viewing the article, it's making my laptop freeze.

United58

Apparently this was the barbill. I'll not show you the knee injury cos it's pretty graphic.
Can you put a link in a spoiler please? Can't find it through Google

I ain't playing around with the stupid survey preventing me from viewing the article, it's making my laptop freeze.
Ireland star Richard Keogh’s Euro 2020 dream was in tatters yesterday after he suffered a career-threatening knee injury in a booze-fuelled car crash.

The footballer was a passenger in team-mate Tom Lawrence’s Range Rover which collided with forward Mason Bennett’s Mercedes GLC shortly before midnight on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old has been ruled out for the rest of the season after the horrific smash on the A6 near Allestree in Derbyshire.

And yesterday Keogh’s club Derby County issued a furious response, insisting it would haul the defender in for disciplinary action, along with his team-mates.

A source said: “He’s obviously incredibly upset and down by all of this as you can imagine.”

Club captain Keogh and his two pals face a savage dressing down after they were accused of going on a boozy night out following a team-bonding dinner.

They were slammed for “drinking into the night” and ignoring “the opportunity to be driven home”.

Now Snapchat videos uploaded by teammate and ex-England star Tom Huddlestone, 32, have surfaced.

They show Bennett vomiting into a urinal while fellow players mock him for only having “three pints of Peroni”.

Captioned “youth of today”, someone can be heard telling Bennett “get it all out Mas” as he is violently sick.

Another player says to him: “F***ing three pints of Peroni are f***ing strong these days.”
Bennett, whose head is slumped against the top of the urinal, appears to slur: “I’ve had more than three.”

He then asks for a tissue and twice retches into a neighbouring toilet as someone says, “There’s a lot of sick in there you know”.

Asked if he is alright, Bennett wipes his mouth and replies: “No, put your phones away.”

In another clip, he is filmed downing a pint of lager as several players sit on sofas in the pub.

One of the group said off-camera: “That’s coming straight back up, straight on the floor.”

Another unidentified player appears to be asleep in the footage.

The videos were uploaded on to Huddlestone’s Snapchat profile before the crash.

Keogh had played in all five of Ireland manager Mick McCarthy’s competitive matches and the centre half had formed a rock solid defensive partnership with Shane Duffy.

Keogh was a back seat passenger in the Range Rover which careered into a lamppost. It is understood there is significant concerns the veteran’s age and the severity of the injuries could undermine his attempts to make a full recovery.

Lawrence, 25, and 23-year-old Bennett were arrested and charged with alleged drink-driving shortly after the crash and Derby County yesterday launched an internal investigation.

Keogh’s injury is a huge blow for the Boys in Green who are set to play at least two matches in the Aviva Stadium next summer if they qualify for Euro 2020.

He will now almost certainly miss the pan-European tournament if Ireland succesfully book their place.

Derby County confirmed Keogh will be out for the rest of the season in a statement yesterday and they said all three players will face disciplinary action.

In a statement the club, managed by Dutchman Phillip Cocu, condemned the “alcohol-related incident”.

It read: “As a club, we cannot, and do not, condone the actions of a small group of players on Tuesday evening. The players were out as part of a scheduled team-building dinner with staff.

“While the majority of them acted responsibly and left at around 8pm and were not involved, a small group, including team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night.

“They should have known when to stop and also ignored the opportunity to be driven home using cars laid on by the club and chose to stay out.

“Richard Keogh has sustained a serious knee injury that will prevent him from playing until the end of the season.

"The players involved will be subject to a rigorous internal investigation under the club’s code of conduct and disciplinary procedures but over and above any punishment they receive we will be expecting them to become involved with the excellent work the Community Trust does helping the communities we serve.”

It is believed a large part of this work focuses on building links with schools, physical activity and coaching young players.

The Derby spokesman added: “We have been very clear about our attitude towards alcohol and the players know that at certain and specific times of the season they are permitted a drink together as a group in a controlled environment.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/richard-keogh-derby-car-crash-20306510

pascell

Derby put on a dinner for the team and staff, most played by the rules and left at 8pm in cars hired by the club, these ones didn't, stayed out drinking and chose to drive home, smashed into each other and Keogh knackered his knee in the crash and is out for the season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can you put a link in a spoiler please? Can't find it through Google

Ireland star Richard Keogh’s Euro 2020 dream was in tatters yesterday after he suffered a career-threatening knee injury in a booze-fuelled car crash.

The footballer was a passenger in team-mate Tom Lawrence’s Range Rover which collided with forward Mason Bennett’s Mercedes GLC shortly before midnight on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old has been ruled out for the rest of the season after the horrific smash on the A6 near Allestree in Derbyshire.

And yesterday Keogh’s club Derby County issued a furious response, insisting it would haul the defender in for disciplinary action, along with his team-mates.

A source said: “He’s obviously incredibly upset and down by all of this as you can imagine.”

Club captain Keogh and his two pals face a savage dressing down after they were accused of going on a boozy night out following a team-bonding dinner.

They were slammed for “drinking into the night” and ignoring “the opportunity to be driven home”.

Now Snapchat videos uploaded by teammate and ex-England star Tom Huddlestone, 32, have surfaced.

They show Bennett vomiting into a urinal while fellow players mock him for only having “three pints of Peroni”.

Captioned “youth of today”, someone can be heard telling Bennett “get it all out Mas” as he is violently sick.

Another player says to him: “F***ing three pints of Peroni are f***ing strong these days.”
Bennett, whose head is slumped against the top of the urinal, appears to slur: “I’ve had more than three.”

He then asks for a tissue and twice retches into a neighbouring toilet as someone says, “There’s a lot of sick in there you know”.

Asked if he is alright, Bennett wipes his mouth and replies: “No, put your phones away.”

In another clip, he is filmed downing a pint of lager as several players sit on sofas in the pub.

One of the group said off-camera: “That’s coming straight back up, straight on the floor.”

Another unidentified player appears to be asleep in the footage.

The videos were uploaded on to Huddlestone’s Snapchat profile before the crash.

Keogh had played in all five of Ireland manager Mick McCarthy’s competitive matches and the centre half had formed a rock solid defensive partnership with Shane Duffy.

Keogh was a back seat passenger in the Range Rover which careered into a lamppost. It is understood there is significant concerns the veteran’s age and the severity of the injuries could undermine his attempts to make a full recovery.

Lawrence, 25, and 23-year-old Bennett were arrested and charged with alleged drink-driving shortly after the crash and Derby County yesterday launched an internal investigation.

Keogh’s injury is a huge blow for the Boys in Green who are set to play at least two matches in the Aviva Stadium next summer if they qualify for Euro 2020.

He will now almost certainly miss the pan-European tournament if Ireland succesfully book their place.

Derby County confirmed Keogh will be out for the rest of the season in a statement yesterday and they said all three players will face disciplinary action.

In a statement the club, managed by Dutchman Phillip Cocu, condemned the “alcohol-related incident”.

It read: “As a club, we cannot, and do not, condone the actions of a small group of players on Tuesday evening. The players were out as part of a scheduled team-building dinner with staff.

“While the majority of them acted responsibly and left at around 8pm and were not involved, a small group, including team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night.

“They should have known when to stop and also ignored the opportunity to be driven home using cars laid on by the club and chose to stay out.

“Richard Keogh has sustained a serious knee injury that will prevent him from playing until the end of the season.

"The players involved will be subject to a rigorous internal investigation under the club’s code of conduct and disciplinary procedures but over and above any punishment they receive we will be expecting them to become involved with the excellent work the Community Trust does helping the communities we serve.”

It is believed a large part of this work focuses on building links with schools, physical activity and coaching young players.

The Derby spokesman added: “We have been very clear about our attitude towards alcohol and the players know that at certain and specific times of the season they are permitted a drink together as a group in a controlled environment.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/richard-keogh-derby-car-crash-20306510
Absolutely moronic. They will deserve everything they get.

Alabaster Codify7

Derby put on a dinner for the team and staff, most played by the rules and left at 8pm in cars hired by the club, these ones didn't, stayed out drinking and chose to drive home, smashed into each other and Keogh knackered his knee in the crash and is out for the season.

Thanks mate! Pricks.

pascell

Thanks mate! Pricks.
No problem mate!

The Chairman also released a statement and said they'll come down hard on them but when the times right, they'll be integrated back into the team/squad. Basically brushing it under the carpet and wait for it to blow over and the ones not seriously injured, will be back playing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you look on twitter there's someone claiming there was more than just drink involved in this so could be much more coming out....

What's bad here is Derby actually offered to drive the players home after team bonding meal but they decided to stay out and these are the consequences.

All this and Rooney turns up in January....:lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If you look on twitter there's someone claiming there was more than just drink involved in this so could be much more coming out....

What's bad here is Derby actually offered to drive the players home after team bonding meal but they decided to stay out and these are the consequences.

He'll show them how to party.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The pics of "Keogh's knee" on twitter are most likely bullshit and not actually him.

Djemba-Djemba

Oof Jesus.

That could get very very ugly.

Brophs

The One and Only
The oddest part for me of this story is the revelation that Richard Keogh has apparently never learned to drive. He’ll be minted at the end of his career if he hasn’t been spaffing money on cars every 6 months.

Coxy

Absolute idiots. I have friends who live on that road, not near the crash, but still. Anyway glad the club came out with such a strong statement.

Damned good pub they were at though !

Needham

They'll get more points for this than last time they were in the Premier League.

Deery

Dreary
Keogh’s career probably finished now too what age is he 32?
Bennett vomiting into the toilets full drunk and then getting into a car is disgraceful.

Rooney into the thick of it next:houllier:

DavidDeSchmikes

Mason Bennett at a Drinkaware event

Feel sorry for Philip Cocu, Derby have made a slow start to the season, and now this