Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Apparently he's off to Zenit.

Have a feeling that Mourinho probably wanted more control over the transfers but to get rid of a guy who was so successful at Juve is mind boggling. Recruitment at this club has been dog shit for years now, seems like that’s going to continue.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Get the feeling the gimps sorry glazers have put a restriction in recruitment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have a feeling that the job description wasn't honest.

Kearnkoff69

The internal workings of our club seem to be a right mess these days. It wasn't just the managerial appointments that we botched post-Fergie, we also failed to sort out the internal order when Gill left. Bit weird that this guy was supposed to be such a genius and now he's (possibly) leaving after only a year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Apparently he's off to Zenit.

Was that written by someone that doesn’t have English as their first language. “is prepared to leave” is a weird phrase to use in this context.

On a side note, this guy’s been here a year now. Have we signed anyone over that period of time that he could be given credit for scouting?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Was that written by someone that doesn’t have English as their first language. “is prepared to leave” is a weird phrase to use in this context.

On a side note, this guy’s been here a year now. Have we signed anyone over that period of time that he could be given credit for scouting?
The original Italian tweet used the word "pronto", which can either be translated as ready/prepared to.

Miscemayl

Not really seen his influence so that's probably why he wants to leave...

Either he's getting ignored or he's struggling to find targets based on the club's requirements

Or maybe he's getting a promotion at the new club..

Devil may care

Dalot is the kind of player he is known for targeting, he gets younger talents who are on the cusp before they become ridiculously priced, pretty much the opposite of our current manager who wants older, ready made players that don't need to be coached on to the next level.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Dalot?

crossy1686

career ending
Honestly, I was looking forward to a good pre-season and season this year but with the amount of shit that's already going on I'd say we're going to be in major trouble by Christmas.

We've got staff jumping ship after a month and a bunch of players that are looking to leave. Something has to give.

IrishRedDevil

Not really seen his influence so that's probably why he wants to leave...

Either he's getting ignored or he's struggling to find targets based on the club's requirements

Or maybe he's getting a promotion at the new club..
Perhaps he suggests wingers and the club says no, as they aren't called Gareth Bale, who can reject the club for the 5th year in a row.

Then maybe produces a list of potential CB's, and the club say no as they watched big slabhead Maguire score a header at the WC and they are horny for him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Dalot is the kind of player he is known for targeting, he gets younger talents who are on the cusp before they become ridiculously priced, pretty much the opposite of our current manager who wants older, ready made players that don't need to be coached on to the next level.
I guess so? Being Portugese, I assumed he might have been discovered due to Mourinho's contacts.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah I thought Dalot was the first sign and that we could possibly guess was to do with him, but even then it's just sort of guesswork from our point of view.

Looking at how things are at the moment, I'd think a head of scouting would still work, it's not like he's director of football, he's just finding the talent?

Red_toad

Have a feeling that Mourinho probably wanted more control over the transfers but to get rid of a guy who was so successful at Juve is mind boggling. Recruitment at this club has been dog shit for years now, seems like that’s going to continue.
So Jose wanted to get rid of guy who’s recruiting for youth teams? Go figure... maybe Jose needed to hug him or some such crap...