Di Marzio: Barca make bid for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Get rid of Mourinho. Pogba can be useful for us under a different manager.

Rory 7

Am I still the only one who thinks this'll end with a new Pogba contract?

Funny how the unhappiness started when Sanchez became the new high earner

We'll go through a slump. Panic sign Pogba to a new deal to keeps fans/players happy. Then Pogba too will miraculously become happy at United
A depressingly accurate assessment

Hamadovich86

Get rid of Mourinho and get rid of Pogba for a world record fee. If the player doesn't want to fight for the shirt then he can feck off.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Pogba + Raiola acting like Ronaldo does when he wants a new contract. Get a manger with better tactics and man management and Pogba plays much better for us. We don’t need to sell him, really. Howecer, if someone wants to pay 200M, then let’s do it.

MUFC OK

If someone offered us 200m for Pogba we should rip their hands off. He isn't worth the circus that he brings. Feck him and his fat agent.
I want Pogba to succeed here more than I want any sum of money that he'd be sold for. That is especially the case given how poor we are in the transfer market and given that he is still one of probably only 2 of our players who walks into any team in the world.

We aren't in a position where we can afford to lose his quality, not in this market, not without a viable replacement. his agent can get to f*ck though, and I'd love for him to drop him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it's true he wants to leave then take the highest bid and see if we can get Neves from Wolves, he looks like a great midfielder.

Member 5225

Ps all the Pogba poor form defenders: tell me more how Jose can’t coach and is messing with Pogba’s career despite central midfielders likes of Lampard, Modric et all becoming world class...

Murray3007

if he don't want to be here get rid, can have all the potential in the world but if he cant perform then there is no need for him, if he truly wants to be here he should shut his mouth and start performing. does Barca really have the money United would want for him would be my question as would easily ask for a world record fee for him.

OldSchoolManc

Dembele + Coutinho and they can have him.
It would have to be cash only as we can’t register any swaps now.
Unless Barcelona can afford £150-200 million plus a wage rise for Pogba AND Raiola’s fee, he is staying with us until at least January.
Can’t see him knuckling down either. It’s an absolute mess.

prateik

Pogba can feck off. Manager over any player.
Unfortunately for poor Paul, no one will pay what we want. He is stuck. Boo fecking hoo.

Enigma_87

You know who
It would have to be cash only as we can’t register any swaps now.
Unless Barcelona can afford £150-200 million plus a wage rise for Pogba AND Raiola’s fee, he is staying with us until at least January.
Can’t see him knuckling down either. It’s an absolute mess.
I meant next summer mate. No way we would sell him now or in the winter. I doubt we're that stupid.

OldSchoolManc

Pogba can feck off. Manager over any player.
Unfortunately for poor Paul, no one will pay what we want. He is stuck. Boo fecking hoo.
Who on the planet is going to make a 300 million outlay on a player that is inconsistent, disruptive and half assed. And comes with the Raiola baggage. Can only see PSG being half interested.

Treble

A new manager such as Zidane could change things. If Pogba is firm in his intention to leave though we are likely to accept a reasonable offer and move on.

Darlington Padgett

A new manager such as Zidane could change things. If Pogba is firm in his intention to leave though we are likely to accept a reasonable offer and move on.
Zidane couldnt get Marcelo Ramos Varane Carvajal with Casemiro in front of them to defend properly in La Liga. Imagine how many goals we will concede with him in charge with our defenders in the premier league.....

Kostov

I want Pogba to succeed here more than I want any sum of money that he'd be sold for. That is especially the case given how poor we are in the transfer market and given that he is still one of probably only 2 of our players who walks into any team in the world.

We aren't in a position where we can afford to lose his quality, not in this market, not without a viable replacement. his agent can get to f*ck though, and I'd love for him to drop him.
Which Pogba is that? The one against Leicester or the one against Brighton? The player you described in some way performs in 8 out of 10 games, the one we have hasn't shown that consistency.

el3mel

If he's not going to show this level of consistency it's useless. He's great when he decides to care and show it, but then reverts back to shite show the next game. He has went into several games thinking about showing us his skills and flicks in center of pitch rather than trying to win, and in other games show the opposite when he decides to play simply.

He hasn't shown anything to prove that we can build a team around him. It's useless to have a player who gives 8/10 performance in one game followed by 3 or 4 the next one.

Sell him for 200m, add money to the budget and use it strengthen all the areas of the pitch. We'll become a much better and more balanced team that what we're now, and we'll get rid of this circus surrounding him.

Great player, but since he moved to United he decided to become the show maker and prima donna. He was hardworker in Juve when he moved there as a kid to prove himself and makes his star rises. Once a big club paid a giga sum of money for him, his ego has risen several levels above and decides to show his useless skills more often than not. When he decides to concentrate like with France in WC, he does well, but at United he feels he's better than the rest.

I don't think Mourinho gonna stay next season, but Pogba won't be either, and it'll be the best for everyone. At Barca he'll be in the shadow of Messi so his ego will be dumped down and will probably start to play simple football, while we'll move on and hopefully get other very good player who isn't a prima donna.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Out of curiosity, if the window was still globally open and say we had a month to go until it closed, would you sell Pogba to Barcelona?

Thisistheone

Cash in on him if Barca or PSG are offering silly money. Sounds like he doesn't want to be here and while he has been here, you can count the number of excellent games he's had for us on one hand.

VanGaalyTime

Cash in on him if Barca or PSG are offering silly money. Sounds like he doesn't want to be here and while he has been here, you can count the number of excellent games he's had for us on one hand.
It would take at least 200m for United to consider selling at this point. If the bid is high, then yes, sell. If not, wait till January and sell for 150m then buy three 50m players who give a shit about wearing the shirt.

James Peril

First of all, your last point is a big lie, Pogba is often our best player on the pitch. Did you see his stats last season? A goal point every 110 minutes or so, it’s not like he plays well every 7th game to get those numbers. Secondly, what on earth would be do without him to compete? Play Fred, Matic and Pereira for the remaining 36 games with Herrera and McTominay chipping in? Good luck with that.

ravi2

Out of curiosity, if the window was still globally open and say we had a month to go until it closed, would you sell Pogba to Barcelona?
If he doesnt want to be here, Id trade him for Dembele and Rakitic.
You cant force him to play for United if he doesnt want to, and its clear at this point he and Jose dont get on.

MUFC OK

If he's not going to show this level of consistency it's useless. He's great when he decides to care and show it, but then reverts back to shite show the next game. He has went into several games thinking about showing us his skills and flicks in center of pitch rather than trying to win, and in other games show the opposite when he decides to play simply.

He hasn't shown anything to prove that we can build a team around him. It's useless to have a player who gives 8/10 performance in one game followed by 3 or 4 the next one.

Sell him for 200m, add money to the budget and use it strengthen all the areas of the pitch. We'll become a much better and more balanced team that what we're now, and we'll get rid of this circus surrounding him.

Great player, but since he moved to United he decided to become the show maker and prima donna. He was hardworker in Juve when he moved there as a kid to prove himself and makes his star rises. Once a big club paid a giga sum of money for him, his ego has risen several levels above and decides to show his useless skills more often than not. When he decides to concentrate like with France in WC, he does well, but at United he feels he's better than the rest.

I don't think Mourinho gonna stay next season, but Pogba won't be either, and it'll be the best for everyone. At Barca he'll be in the shadow of Messi so his ego will be dumped down and will probably start to play simple football, while we'll move on and hopefully get other very good player who isn't a prima donna.
I have no faith in our recruitment whatsoever. The fact remains Pogba is a top 5 or thereabouts midfielder in the world and our most gifted outfield player. We have several top quality players, we have had several more over the last 5 years who for whatever reason haven't worked out or shown their potential as they have elsewhere. At present I have no faith that if we swapped Pogba for KDB, that he would be performing consistently brilliantly for us either (and no, not because he's injured). We have to find a way to get the best out of the players we have. We can't keep chopping and changing supposedly great talents only for them all to fail. We have made Pogba captain, he isn't used to the role, now lets stick with it, stick with an XI, rather than chopping and changing after every game in which we drop points and build something.

We have had far too much rotation in our XI, our management, captains etc in recent years and we have to stick to something and persist. Play Pogba with Fred and one of Matic and Pereira, that is our midfield so lets see if it can develop. The players and team need to create a wavelength. He has himself to blame for inconsistency and has to learn how to become a captain, but its worth persisting with, especially now the window for acquisitions has shut.

Red Star One

Well I hope Barca is prepared to pay more than they did for Coutinho. With a manager different than Jose, this could be probably spend quite well.

Would be very sad to see Pogba leave, I was extremely excited when he came back and thought it's a start of a new era, but I'd rather have 110% motivated 7-8/10 player than 80% motivated 9/10 one.

el3mel

I have no faith in our recruitment whatsoever. The fact remains Pogba is a top 5 or thereabouts midfielder in the world and our most gifted outfield player. We have several top quality players, we have had several more over the last 5 years who for whatever reason haven't worked out or shown their potential as they have elsewhere. At present I have no faith that if we swapped Pogba for KDB, that he would be performing consistently brilliantly for us either (and no, not because he's injured). We have to find a way to get the best out of the players we have. We can't keep chopping and changing supposedly great talents only for them all to fail. We have made Pogba captain, he isn't used to the role, now lets stick with it, stick with an XI, rather than chopping and changing after every game in which we drop points and build something.

We have had far too much rotation in our XI, our management, captains etc in recent years and we have to stick to something and persist. Play Pogba with Fred and one of Matic and Pereira, that is our midfield so lets see if it can develop. The players and team need to create a wavelength. He has himself to blame for inconsistency and has to learn how to become a captain, but its worth persisting with, especially now the window for acquisitions has shut.
It can't be the system for Pogba's case when he plays a great game then follows it by a disaster in exactly the same lineup and formation. It's him. He said it himself he didn't have the right attitude approaching the game. That's Pogba in nutshells and he knows it himself. He approaches several of these games in lax behavior and decides it's time for shite show, showing all the useless flicks in midfield and trying crazy long balls or shots to no one. When he focuses and plays his own game, he becomes great and world class, but when he decides it's time for shite show, he becomes a bigger problem on the pitch than anyone else. Impossible to build a team around him in this way.

He's a great player on his day but it's useless when he's not performing consistently. Remember Veron when SAF brought him and defended him a lot before giving up and letting him because he was obviously not suited for him. Some times it's better to cut your losses and move on to other good players who aren't prima donna. He'll do well at Barca as I said because he'll never be the star over Messi so will have to work harder every game. Can't see it happening here all honestly according to the previous 2 years.

I agree though, that our recruitment is shambolic and doubts will be on how we'll replace anyone but that's all part of the picture, sell Pogba, get a high budget, get a good DOF, let him reassess the team and choose the best managerial options after Mourinho and the weaknesses of the team to spend the money on. Time to start acting like a football club who is planning for something, rather than a business company who wants as much marketable figures as possible.

Trizy

He wants out and I'm not fussed. He's somehow convinced the world he's world class even if he's only ever had a handful of those games for us, so I know we'll get a massive fee for him.

Only problem is, who do we buy? SMS is overrated.

Thisistheone

First of all, your last point is a big lie, Pogba is often our best player on the pitch. Did you see his stats last season? A goal point every 110 minutes or so, it’s not like he plays well every 7th game to get those numbers. Secondly, what on earth would be do without him to compete? Play Fred, Matic and Pereira for the remaining 36 games with Herrera and McTominay chipping in? Good luck with that.
We can argue about the amount of excellent games he's had for us (City away for 45 minutes) and the amount of shite games he's had for us (Brighton, Newcastle away) but do you want a player here who wants out?

Maybe if Jose goes and someone like Poch comes in, Pogba will start performing better. But how likely is that? We could just as easily appoint a new manager and Pogba continues to be unhappy. Continues to under-perform in a midfield 2 or a midfield 3. Continues to stir things up in the media, continues to admit his attitude isn't right and has an agent who attacks club icons like Paul Scholes.

De Gea is our best player, he's been through the shite of Moyes, LvG & now Mourinho, missed out on a dream move to Real Madrid cos of a fax machine, yet still he gets on with it. No drama.

I'm just pissed off with the current situation tbh. Not just Pogba, the whole bloody lot.

JDubz

Supports
Man City
Ps all the Pogba poor form defenders: tell me more how Jose can’t coach and is messing with Pogba’s career despite central midfielders likes of Lampard, Modric et all becoming world class...
Because he's not as good as he used to be? Wenger made players World Class but couldn't replicate it towards the end of his career.
Also, Modric was voted the worst signing of the season in Mourinho's last season at Madrid.

Canagel

I don't think getting rid of manager would change his stance. If he wanted to go, he simply would.
I agree with you. But maybe it can change his mind. It might be too late though. Replacing Pogba is almost impossible. I believe he has potential to be the best in the world in his position and I'll hate losing him just as he enters his prime.

MUFC OK

We can argue about the amount of excellent games he's had for us (City away for 45 minutes) and the amount of shite games he's had for us (Brighton, Newcastle away) but do you want a player here who wants out?

Maybe if Jose goes and someone like Poch comes in, Pogba will start performing better. But how likely is that? We could just as easily appoint a new manager and Pogba continues to be unhappy. Continues to under-perform in a midfield 2 or a midfield 3. Continues to stir things up in the media, continues to admit his attitude isn't right and has an agent who attacks club icons like Paul Scholes.

De Gea is our best player, he's been through the shite of Moyes, LvG & now Mourinho, missed out on a dream move to Real Madrid cos of a fax machine, yet still he gets on with it. No drama.

I'm just pissed off with the current situation tbh. Not just Pogba, the whole bloody lot.
This analogy sums it up for me, even in a game where he won the match for us, our fans take a glass half empty approach, i.e. it was only 45 mins. I'm not defending his performance against Brighton, it was poor. But there was nothing going on in front of him that game. He needs to keep it simple, but with numerous options to pass it to it becomes a lot easier to do that, now when we are chasing games he trys to force it and produce magic on his own.

I expect a big performance from him against Spurs. It would be nice for everyone to stop throwing our players, the manager etc under the bus and get behind the team. it would be nice to know exactly what elements of the club some fans are happy about if any at all. All I seem to hear is "sell Pogba, sack Mourinho".

reddevil702

Time to sell. Yes, maybe he does want to leave but so did De Gea. Not only does he come out and say his attitude wasn't right after wearing the captains armband but now this. Great player no doubt, but I'm really starting to doubt that he has the emotional intelligence to handle the pressure of being the face of the club. His value is at an all time high, United can easily double their money now. This season will probably be about not imploding and managing top 4 so that we're at least in the CL for the next manager.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I believe in any other top tier team (bayern, real, barca, juve, city) Pogba would look as good as he did for France.
United has a way of making almost any exciting attacking player look bad for the last few years.
He didn’t look like a Ballon d’Or level of player for France though. Yes, he was good and better than he has been for United but I think his performances at the World Cup are largely overblown.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My issue with Pogba is that those problems will be recurring. With Raiola as agent he will be causing trouble every two years at best and every year at worst. He’s not somebody you can rely on long term and I would probably prefer to invest effort and energy into someone who is actually likely to stick around, show loyalty and have a bit of a fight in them.

ravi2

He didn’t look like a Ballon d’Or level of player for France though. Yes, he was good and better than he has been for United but I think his performances at the World Cup are largely overblown.
I agree, but I feel he would look much better in a side that has forwards that actually make runs and where there is more movement around him.
I dont think we'll ever see the best out of Pogba as long as Jose is around.

Status
Not open for further replies.