Television Dexter | New Blood finale has now aired. Avoid the thread until you've watched it

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
My mate at work has been on about this for a few weeks and so I figured i'd download it and see what he was on about, anyhow I'm fecking hooked. Only watched a few episodes from season 1, I'm aware there is 3 seasons, are they plans for a fourth? And do the rest of the seasons carry on been as good?

francobaresi

I found this ok, a little overrated

The main guy is a good actor though

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
I found this ok, a little overrated

The main guy is a good actor though
He is, Six Feet Under was one of the greatest series ever to come out of America imo, a much watch too if you haven't seen it already.

francobaresi

I'm just about to dive into Six Feet Under, I've the first 3 series to watch

MalibuKen

Dexter Is The Best fecking Show In The History Of The World!!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Brilliant show. There's already a thread on it somewhere.

4th Season starts in August time I think.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Great show, all the seasons so far have been class

Retirantmobs

Brilliant show. Theres already a thread on it somewhere.

4th Season starts in August time I think.
Did a quick search but nothing showed up with Dexter as title well at least I saw, so thought feck it.

Just pure brilliance, I want him to be caught to see how he gets out of it but at same time don't it's a bizarre situation for me to be in as I usually don't give a shit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought all 3 Seasons were pretty equal. Saying one is worse is like saying Tevez is worse than Rooney. It's not because it's bad it's because the standard of the others is so good.

Jimmy Smits is brilliant in Season 3 though.

Retirantmobs

feck feck feck, I've just met the Ice Truck Killer. Why am I so excited by this? Arghhhhhh!

Alex

You find most things overrated and shit.
Not The Sopranos, The Wire, or Manchester United. And in fairness I think the show is decent and watchable, just not the dogs balls.

kps88

I'm up to date now. What a show. John Lithgow has joined the cast for season 4. :drool:

Biscuit1871

Really? Compared to the first and third seasons, the second was utter wank. Was nothing like as good as the first and I really feared for the future of the show. Luckily they rescued it with a brilliant third season.
Interesting. I thought the 3rd season was the poorest, but still outstanding.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 4 premieres September 27, 2009. John Lithgow has been confirmed to join the cast of Dexter for season 4. Lithgow will play Walter Simmons, an unassuming, mild-mannered suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America's most prolific and deadliest serial killers. Dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because of his proclivity to kill in threes, he relocates to Miami after being tracked by F.B.I. Special Agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine). Brought on to assist in the investigation of Miami's latest serial killer, Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) becomes fascinated with "Trinity's" unique killing methods and his ability to evade capture for almost three decades.
:drool: Can't wait.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
John Lithgow > *

Season 4 should be a cracker

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Absolutely brilliant

One's lack of guilt for always a serial killer to not get caught is ridiculously enthralling

Fantastic actors in it too apart from that drippy english actress Leila in the 2nd series - she was soo annoying poor - made me grit my teeth watching her

Michael C Hall is mesmeric as Dexter. He was, has as been mentioned, also fantastic in 6ft Under another outstanding series

Cant wait for the third series

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
i gotta say i cant stand his sister in it, but its such a great show, lots of characters from Oz in it too.
I'll bet she shags like a minx, though. Deb is hot, and her dirty mouth only increases her hotness imo. I hope she does some nude scenes next season. :drool:

Lithgow is a certified nutcase in real life as far as I can tell, I hope I don't go into it expecting too much from him.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Really? Compared to the first and third seasons, the second was utter wank. Was nothing like as good as the first and I really feared for the future of the show. Luckily they rescued it with a brilliant third season.
Can't disagree more. Third season was poor. First would never be topped but second did not disappoint in any way.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Dexter really is fecking brilliant. It's the only program I've seen that has been anywhere near the level of 24.

Michael C. Hall is, without question, a brilliant actor. However, there is a part of me that wants to see how Sylar would play Dexter. :D

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
You can never have too many Dexter threads.

Name Changed

weso26
Only started watching this after getting the first series a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely fantastic. I went and bought the second and third series on dvd and am waiting on them to arrive!