Gaming Devil May Cry

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any of you played this game series?

Just completed the newest version that came out this month, and i think its absolutely fantastic.

Its a game that is full paced, and has some great boss battles. It also rewards replaying the game a few times to unlock secret missions.

The sound track is also immense, its a mixture of rock / dubstep which really fits into some of the main fight scenes.

Adam-Utd

I read it is not too good on ps3.

Which console do you have it on?
ps3, not sure why anbody would say that apart from the real geeks who notice tiny errors.

Graphically in the cut scenes could be slightly better, but overall in game it is great and fast moving - no glitching or lag in commands.

Prepare to have yourself booked in for some thumb surgery though, i think im going to have arthritius by the end of my 2nd play through :lol:

If you have not played the games before then maybe wait a few weeks and get it on the cheap, but i would certainly recommend it.

Flying Fox

I remember playing one of these games on the PS2...not sure which one. Absolutely loved it though.

Is the demo out on the PSN? might grab it

Adam-Utd

I remember playing one of these games on the PS2...not sure which one. Absolutely loved it though.

Is the demo out on the PSN? might grab it
Yes it is, been out for a while now.

Definitely give it a shot if you enjoyed the old ones, its exactly the same game but just more advanced.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I really liked Part 3 because it was rock solid, especially near the end where you have to face all the bosses again with one health bar!

Adam-Utd

I really dont like the new Dante.
Alot of people say that but I think it's because they are so used to his old looks.

He still has the same cocky and witty personality, and as it fits with the prequel feel I do quite like it.

Can't wait for the Virgil expansion pack too :drool:

Adam-Utd

Some of the DMC fans have boycotted the game because of his new look. Weirdos.
That's fanboys for you. Such a shame as i think the game is fantastic. Really well put together IMO

Chairman Steve

I wasn’t too sure whether to create a new thread seeing that this ones been inactive since Sir Alex was still in charge(!), but anyway...

Devil May Cry 5 is coming out next March and my god it looks amazing, which has lead me to stop a very long procrastination period of getting round to playing them, after years of hearing how good the games are, so I bought the HD Collection along with DMC4SE.

Currently going through DMC1 which I very fondly remember being a high rated PS2 game and wondered why I didn’t get it at the time since it was classed as a console seller in the days when console exclusive games were common. Playing it recently...yes you can definitely tell it’s aged badly like the graphics and those horrible fixed camera angles you can’t control, but I can definitely appreciate the gameplay as well as it being the first game of its kind. It’s hard initially but it’s real fun. I like how it came about from the early foundations of Resident Evil 4 they ditched and a bug in Onimusha that became part of the core combat system to create this masterpiece.

Planning to play them in order and probably avoid DMC2, which is universally despised by everyone on the whole despite having cool stuff in there like Dante’s best character design, maybe even more despised than the Ninja Theory remake.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I wasn’t too sure whether to create a new thread seeing that this ones been inactive since Sir Alex was still in charge(!), but anyway...

Devil May Cry 5 is coming out next March and my god it looks amazing, which has lead me to stop a very long procrastination period of getting round to playing them, after years of hearing how good the games are, so I bought the HD Collection along with DMC4SE.

Currently going through DMC1 which I very fondly remember being a high rated PS2 game and wondered why I didn’t get it at the time since it was classed as a console seller in the days when console exclusive games were common. Playing it recently...yes you can definitely tell it’s aged badly like the graphics and those horrible fixed camera angles you can’t control, but I can definitely appreciate the gameplay as well as it being the first game of its kind. It’s hard initially but it’s real fun. I like how it came about from the early foundations of Resident Evil 4 they ditched and a bug in Onimusha that became part of the core combat system to create this masterpiece.

Planning to play them in order and probably avoid DMC2, which is universally despised by everyone on the whole despite having cool stuff in there like Dante’s best character design, maybe even more despised than the Ninja Theory remake.
I think the last one I played was DMC3 could have been 4. I knew of the series but I wasn’t familiar with it but I ended up getting one of the games and really enjoyed it. I’ll probably get DMC5, they had some good crossover stuff with MHW where you get Dante armour and stuff that kinda got me interested again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bumping this. After beating Sekiro, I want another challenge so I will beat this on Dante Must Die mode.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Bumping this. After beating Sekiro, I want another challenge so I will beat this on Dante Must Die mode.
Good man. I finished the third one on this mode. I nearly ended up in a mental institute by the end :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The first two, when they were first released were brill, not fancied the newer ones.
Wot, Dmc 2 was fecking awful. 1 and 3 were amazing for sure. I actually also liked 4 and Dmc, but I'm a sucker for these types of games.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Wot, Dmc 2 was fecking awful. 1 and 3 were amazing for sure. I actually also liked 4 and Dmc, but I'm a sucker for these types of games.
The haze of time, maybe it was 1 and 3 I liked. I remember two of the early ones being ace. Maybe I should give a newer one a whirl. Which one?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The haze of time, maybe it was 1 and 3 I liked. I remember two of the early ones being ace. Maybe I should give a newer one a whirl. Which one?
5 is awesome, though the special edition of 4 is fine as well and think it's on ps4 too. Think even the remake of 3 is on there, which is still brilliant.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
DmC (2013) was surprisingly decent, boss fight versus TV Station owner is one of my favourite in the series.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Christ, I've beaten 5 on Son of Sparda and started Dante must die. I can't even beat the prologue level :(

b82REZ

Managed to grab this and Godfall for £30. Not too arsed about Godfall but can't wait to get on DMC.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Hmm, this thread is making me feel like I'm missing out a bit. I remember loving the first one and looking at getting DMC4 but seen there's a bundle. Has anyone got the HD collection 1-4? Is that worth playing still?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Halfway through DMD in 5. It's really fecking hard. I also got to floor 60 of Bloody Palace. Not sure I can muster the will power to beat that.

I told myself I will not spend any money on new games until I beat this, The Last of Us 2, Yakuza like a dragon and Nioh 2 on new game + though.