Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Gotta wait for us to announce the move to know the exact position but reports indicate it's quite a substantial role which would rule out him being just a scout. A DOF would be quite a big step for us though and honestly, I don't see us making it atm.
Yeah, I think we might create a role between DoF and Head scout, something like having say in players transfers but Woodward doing the negotiations. I mean like not 100% control over transfers but having bigger say in player transfers.

Might be completely wrong but I don't see the reason to leave Juventus unless we create bigger position for him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah, Juventus have complete monopoly over Serie A, hopefully that will change with new owners at Serie A clubs and also ManUtd signing Juve's scout. Apparently Schick is very talented and they signed him too. Their squad is ridiculously strong, about time we sign few of those players.
And its a funny situation because everyone in Italy hates them. They are like the Tywin Lannister of the Serie A ie they are brutally effective, extremely rich and everyone ends up selling players to them despite wishing they could sell them to other clubs instead. Fiorentina, Napoli and Inter have a long history with them.

TBF the club Id wish we give a closer look at is Atalanta. They are like a youth talent generation machine at the moment

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm hoping he's here just as a scout and not director of football, really not a fan of that role.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Might be completely wrong but I don't see the reason to leave Juventus unless we create bigger position for him.
A bigger position, higher salary and a new challenge... these are professionals, after all.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
And its a funny situation because everyone in Italy hates them. They are like the Tywin Lannister of the Serie A ie they are brutally effective, extremely rich and everyone ends up selling players to them despite wishing they could sell them to other clubs instead. Fiorentina, Napoli and Inter have a long history with them.

TBF the club Id wish we give a closer look at is Atalanta. They are like a youth talent generation machine at the moment
Which is a bit unfair because they started from scratch after Calciopoli and built the most dominant position ever in Italian football in just seven years, the first one being a flop and the second kickstarted by the very casual appointment of Conte as a coach. Brutal truth is they are geniuses, all the other being flawed or parochial clowns. EDIT: and after seven years they are a top 5 european club on the pitch again while managing half the budget of their main competitors

devilish

Which is a bit unfair because they started from scratch after Calciopoli and built the most dominant position ever in Italian football in just seven years, the first one being a flop and the second kickstarted by the very casual appointment of Conte as a coach. Brutal truth is they are geniuses, all the other being flawed or parochial clowns. EDIT: and after seven years they are a top 5 european club on the pitch again while managing half the budget of their main competitors
I agree. There again, success brings jealousy. It happened to us during SAF's time too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'd imagine if he was DoF it would be announced as such. Seems more like a chief scout to me.
It isn't official yet, also Di Marzio reported "The bianconeri's scouting manager will join Manchester United where he'll have a significant role in picking players: he'll be a point of reference for scouting and recruiting." which sounds more than just chief scout.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Juventus held an interest in Fabinho, hopefully that was due to Ribalta and he can convince Jose of him too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don't want any tucking in with guided tours all over the place and lots of handshaking, saying hello. I want this guy to start working from day one. I'm getting AWFULLY tired of only having 1 (ONE!!!) transfer deal done so far. We're in DEEP SHIT and Woodward is on his ASS. Get this circus rolling. There are other teams out there trying to get hold of players as we speak.
:lol::lol:

Shark

@NotShark
I don't want any tucking in with guided tours all over the place and lots of handshaking, saying hello. I want this guy to start working from day one. I'm getting AWFULLY tired of only having 1 (ONE!!!) transfer deal done so far. We're in DEEP SHIT and Woodward is on his ASS. Get this circus rolling. There are other teams out there trying to get hold of players as we speak.
I think it's fair to say, this isn't a successful post, successful.

dove

Forgot a white text or you are simply retarded? Knowing your history, it's probably the latter.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I hope he takes a look at the potential deals for Dier, Matic and Perisic and tells the club to walk away.
I doubt this person will have much influence on Jose list this season tbh.

tomaldinho1

lol

I love how you have clarified that 1 = one for us

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So this is why we're holding on with transfers! This guy's gonna knock a few mill off Ronnie's fee

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
From a Juve fan in reddit :
I understand he played a big part in us getting Alves last summer for example. He doesn't just scout for us, he also plays a part in negotiations too (to my understanding anyway).

e.g. Last summer he was the one who found the clause in Alves contract which allowed him to move to us for free before the June 5th.

He had a big part to play in Dybala too and Vidal and Alex Sandro. He's had his misses too (Hernanes) but overall a big loss for us I think.

If United give him the responsibility he deserves (e.g. working alongside their directors and not for) then he'll do well for them.
Hopefully he can sign players in the recommended by google honeymoon duration!

Reactions: Invictus

Tiber

Interesting move, know little about him but well respected fresh blood is always welcome

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
:lol: ffs

devilish

Can you imagine Howard Nurse going to Turin?

Howard: "Have United signed that striker of yours?"
Turin: "Well they showed interest but they haven't bidded for him yet. We believe He's on standby just in case the Morata deal goes tits up"
Howard: "Idiots, Denis Law is way better then Morata!"