Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Juventus have confirmed on their website that Javier Ribalta has left the club for professional adventure elsehwere.

Di Marzio said Ribalta is moving to ManUtd where he will have a significant role in scouring and recruiting players.

Going by Di Marzio, looks like he will be DoF at ManUtd.

Juventus Football Club would like to announce that, after five years of collaboration, Scouting Manager Javier Ribalta will be departing the club to take on a new professional adventure elsewhere.

"It has been a wonderful few years here. My thanks go to all involved with the club, particulalry Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici for the faith they have shown in me since day one. I will look back on my time at Juventus with great pleasure," Ribalta commented.

Juventus wishes Javier all the very best for his next step in the game wherever it may take him
http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2017/scouting-manager-javier-ribalta-departure-.php

After five years in Turin, Javier Ribalta is leaving Juventus. The bianconeri's scouting manager will join Manchester United where he'll have a significant role in picking players: he'll be a point of reference for scouting and recruiting.
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juve...a-leaves-the-club-hell-join-manchester-united

NinjaFletch

Hopefully true, it's long overdue we get some consistency in recruiting players.

TsuWave

cool. now first order of business, make sure we get fabinho

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If true, he's going to be my favourite signing this summer. Juventus are top notch in that area and they constantly build great sides with half of our budget. Its high time we bring top professionals for the role instead of the usual manager's friends and family.

Womp

idiot
Good stuff, about time we have some consistency and an identity moving forward when it comes to transfers.

devilish

Find us a Del Piero regen you cnut.
There's some top quality players in Italy coming up. Torino are asking crazy money for Belotti but thats the exception of the rule. I fancy Bernardeschi and Berardi at United and they wont cost us a fortune. Other players we should have a look at are Atalanta's Bastoni and Melegoni and Juventus bad boy Kean.

Varun

Staff
Him being Italian should go a long way towards securing Morata.

roonster09

Scout
There's some top quality players in Italy coming up. Torino are asking crazy money for Belotti but thats the exception of the rule. I fancy Bernardeschi and Berardi at United and they wont cost us a fortune. Other players we should have a look at are Atalanta's Bastoni and Melegoni and Juventus bad boy Kean.
Raiola's client isn't it. There was some contract saga last year or before that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let's get him on redcafe. He'd be a great source.

Seriously though, we've never had a DoF have we? How does this change things?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not the first scout we've tried/signed recently, I've read about some Polish guy working for BVB that we tried to recruit but as he said he owed his career to BVB so he didn't want to move to us.

barmyarmy

We have top notch scouts from around the world. Getting gerado guzman (the Atletico madird scout) last summer and now this guy we are definitely moving in the right direction as a club.

If this is woody who is behind the revamp of our academy he surely has to be the best thing happened to our club after SAF.

Last edited:

wolvored

Him being Italian should go a long way towards securing Morata.
Hes Spanish according to the press. Personally I haven't a clue as long as he can get the quality of players Juve have signed since hes been there

roonster09

Scout
Let's get him on redcafe. He'd be a great source.

Seriously though, we've never had a DoF have we? How does this change things?
Instead of manager having to choose all the players, DoF will chose the players based on coach's request. If they are work together then fine else scenes will be ugly when DoF signs player that coach never wanted.

devilish

Raiola's client isn't it. There was some contract saga last year or before that.
yep. When Juventus started acting as cnuts towards our bid for Pogba he threatened to strip them of Kean as well. That's how good he is. He's a bit of a risky transfer. The talent is there but he's a bit of a bad boy. We can probably sign him up for a tractor or two if we want.

If you ask me, this is my list of players we should be interested in

first team level

- Bernardeschi
- Insigne

squad player level

- Berardi
- Caldara
- Gagliardini
- Locatelli
- Rugani
- Caprari
- Federico Chiesa (Enrico's son)
- Pezzella

youths

- Kean
- Melegoni
- Bastoni
- Dimarco

Zoo

What Morata said when he left Juventus last summer:

“Thanks to president Andrea Agnelli, Pavel Nedved, John Elkan, Giuseppe Marotta, Matteo Fabris and above all to Fabio Paratici and Javier Ribalta."

wolvored

We have top notch scouts from around the world. Getting gerado guzman (the Atletico madird scout) last summer and now this guy we are definitely moving in the right direction as a club.

If this is woody who is behing the revamp of our academy he surely has to be the best thing happened to our club after SAF.
His strength probably doesn't lie in convincing players to join, but as you said if he can employ others to make it happen, then I'm all for it. Just wish he would put 'football club' or even 'FC' back on the badge like he said he would 4 years ago.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Can he run Moyes' old iPad stat bunker on a cold windy night?