Di Marzio: Barca make bid for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
A terrible transfer window...
An underwhelming pre season...
Manager telling players they can leave but, the board not selling them...
Pogba and Martial allegedly want out...
A squad that is nowhere near ready for a title challenge...

Bit shit this..

Devil81

Or its complete and utter bullshit because nobody in their right mind would think we'd sell our most valuable player 3 days before our window shuts? Can people try applying logic?
Difference is his agent knows the current situation with the difference in transfer windows....

Barca have three weeks, we have three days.

peridigm

This is actually a nightmare situation for United, they have till the end of August to force a move, we have until Thursday to consider our options!!!

Pogba could really cause hell for us between then and now.
Hows that? He won't be playing for a couple of weeks I'm sure. Just started back training today. I doubt Jose will throw him back into the thick of it with all this shit lingering around. We have Fred, Pereira, and Herrera to play in midfield. Probably enough for Leicester, Brighton, Spurs, and Burnley.

Art Vandelay

As much as I would like to see a thing like that happen at least once, what are the odds? I might imagine PSG doing such a thing, but they literally don't care about money.
If he starts causing issues then I really hope we do it. Take player power away. Mourinho has already shown he'll bench him if he feels like it. Stick him back in the reserves too if he causes problems. No one is bigger than the club.

He might also come out with a statement saying he wants to stay. Which is just as unlikely.

Member 5225

IF.....and I mean a huge IF Pogba's head is turned and we are resigned to accepting (an absolute monster) bid - then I'd want Savic as his replacement.

MrSingh2002

Feels abit like when we let Ronaldo leave for money and missed the opportunity to sign a Robben or Sneijder.

We don't need money so they can piss off with their cash but if we can get two top players that make us a better team then it has to be considered. Pogba isn't indispensable as high as his potential is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The key point to take away from this is that Pogba is unsettled and more than likely phishing for a move. That's a major concern with the season about to start.

Even if nothing happens this window, you can put money on this being a long dance with the Spanish clubs over the January window and into next summer where the player is off unless Mourinho has left the club.

This is a bad summer for us in so many ways. Forget about bringing players in; we're not even consolidating what we have.

walsh

Difference is his agent knows the current situation with the difference in transfer windows....

Barca have three weeks, we have three days.
I'm not sure of your point, it doesn't matter how long barca have if we can't sign a replacement. In what world are we selling him and going into the season with this squad minus Pogba? You realise we'd had to agree to sell him and its not an eventuality that will be forced on us?

United Pro

Tbf I'd take Dembele + say £30m, if we could buy Kovacic as a Pogba replacement. I don't want Pogba gone, but Dembele is a cracking talent and him along with Kovacic would improve our team overall.

Jib

Pogba was benched by McTominay and a lot of fans where happy with Mourinho's choice

So why are you angry ? It's a lot of money for a player who isn't even our best player huh :)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
€100-€150 plus Dembele, IF we turned around and successfully spent the money on SMS, would be a stroke of genius. Only way I’d be happy about Pogba leaving.
It is the stuff of fantasy, but literally the only way I could see us ever coming off close to OK out of the deal. Pogba is easily our best player and no guarantee anyone could replace him at such short notice.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
No need to worry folks! Let's not forget the Equalizer's secret weapon, Barca hasn't accounted for and which has struck before: The broken fax machine!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's never really settled back in here nor has he shown the type of performances we'd expect and which would make him an absolute must keep. If they included Dembele or anyone remotely decent in their offer, I wouldn't stand in his way.

Karappa

If Pogba is sold United's image takes a monster hit. A World Cup winner who leaves United to go to a "real big club" would tarnish United's image worldwide severly, especially if the results on the pitch are lacking... There's absolutely no way United should sell Pogba between now and Thursday... If you start to get bullied you become a feeder club sooner or later, just ask Liverpool...

Reactions: Sultan

ti vu

:lol:

So it didn't work out swapping Andre Gomez for Kante, now then turn their sight on Pogba...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pogba hasn’t really pulled up any trees since he joined United. The odd performance here and there and a lot of frustration. However, the talent is outstanding so I can understand why some of you are valuing him at WR amounts. He’s still not as valuable to us as a footballer than many are making out, though. I’m just sick of seeing such great talents like Martial and Pogba being linked away when you know they’d be brilliant if managed properly.

Morpheus 7

Funniest story of the window, there is something sneaky about Barcelona. The shady element to Barca in the transfer window is disgusting. At least you know Real are a bunch of cnuts and are open about it.

POF

Here’s a question...

What minimum offer from Barca (could be cash and / or players) would entice you to say “yes please”?
In this market, Pogba (as a marketable commodity) is worth £250-300m. He's the face of the club. That offer was disgraceful.

I do think Pogba will leave but most likely next summer. It's too late to do any deals this big so late in the window. I'm more surprised it's taken so long for the rumours to start.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
IF.....and I mean a huge IF Pogba's head is turned and we are resigned to accepting (an absolute monster) bid - then I'd want Savic as his replacement.
Savic would probably kick up the same fuss in a few years time if Real came calling. Spanish teams are scummy as feck.

Crashoutcassius

These cnuts always get their man.

If it isn't this summer, you can be sure this will be flaring up again in January and next summer he'll be gone at the latest.
No prob as long as they pay up like usual. 150m for dembele and coutinho prob means 220m at least. They aren't good at doing these deals cheap lately so beat of luck to them

YouOnlyLiveTwice

3 days to work out a deal with Lotito. Woodward will probably off himself. I think he has enough problems dealing with Levy.

fallengt

Who the feck run Barca? A 12 years old?
Absolutely cnutish club

Vagene

We can't sign anyone after Thursday, but teams outside of England can.
Going to be a nasty few weeks after Thursday if Barca up their price and Pogba wants out

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Even if they got the nod from Raiola or Pogba, why on earth would you make such a ridiculous offer few days before the window close for United? I know you start with lower ones, but not so close to the end of the window.

Makes zero sense, he won't move if they offer around 200 million this late.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If Barca really made this bid, then I don’t understand their intention.
It obviously is a laughable offer that will be declined. So why „anger“ United, if you want to deal with them. Makes no sense.

Coops73

Di Marzio doesn't usually get involved in stuff like that does he? His track record is pretty solid.
Not sure how true this is but I heard (probably on here) that this Di Marzio fella actually pays for his rather shit hot info, he may be getting sold down the river so to speak but none the less, if the lanky cnut don’t want in, feck him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.