Derby - United u23

lysglimt

Scout
In all the chaos - don't forget the match tonight against Derby :) (and the reversed fixture next monday)

Not a very important game for either side - Derby 6th, United 7th - best case scenario is 5th, worst case is 8th after these 2 matches.

Bertie Wooster

In all the chaos - don't forget the match tonight against Derby :) (and the reversed fixture next monday)

Not a very important game for either side - Derby 6th, United 7th - best case scenario is 5th, worst case is 8th after these 2 matches.
I was just about to start a thread saying all that. :)

Hopefully it'll be another chance to see Amad, Shoretire and Hannibal link up together. I'm really loving seeing that combination.

What's happened to Joe Hugill? Presumably an injury, but I haven't seen him for either the U23's or U18's in the last couple of weeks.

Mickson

Good odds on United. I wonder if Amad, Elanga, Shoretire etc will play - if so I'm all in.

lysglimt

Scout
I was just about to start a thread saying all that. :)

Hopefully it'll be another chance to see Amad, Shoretire and Hannibal link up together. I'm really loving seeing that combination.

What's happened to Joe Hugill? Presumably an injury, but I haven't seen him for either the U23's or U18's in the last couple of weeks.
I can close my thread so you can copy my text and say all that :)

luke511

Good odds on United. I wonder if Amad, Elanga, Shoretire etc will play - if so I'm all in.
Yeah great odds if Amad, Mejbri, Shoretire and Elanga are all playing. I'm waiting for the line up before getting involved as well, there's a decent chance one or two of them will be in the first team squad for Thursday.

luke511

Anyone know a good place for line ups whilst social media's being boycotted?

Collina

Anyone know a good place for line ups whilst social media's being boycotted?
This thread!

Manchester United: Matej Kovar – Mark Helm, Max Taylor, Will Fish (C), Reece Devine – Ethan Galbraith – Charlie McCann, Shola Shoretire – Omari Forson, Hannibal Mejbri, Anthony Elanga.
Substitutes: Ondrej Mastny, Álvaro Fernández, Zidane Iqbal, Charlie Wellens, Charlie McNeill.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

This thread!

Manchester United: Matej Kovar – Mark Helm, Max Taylor, Will Fish (C), Reece Devine – Ethan Galbraith – Charlie McCann, Shola Shoretire – Omari Forson, Hannibal Mejbri, Anthony Elanga.
Substitutes: Ondrej Mastny, Álvaro Fernández, Zidane Iqbal, Charlie Wellens, Charlie McNeill.
Thanks!

lenny_1248

Omari Forson in the starting 11, interesting.
Finally, Galbraith is back. The club needs to find him a good club for loan for next season.

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 after 26 seconds - Elanga. Assist by Forson I think

lysglimt

Scout
1-1 - Will Fish continues his calamity defending. Gets robbed and the Derby player hammers it into the top corner

Fish really has been poor this season

lysglimt

Scout
Fish started this season so well. Now wondering if his calmness is actually lethargy
Not really - he was ok, he just looked better when he was alongside Mengi who made mistake after mistake. But with Mengi gone - he has been poor. The expert nailed it when he said - he is too nice.

lysglimt

Scout
2-1 Derby. Beautiful goal by Cresswell, but in fairness we are garbage in defence. Taylor this time
He is allowed to stand and pick his corner from 15-16 yards. Taylor makes no effort to get close

lysglimt

Scout
2-2 Galbraith
Low Cross - and McCann misses the shot, which falls to Galbraith and he hammers it home from 20 yards. Brilliant strike

lysglimt

Scout
Kovar almost gives Derby 3-2 by rushing off his line and fails to connect properly - but collects the ball on the second attempt

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

109 goals in 23 games for u23s. Definitely worth watching. So obvious how many problems we've had with loans and injuries at the back as hard to see these lads getting to top level soon

GueRed

Lots of goals this season at this youth level.

Entertaining at least.

lysglimt

Scout
3-2 Shoretire. Super counter from a Derby freekick. Hanniball picks out Forson who sets up Elanga. Keeper saves his effort and Shoretire rolls it into the empty net

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Classic United counterattack as Elanga's shot is saved and falls to Shoretire to tap in.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Couldn't miss but fear play to him. Respect to Elanga who drove hard at them.

Also the ref is married to Sian Massey Ellis. Commentators wouldn't shut up about him earlier

lysglimt

Scout
Forson maybe our best player in the first half - really good match from him