Television Dexter | New Blood finale has now aired. Avoid the thread until you've watched it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Downloading now. Hope it's good quality.

feck, I shouldn't watch it, it's gonna get me wanting more and I'll have to wait over a month for the second ep.

Can't help myself.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
My brother has this on dvd, I reckon it's high time I gave it a look seeing as everybody raves about it.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Need to watch Season 3 yet just not found the time. cnut I need to watch it to start season 4. Not due out until September is it?

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
I just got Season 3 yesterday, will probably start watching it later on

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just watched it, been needing a Dexter fix for nearly a year now :lol:

I liked it. Details in spoiler thingy

I like John Lithgow's character, he seems fecking mental :lol: Will be interesting to see how Dexter learns to cope with the lack of sleep and baby shiz. Does he still have Gomez body in the trunk when he crashes? That could be interesting. Not sure I like the whole LaGuerta Angel thing though

Now I wait a month and a half for episode 2, stupid me.

HsJ

Bollocks, wish I didnt watch it!!

Now I have to wait to see what happens!! feck!

kps88

I'm waiting. No fecking point starting the season only to wait another month.

UBERScholes

Watched five episodes of Season 3 yesterday and I like it so far. Rita isn't quite as annoying as I expected her to be, and I like Jimmy Smits' character and his relationship with Dexter.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Watched five episodes of Season 3 yesterday and I like it so far. Rita isn't quite as annoying as I expected her to be, and I like Jimmy Smits' character and his relationship with Dexter.
Yeah Miguel is a superb character.

HsJ

I liked it. Details in spoiler thingy

I like John Lithgow's character, he seems fecking mental :lol: Will be interesting to see how Dexter learns to cope with the lack of sleep and baby shiz. Does he still have Gomez body in the trunk when he crashes? That could be interesting. Not sure I like the whole LaGuerta Angel thing though
Yeah, the new seriel killer seems a bit pyscho :lol:
I was wondering the same thing re: body in the trunk. Guess we'll have to wait and see! Yeah, the whole LaGuerta - Angel thing is a bit random to be honest! Didnt see that coming at all!

UBERScholes

Finished Season 3 last night and I thought overall it was pretty good. But I didn't find it as engrossing as the first two seasons, never really seemed focused despite having the Dexter - Miguel relationship.

And Dexter getting married and starting a family only weakens the character imo, doesn't bode well. I hoped that Miguel would end up having more effect on Dexter but as soon as they turned against each other the season took a major turn for the worst and became predictable and dull, ending up in a crappy finale that rushed towards ending the season as quickly as possible. Still, I felt pretty bad that it didn't work out between Dexter and Miguel, great storyline for the better part of the season when they were together, ended up feeling sorry for both of them. Really liked Jimmy Smits in the role.

Now just got to wait for Season 4 to come out on DVD! Can't wait for some Lithgowage

HsJ

Finished Season 3 last night and I thought overall it was pretty good. But I didn't find it as engrossing as the first two seasons, never really seemed focused despite having the Dexter - Miguel relationship.

And Dexter getting married and starting a family only weakens the character imo, doesn't bode well. I hoped that Miguel would end up having more effect on Dexter but as soon as they turned against each other the season took a major turn for the worst and became predictable and dull, ending up in a crappy finale that rushed towards ending the season as quickly as possible. Still, I felt pretty bad that it didn't work out between Dexter and Miguel, great storyline for the better part of the season when they were together, ended up feeling sorry for both of them. Really liked Jimmy Smits in the role.

Now just got to wait for Season 4 to come out on DVD! Can't wait for some Lithgowage
Think on the whole your analysis is quite good.
However, I would disagree on the marraige thing, I think its a good turn for the show. Another season of Dexter being alone would be boring. But I like they way they have gone away from the stereotypes of a seriel killer. Its probably whats kept me watching.

Really enjoyed the 3rd season, thought it was really well written, with him being so close to getting caught, and then stitching someone else up for all his mess. Evolving and becoming is own person. I think season 4 is going to be the best one yet:devil:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I enjoyed each season more than the last. I hope the pattern continues.

Biscuit1871

Surprised Wibble. For me season 3 was the poorest by a long shot.

EDIT: Sorry meant season 3.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It advanced the story really well. It probably helped that I watched all three series in the space of less than a month.

Cina

Not yet. Was tempted to watch the leak but I decided it'd be a bad idea to watch the first episode and have to wait a month for the next one!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nope, the first isn't even out (not officially anyway). I think the second one will be out early Oct

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The second episode was great :D and the next one looks even better.

Cina

I dunno, it's not a patch on what it used to be anymore.

Cina

The new series has only just started?
"What it used to be" as in season 1 and 2. Season 3 was decent but didn't match up to them at all, and I thought it was a bit annoying at times with Miguel. I just don't like where season 4 is going with the...

Dexter being married and having to take care of his son and such, it's a tad boring and it feels like the old, lovable cnut that is Dexter has disintegrated a bit.

Also, all the major plots, the Ice Cream Killer in S1, Dexters bodies being found in S2 have always had something to do with Dexter, which was what was so enticing about them, now though the "Trinity Killer" looks like the main plot, and while it looks interesting, it doesn't grapple me in like that others. It's a bit "meh".

Saying that, I do still enjoy Dexter, and rate it higher than most of the shite that's on TV right now, I just think it's running out of ideas at this point.

Maroon Lucifer

Didn't you see the preview for the next episode?
"I will come here, and I will leave with your head in a bag... I already have the bag".
Well, the plot will include Dexter more. There is the graffiti, and a neighbor tells Dexter "...it started when you moved in...". Looks like someone might be on to him, again. I really love this show still, but the only thing missing is more graphic scenes of his murders. That used to be so funny, how cold Dex would seem in his natural environment. I miss that Dexter. He was a lot more fun than the sleep deprived declining Dexter,

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
O right. None of you cnuts thought to inform me that episode 2 was out.
Episode 2 is out an it was great.
I enjoyed the angle of Dexter investigating himself

Apparently episode 3 is a real corker.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Watched the 2 episodes and yep it's still fantastic, I like how he has to juggle between his job,his family and the dark passenger.The new bad guy scared me out as I used to watch him in so many comedy movies :lol:
However I hope Dexter will get back to his best ruthlessness

Widnes

Dexter is fecking awesome although his slag of a sister sure does try to ruin it by been a annoying bitch in every series.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The first two series of this were excellent but the third fell off a bit for me. Not seen any of the new ones but from a few comments in here I don't think its recovered.

Will wait till I can watch them all together, hate waiting a week between episodes.