Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Juventus are lethal on the transfer market. Most talented young players in Italy either end up at Juventus or at Atalanta. If we can tap into that market then we'll do well.

Infra-red

Some players who joined Juve during his tenure:

Pogba, Tevez, Coman, Evra, Rugani, Morata, Khedira, Mandzukic, A.Sandro, Dybala, Caldara, Pjanic, Higuian.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
yep. When Juventus started acting as cnuts towards our bid for Pogba he threatened to strip them of Kean as well. That's how good he is. He's a bit of a risky transfer. The talent is there but he's a bit of a bad boy. We can probably sign him up for a tractor or two if we want.

If you ask me, this is my list of players we should be interested in

first team level

- Bernardeschi
- Insigne

squad player level

- Berardi
- Caldara
- Gagliardini
- Locatelli
- Rugani
- Caprari
- Federico Chiesa (Enrico's son)
- Pezzella

youths

- Kean
- Melegoni
- Bastoni
- Dimarco
Yeah i remember reading that part, Rioala threatening Juventus about Kean.

I would wait on Bernardeschi, this is his first big season so better to wait and see if this is just a purple patch or his true level. Agree on Insigne but that's never going to happen.

Surprised you said Berardi as squad player, he is very talented player isn't it? Somehow Juventus have also locked him with some future fee when they resolved co ownership.

Like you said there are lot of talented players, shame we stopped taking risks on unproven players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Juventus are lethal on the transfer market. Most talented young players in Italy either end up at Juventus or at Atalanta. If we can tap into that market then we'll do well.
What sort of impact do you think this guy will have on our transfer dealings, if any?

For me a DoF is simply a glorified scout.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't want any tucking in with guided tours all over the place and lots of handshaking, saying hello. I want this guy to start working from day one. I'm getting AWFULLY tired of only having 1 (ONE!!!) transfer deal done so far. We're in DEEP SHIT and Woodward is on his ASS. Get this circus rolling. There are other teams out there trying to get hold of players as we speak.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I don't want any tucking in with guided tours all over the place and lots of handshaking, saying hello. I want this guy to start working from day one. I'm getting AWFULLY tired of only having 1 (ONE!!!) transfer deal done so far. We're in DEEP SHIT and Woodward is on his ASS. Get this circus rolling. There are other teams out there trying to get hold of players as we speak.
Can someone please ban this guy.

devilish

Yeah i remember reading that part, Rioala threatening Juventus about Kean.

I would wait on Bernardeschi, this is his first big season so better to wait and see if this is just a purple patch or his true level. Agree on Insigne but that's never going to happen.

Surprised you said Berardi as squad player, he is very talented player isn't it? Somehow Juventus have also locked him with some future fee when they resolved co ownership.

Like you said there are lot of talented players, shame we stopped taking risks on unproven players.
I don't think anyone can afford waiting another year for Bernardeschi. Juventus, Milan and Inter are all over him. Berardi was the greatest talent in Italy until he picked a nasty injury. He's still recovering from it.

There's plenty of young talents on cheap in Italy and the new generation seem more physical then the smurf generations of the past (Giovinco, Verratti etc). Melegoni, Bastoni, Giagliardini, Berardi, Melegoni, Bernardeschi etc are all 6ft tall.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Hes Spanish according to the press. Personally I haven't a clue as long as he can get the quality of players Juve have signed since hes been there
He is Spanish, just happens to speak perfect Italian as well

It's a great signing and a big loss for Juventus

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I don't think anyone can afford waiting another year for Bernardeschi. Juventus, Milan and Inter are all over him. Berardi was the greatest talent in Italy until he picked a nasty injury. He's still recovering from it.

There's plenty of young talents on cheap in Italy and the new generation seem more physical then the smurf generations of the past (Giovinco, Verratti etc). Melegoni, Bastoni, Giagliardini, Berardi, Melegoni, Bernardeschi etc are all 6ft tall.
Such a shame that Insigne is so vertically challenged, looks brilliant.

roonster09

Scout

Yeah he is in demand player that's for sure.

Hopefully with the new Juve guy things will change.

Infra-red

Agree wholeheartedly on Bernardeschi. With the Griezmann deal dead, we should be all over him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to Juve fans on Reddit, this guy pushed for the Vidal, Dybala and Sandro transfers for Juve.

devilish

Yeah he is in demand player that's for sure.

Hopefully with the new Juve guy things will change.
In the early 90s, most Italian players succeeded in the EPL due to the fact that they were more talented than the EPL counterparts. It was like putting a United player in the Championship. Even if he might not have the characteristics to do well there, he would still do well due to the gap of talent between playing with United and playing in the Championship. In time that gap grew smaller until the EPL became better then the Serie A. The Italians didn't cared about that and developed talent according to what they need. Hence we've seen a steady decline of Italian players doing well in the EPL.

In recent years and due to the financial crisis that hit the league, the Italian clubs were pressured to develop talent that have a skillset that would serve them well even outside the Serie A. We're seeing the benefits of this change now as most young players coming through are quite tall and tough.

Juventus are the most hated team in the Serie A and in the past years they had a monopoly over the Serie A talent (ie they were the only ones who could afford paying a decent fee for local talent). Most Italian clubs hate that and would probably agree selling a player abroad for a slightly smaller fee out of spite. Hence why I am so happy we added this man in our crew. Thanks to him, we should be able to add some top quality players with the necessary skillset to do well in the EPL for cheap.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ribalta 7 doesn't quite have the ring to it that AG7 did.. but beggars can't be choosers.

Jokes aside, seems like a great appointment and a good step forward towards modernisation at the club.

izec

Heard he can play on the wing, as a second striker or as an AM. Has a lot of pace and is two footed, but needs to bulk up

el3mel

Good move. We need to revloutionalize our scouting system and that's a good step in doing so.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
If you really want the Juve scout magician, you should go for Paratici but he seems PSG bound, once his tenure in Turin ends.

Infra-red

According to Juve fans on Reddit, this guy pushed for the Vidal, Dybala and Sandro transfers for Juve.
I think Vidal signed a year before Ribalta joined Juve. I'm sure he'll have had a hand in Dybala and Sandro, though.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
There's some top quality players in Italy coming up. Torino are asking crazy money for Belotti but thats the exception of the rule. I fancy Bernardeschi and Berardi at United and they wont cost us a fortune. Other players we should have a look at are Atalanta's Bastoni and Melegoni and Juventus bad boy Kean.
That's true, those are some really interesting options that could freshen up our attack. Bernardeschi for instance, definitely would provide us with something we lack on the wings.

devilish

That's true, those are some really interesting options that could freshen up our attack. Bernardeschi for instance, definitely would provide us with something we lack on the wings. Don't think he'd cost a fortune either.
He shouldn't cost 60m if that's what you're asking. However, there's plenty of clubs circling around him at the moment. Juventus and AC Milan want him and they got the euros to buy him up. Inter is hoping they take us to the cleaners on Perisic so they can join the fray.

Castia

Seems to be a positive move, Ed's got the cash and this guy has the knowledge.

Varun

Staff
Any evidence at all that this guy will be a DoF versus just some kind of scout?
Gotta wait for us to announce the move to know the exact position but reports indicate it's quite a substantial role which would rule out him being just a scout. A DOF would be quite a big step for us though and honestly, I don't see us making it atm.

roonster09

Scout
In the early 90s, most Italian players succeeded in the EPL due to the fact that they were more talented than the EPL counterparts. It was like putting a United player in the Championship. Even if he might not have the characteristics to do well there, he would still do well due to the gap of talent between playing with United and playing in the Championship. In time that gap grew smaller until the EPL became better then the Serie A. The Italians didn't cared about that and developed talent according to what they need. Hence we've seen a steady decline of Italian players doing well in the EPL.

In recent years and due to the financial crisis that hit the league, the Italian clubs were pressured to develop talent that have a skillset that would serve them well even outside the Serie A. We're seeing the benefits of this change now as most young players coming through are quite tall and tough.

Juventus are the most hated team in the Serie A and in the past years they had a monopoly over the Serie A talent (ie they were the only ones who could afford paying a decent fee for local talent). Most Italian clubs hate that and would probably agree selling a player abroad for a slightly smaller fee out of spite. Hence why I am so happy we added this man in our crew. Thanks to him, we should be able to add some top quality players with the necessary skillset to do well in the EPL for cheap.
Yeah, Juventus have complete monopoly over Serie A, hopefully that will change with new owners at Serie A clubs and also ManUtd signing Juve's scout. Apparently Schick is very talented and they signed him too. Their squad is ridiculously strong, about time we sign few of those players.