Television Dexter | New Blood finale has now aired. Avoid the thread until you've watched it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do we need spoiler for aired episodes?

Anyway, the cremation thing was far too abrupt and convenient (how the feck was that facility so easy to access and use? Did I miss a transition or something?), as was the fact that the cameras in the woods went back to being a non-issue in a matter of minutes, but oh well, it's mildly enjoyable in a junk food kind of way, and that's probably the best we could have hoped for.
I genuinely thought I'd missed a scene.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Caught up, I think it's enjoyable enough. It won't win any awards but it doesn't need to. Great to see Dexter back on screen and all the little nods back to the old show.

Be interested to see the arc Harrison goes down.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do we need spoiler for aired episodes?

Anyway, the cremation thing was far too abrupt and convenient (how the feck was that facility so easy to access and use? Did I miss a transition or something?), as was the fact that the cameras in the woods went back to being a non-issue in a matter of minutes, but oh well, it's mildly enjoyable in a junk food kind of way, and that's probably the best we could have hoped for.
I genuinely thought I'd missed a scene.
Apparently small towns with bear populations in the US have incinerators to dispose of rubbish so bears won't be enticed into town. Source

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently small towns with bear populations in the US have incinerators to dispose of rubbish so bears won't be enticed into town. Source
Dexter could've at least 'thought' that in his head so viewers knew why he could just rock up and burn a corpse.

cafecillos

Thanks for this. It's still a rather flimsy plot point though, if we're supposed to know that.

Damien

Staff
Things moving quite quickly now. Can see how Dexter gets on Kurt's trail - he'll find out that Chloe is missing and remembers the green hair and Kurt talking to her. Going to be sad when this is all over. Yeah, there are moments which stretch the bounds, but I'm enjoying it.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Full steam ahead with episode 4. Both plot lines crystal clear. This could go in so many fecked up directions now.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Things moving quite quickly now. Can see how Dexter gets on Kurt's trail - he'll find out that Chloe is missing and remembers the green hair and Kurt talking to her. Going to be sad when this is all over. Yeah, there are moments which stretch the bounds, but I'm enjoying it.
Yeah I think so too.

Been a very good four episodes for me.Has definitely whet my appetite for the show again, will most likely watch through from S1 again soon.

Dante

Average bang
I've genuinely been enjoying this reboot.

In a good way, the first 4 episode felt quite different from the original series. But episode 5 was a lot more like the show really going back its roots. That's not necessarily bad thing. But it is a noticeable shift in tone.

I don't want to judge it too early because we're only half way through the season. But things have gone off the deep end now. So I'm expecting this to either get really good or really contrived in the final 5 episodes.

Damien

Staff
It was so good to see Batista again. Thought he might be the cameo and wasn't disappointed.

Chloe was great. Kurt's ritual is now ruined so interesting to see where he goes now. Him getting closer to Harrison who fits the MO of his other victims bar being male is a bad sign. We know Kurt's killing doesn't have a sexual motive.

Shit has hit the fan completely. Think the hopes of this going on for more than one season are over. Looking forward to the next episode but agree with Dante that it could get really contrived.

Song from the credits

wr8_utd

:'(
I've genuinely been enjoying this reboot.

In a good way, the first 4 episode felt quite different from the original series. But episode 5 was a lot more like the show really going back its roots. That's not necessarily bad thing. But it is a noticeable shift in tone.

I don't want to judge it too early because we're only half way through the season. But things have gone off the deep end now. So I'm expecting this to either get really good or really contrived in the final 5 episodes.
They'll find a way for Dexter to kill Angela and escape yet again and keep alive the hope of another season. He's just not going to get caught. Just look at the two narrow escapes he had this episode.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m enjoying it but man it feels so contrived sometimes, and I feel like they don’t half dumb dexter down sometimes and he then subsequently gets really lucky. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m enjoying it but man it feels so contrived sometimes, and I feel like they don’t half dumb dexter down sometimes and he then subsequently gets really lucky. :lol:
The whole Batista thing with him revealing loads of info was ridiculous :lol: oh what was his name? Oh yeah HARRISON

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The whole Batista thing with him revealing loads of info was ridiculous :lol: oh what was his name? Oh yeah HARRISON
:lol: I did think of you a couple times this episode. Could imagine you shaking your head.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is anyone else worried that they're setting this up so that Dexter dies and Harrison carries the torch?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is it just me that thinks the revelation about him being 'Dexter Morgan' is not really that big of a deal? He could quite plausibly just tell Angela that he wanted a new life after his wife was murdered and his sister died. Explaining giving Harrison up is a bit trickier though, although he could just say he wasn't in the right frame of mind to raise a kid etc./SPOILER]

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is it just me that thinks the revelation about him being 'Dexter Morgan' is not really that big of a deal? He could quite plausibly just tell Angela that he wanted a new life after his wife was murdered and his sister died. Explaining giving Harrison up is a bit trickier though, although he could just say he wasn't in the right frame of mind to raise a kid etc./SPOILER]
Nope. He’ll wriggle out of it nicely.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah as in they made it seem quite big but he’ll get out of it no problem.
But again though, there really isn't really much for him to explain :lol:

As far as I remember no one found out that he was a serial killer. He just looks like a guy that abandoned his kid after his sister died and his wife was murdered.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And all of a sudden Angela and her daughter are having heart to hearts?

GeorgieBoy

Yeah I am enjoying it fairness. Few things that irk but I'll let most of them pass.
Most annoying of them all is how they made Dexter so stupid this ep.
Tries to drug the dealer outside a busy bar in broad daylight; then later decides to kill the guy making the drugs in his house when he knows police are on their way...

Damien

Staff
First half was pretty slow but picked up in the second.

• Harrison going into Audrey's room with black gloves on and the razor in his back pocket... could have turned out very badly for Audrey if she wasn't so accepting of him.
  • That tub is 100% going to make an appearance for a kill with the number of times it has been mentioned. Not sure whether it'll be Harrison or Kurt who'll die there though at the other's hand.
  • Knew they'd find Iris in the caves. Is the forensic ability of Dexter even going to be much use after she's been dead for so long? Guess it showed she hadn't completely decomposed.
  • Logan is making a great Batista replacement.
  • Weird that the billionaire has completely disappeared.
  • The wrestling scene was ridiculous in that the person Harrison was up against was like twice his size. I know nothing about high school wrestling but I assume they'd be put in weight classes?

Big Andy

Bloke
First half was pretty slow but picked up in the second.

• Harrison going into Audrey's room with black gloves on and the razor in his back pocket... could have turned out very badly for Audrey if she wasn't so accepting of him.
  • That tub is 100% going to make an appearance for a kill with the number of times it has been mentioned. Not sure whether it'll be Harrison or Kurt who'll die there though at the other's hand.
  • Knew they'd find Iris in the caves. Is the forensic ability of Dexter even going to be much use after she's been dead for so long? Guess it showed she hadn't completely decomposed.
  • Logan is making a great Batista replacement.
  • Weird that the billionaire has completely disappeared.
  • The wrestling scene was ridiculous in that the person Harrison was up against was like twice his size. I know nothing about high school wrestling but I assume they'd be put in weight classes?
I'm enjoying this series, but it needs more Vince Masuka.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I love the line, I don't need Jim Lindsey, I need Dexter Morgan!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I've liked it so far, though do feel like Dexter isn't as smart as he should be at times.

I'm assuming that Harrison has to eventually find out about Dexter's hobbies, though can also see them trying to show Dexter as trying to do the opposite of Harry and guide Harrison away from his own dark passenger. Whether or not that succeeds or not will be the question. I guess by following the code, we could even get a Harrison kills Dexter/Kurt via his newly taught code as well.

I was half waiting for them to find a trove of bodies in the cave, not just Iris. As I'm intrigued about what Kurt's whole ritual actually is, as its clear he doesn't just dump the bodies after hunting them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chloe :drool:

Interesting to see how they're building Harrison up.

I wonder if he might end up getting a little out of control and....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've liked it so far, though do feel like Dexter isn't as smart as he should be at times.

I'm assuming that Harrison has to eventually find out about Dexter's hobbies, though can also see them trying to show Dexter as trying to do the opposite of Harry and guide Harrison away from his own dark passenger. Whether or not that succeeds or not will be the question. I guess by following the code, we could even get a Harrison kills Dexter/Kurt via his newly taught code as well.

I was half waiting for them to find a trove of bodies in the cave, not just Iris. As I'm intrigued about what Kurt's whole ritual actually is, as its clear he doesn't just dump the bodies after hunting them.
I think he has them on display somewhere, considering how upset he was after 'ruining' one of them. He tried to fix her face with a clay mask thing but got frustrated.

Despite its flaws I think it's been decent. Watchable and certainly better than the last 4 seasons. I think partially thanks to there being new characters who have no reason to distrust him. Angela finding out his identity straight away rather than just having 'suspicions' for about 6 episodes was a nice change. They need to keep the other characters smart, which will in turn make Dexter a smart character.

Part of the reason the last few seasons were so bad was the dumb Miami Metro police being like "Huh durr Dex what are you doing at this crime scene ahead of all the other first responders? Just passing by? Oh ok then carry on".

Damien

Staff
Great cameo by Lithgow. Last few episodes are going to be really good, I feel, with Kurt knowing Jim killed his son because of the titanium, Angela & Molly being suspicious of Dex, and Harrison's meltdown coming more to the fore.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It might be misdirection, but they are leading to look like Dexter will take a mentor role with Harrison.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Really enjoying this season, feels like a return to form and Michael C Hall just embodies the role to perfection.

Only one down side so far, the podcast girl, Christ she is beyond terrible!
Yeah I’d agree with that, she’s cringe.

Echo what others say about the season so far. Have really enjoyed it, Michael C Hall does such a great job.

Big Andy

Bloke
Hopefully this isn’t the last series. I need more Dexter. Hopefully he’ll put himself as Dexter and end up back in Miami

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
How old was Harrison when Rita died, like 18 months or so? His time spent in foster care would be far more significant to the development of his behavioural traits than an event he can't possibly remember.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How old was Harrison when Rita died, like 18 months or so? His time spent in foster care would be far more significant to the development of his behavioural traits than an event he can't possibly remember.
Yeah but then how would they be able to launch "Harrison". Coming to Showtime, Fall 2023.

Damien

Staff
Hopefully this isn’t the last series. I need more Dexter. Hopefully he’ll put himself as Dexter and end up back in Miami
If he doesn't die and there's another season, I imagine it'll be in a different state/location but maybe not Miami. From everything that has been said though they're adamant this season is the second chance at a finale.