Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Yes, yes, foreign is best. It won't be long before Doris the tea lady is replaced by juanita the espresso senorita. That will be a great day. British is shite.
Considering the best talent almost always are from other countries than England it won't hurt to have a few of those pesky foreigners with some knowledge of the respective talent pools.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I really hope he's coming to us. Would be excellent to have someone overseeing the scouting and recruiting of players.
Would be one of our most important 'signings' this summer.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Would be good to start signing players who hit a profile. Who could go on to be amongst the very best in the world rather than getting sucked into every Barca//Real//PSG player saga who's just fishing for a new deal. This guy has a lot of success. Nothing too out of the ordinary either. They are signings a lot of people on here would have made too. The likes of dybala pogba and Vidal. I like this signing big time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ed Woodward: "hey Ribalta, welcome to Manchester United"

Ribalta: "Thank you, Mr Woodward"

Ed Woodward: "Please call me Ed"

Ribalta: "Thank you, Ed, I am very grateful for the opportu...."

Ed Woodward: "Yeah, yeah you have 1 week to get Ronaldo, Morata, Dybala, Fabinho, Mendy & Dybala signed up and in a red fecking shirt before July"

Ribalta: "Mama Mia!"
One week to clone Dybala? That's a tight schedule.

Drz

He's Spanish.
A Spanish scout, with knowledge of the Italian league. Let's see what he's learned, because the potential is there. Particularly interested if he had a hand in Juve scouting and signing a talent like Dybala. Wonder what's his history, guessing it will come up if the move materializes.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
yep. When Juventus started acting as cnuts towards our bid for Pogba he threatened to strip them of Kean as well. That's how good he is. He's a bit of a risky transfer. The talent is there but he's a bit of a bad boy. We can probably sign him up for a tractor or two if we want.

If you ask me, this is my list of players we should be interested in

first team level

- Bernardeschi
- Insigne

squad player level

- Berardi
- Caldara
- Gagliardini
- Locatelli
- Rugani
- Caprari
- Federico Chiesa (Enrico's son)
- Pezzella

youths

- Kean
- Melegoni
- Bastoni
- Dimarco
No belotti? SHAME ON YOU!

ilovethisgameahahah

A Spanish scout, with knowledge of the Italian league. Let's see what he's learned, because the potential is there. Particularly interested if he had a hand in Juve scouting and signing a talent like Dybala. Wonder what's his history, guessing it will come up if the move materializes.
His speciality is South American and more specifically Brazillian players according to a Juve fan on reddit. He also said he was the most instrumental figure in scouting and negotiating for Dybala, Sandro and Vidal.

Infra-red

His speciality is South American and more specifically Brazillian players according to a Juve fan on reddit. He also said he was the most instrumental figure in scouting and negotiating for Dybala, Sandro and Vidal.
I have seen this mentioned a few times. Someone should explain to this Juventus 'expert' on Reddit that Vidal signed for Juve in July 2011... Ribalta did not join the club until May 2012.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
United fans see "scouting manager" and of course associate this guy with a large amount of our successful signings. He's a cog. I read that he used to work under Benitez at Liverpool. Some of the crap they signed over those years...It takes a few things to fall into place to make successful signings, but with Juve we know that whoever has a particular role we look at players with a certain mentality as well as technical quality.
From the Juventuz forums. Is this true? :nervous:

Nori-

Great News.

People sometimes forget just how important the staff can be at a club. City has have been snapping up world class staff for a few years now and the fact top players are now going there out of choice rather than crazy money, is a statement to that.

We are going in the right direction. More of this please senior Jose!

Infra-red

Did he work before Torino?
Yes, but I think he was an opposition scout, in Spain and then England. When Mauro Pederzoli, (who worked as a scout at Liverpool from 2007-08) was offered the job of Torino's Sporting Director in 2008, he took Ribalta to Italy to work under him as a scout. Pederzoli again took Ribalta with him when he moved to Milan and then again to Novara. At least that's what I have been able to garner from reading a couple of pieces on him in the Italian press (via google translate).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Wasn't Ribalta at Liverpool under Benitez? There were some shocking transfers during that time.

Varun

Staff
Dybala and Sandro were obvious transfers, I remember the Caf going crazy when news of Dybala wanting to move broke out but it soon became clear he wanted to stay in Italy. Sandro again was one of the hottest LB talents at Porto.

Donut

I feel like we appoint one of these guys every few months. Nothing ever happens and this is probably just another false rumor.

Mallrat83

I don't want any tucking in with guided tours all over the place and lots of handshaking, saying hello. I want this guy to start working from day one. I'm getting AWFULLY tired of only having 1 (ONE!!!) transfer deal done so far. We're in DEEP SHIT and Woodward is on his ASS. Get this circus rolling. There are other teams out there trying to get hold of players as we speak.
I'd hardly say Woodward is on his ass. In my opinion he's been doing a good job, sure it's not perfect but he didn't work in football before united so it's a learning on the job experience for him, but he has a good business brain.
The fact we've only signed one player isn't a concern. Signing a player isn't as straight forward as going to a club and saying we want him, and handing over a bag full of cash. United will be in negotiations will different clubs and agents signing the players Jose has identified as the ones he wants. You have to remember that a number of players will still be on holiday so won't be freely available to sign contracts right now. The signings will come, just be patient.

ilovethisgameahahah

Aparently this guy was promised more resources and privileges at United, which he already had a lot of at Juve. I think he'll be Mourinho's right hand man in the transfer marker... Chief list writer and negotiator if you like. Mourinho looks uninterested and bored when asked about transfers nowadays and gives the impression he doesn't want to do too much in terms of recruitment.

Akshay

Staff
Aparently this guy was promised more resources and privileges at United, which he already had a lot of at Juve. I think he'll be Mourinho's right hand man in the transfer marker... Chief list writer and negotiator if you like. Mourinho looks uninterested and bored when asked about transfers nowadays and gives the impression he doesn't want to do too much in terms of recruitment.
I highly doubt Mourinho's behavior with the press has anything to do with his level of involvement behind the scenes.

ilovethisgameahahah

I highly doubt Mourinho's behavior with the press has anything to do with his level of involvement behind the scenes.
There were stories that our scouts were left a bit bewildered last season after Mourinho didn't speak to them, even once. Hiring a man like Ribalta suggests a move towards a more DOF based system but with Mourinho still having the last say. If i had to guess how it will work i think Mourinho will tell Ribalta a profile of player he wants and Ribalta and his scouts will do the rest.

Looks to be a move in the right direction regardless of how it will work. Having a manager do it all on the pitch and in the market is a thing that is best left in the past.

Kostur

海尔的老板
There were stories that our scouts were left a bit bewildered last season after Mourinho didn't speak to them, even once. Hiring a man like Ribalta suggests a move towards a more DOF based system but with Mourinho still having the last say. If i had to guess how it will work i think Mourinho will tell Ribalta a profile of player he wants and Ribalta and his scouts will do the rest.
That's interesting, got any article on that?

Akshay

Staff
There were also stories that Mourinho didn't trust the scout suggestions much and went with information from his own network plus research he did while unemployed. If anything, that sounds to me like someone who wants a lot of input in the transfer process not to wash his hands of it.

I highly doubt Mourinho will change from giving an extensive list of options one season to just the player profile the next. What we do need is someone who can offer a different point of view to the manager because Woodward himself can't provide one. Hopefully Ribalta gives us that.