Di Marzio / reliable for Italian league transfers / scat approach to everything in other leagues

fps

Even if these things happen, how are the players going to be up to speed with Utd's personnel and systems for the new season?

wr8_utd

:'(
Could we have a list of all the things he’s got right and wrong?

The big one he got right was Pogba.

Think he got Greizmann wrong.
I think he got Benzema, Aranutovic and Griezzman wrong and he also wasn't the first one to know about Ronaldo to Juve which you think he'd be all over.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's a bullshitter. Just copy and pastes from Kaveh and Luckhurst's twitter pages.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Boom

————-——1. De Gea
———4.Lindelof5.Maguire
2.AWB——————————-3.Shaw
——————-6.Longstaff
——7.Fernandes———-8.McTominay
——————10. Dybala
—--9.Rashford——-—-11.Martial

Chairman Woodie

Easier to take everything with a pinch of salt until any deal is confirmed. Regardless of the source (i.e. Di Marzio). Avoids needless disappointment.

gormless

I remember the year before Pogba he was a bit of a joke figure on here. He obviously had some well placed sources for the Pogba transfer and subsequently had a year where he was seen as some sort of oracle. Now he’s sort of regressed to the mean

cyberman

Even if we don't get these players, the fact we are after them should kill the Brexit FC shitfest meme that blossomed on here.

lsd

The Oracle
When you start getting threads on Di Marizo you know the transfer window cant close quick enough

Infestissumam

the news about his agent being in England for talks with United have been confirmed by Stone and Hirst, so that's one "check" for Gianluca already.

Cliche Guevara

Can we just keep this as a positive thread? I don't need to see "He said he was going to Manchester City on the 3rd May 2019" or "He's not as reliable as he once was".

Our summer has been full of bullshit so far, so lets enjoy today and lets keep this thread positive and a muppet friendly zone.
Why? Why can’t people decide how they want to react? Especially if it’s established Di Marzio is unreliable. You aren’t the OP.

He’s already fecked up saying Maguire was a done deal yesterday.

All this muppet stuff is getting a bit cringey and forced, so maybe you should head over to Reddit if you want unfiltered agreement?

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Was wondering when Di Marzio was going to wade in this summer and boy is he putting some claims out there.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why? Why can’t people decide how they want to react? Especially if it’s established Di Marzio is unreliable. You are the OP.

All this muppet stuff is getting a bit cringey and forced, so maybe you should head over to Reddit if you want unfiltered agreement?
I’ll take that as a no

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Why? Why can’t people decide how they want to react? Especially if it’s established Di Marzio is unreliable. You are the OP.

“Can’t we as a fan base just listen to things we want to and throw out toys out when it doesn’t happen.”

People would be a lot happier if they ignored nonsense like this. If we sign someone, check the United website.

Redcy

Where’s the fun in that? I want to start looking at 360 radar already

VanGaalEra

He’s obviously got the best sources as he broke the news Dybala agent was in London and it’s been confirmed by the club briefing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Future of transfer windows now I reckon since the change of the deadline day.

People always made stuff up really badly but it kind of went unnoticed at times how bad it was due to the window being open for longer and transfers being stretched out. Now I reckon most deals will be done in the last week of the window in a massive flurry.

The Kean deal is a good example of a transfer timeline though. Di Marzio stated we were interested and had opened talks two weeks ago and now it seems to be going over the line.

The short window means

1. people like Di Marzio will look better than they did already.
2. People like that sky sports bloke that talks bollocks is noticed more for talking bollocks.
3. A lot of business will be done in the last week.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Don't do this to yourselves lads. It will be very difficult to come back from this.

LARulz

Even if he is wrong, people will forget/ignore the mistakes.

People believe whatever sources that are telling them what they want to hear

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I m surprised Ole is being backed so much by our board. Not even the world class manager we had before wouldn’t get backed this much.

Not saying I don’t agree with it, but I thought our board will be more reserved in spending with Ole as our manager. Good news for fans next season though. I still believe we will just get two more additions. If we get three like Dybala, Maguire and Bruno that will be the best transfer window I ever witnessed at United.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I m surprised Ole is being backed so much by our board. Not even the world class manager we had before wouldn’t get backed this much.

Not saying I don’t agree with it, but I thought our board will be more reserved in spending with Ole as our manager. Good news for fans next season though. I still believe we will just get two more additions. If we get three like Dybala, Maguire and Bruno that will be the best transfer window I ever witnessed at United.
I think we all underestimate how much it hurt the board to suck so much last season. Our sponsors hate it. We cannot afford another mediocre season.

romufc

Martial

Rashford __ Bruno __ Dybala

Pogba __ McTominay​
We have had mata, lingard all play from the right.

What is the first things fans moan about? we don't have width, bringing Dybala in is not solving problems, it is creating more problems. This will be another Di Maria situation. A player who doesn't really want to come play for the club, being forced to come to United.

Sterling Archer

he's pretty much putting his reputation on the line. The next few days are going to be very interesting ...
Is he though? I've spent all summer zipping and unzipping to guys named after Muppets on Reddit. No worse than that for me.

He isn't really, though is he? So far we've gotten AWB and a young prospect. It's a week before the window shuts and there are conflicting reports on Bruno and Maguire being done, all related to money the club is willing to spend. The Dybala option is dumb luck falling into our laps with Juve interested in Lukaku probably because Inter can't move quick enough themselves to let Icardi go the other way.

If anything, its a complete clusterfeck and we may end up lucky rather than an orchestrated attempt to have a good window to back the manager.

Last edited:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
We have had mata, lingard all play from the right.

What is the first things fans moan about? we don't have width, bringing Dybala in is not solving problems, it is creating more problems. This will be another Di Maria situation. A player who doesn't really want to come play for the club, being forced to come to United.
Like it or not (I don't), if we sell Pogba we'll need a new shiny marketable player to fill his boots. Dybala Di Maria ticks the boxes. Or McTominay... :houllier:

romufc

Like it or not (I don't), if we sell Pogba we'll need a new shiny marketable player to fill his boots. Dybala Di Maria ticks the boxes. Or McTominay... :houllier:
I think you missed what I said. my initial post was I do not know how we can fit Pogba, Bruno and Dybala. But even if Pogba goes, how is Dybala the replacement? losing 3 CM's and signing 2 CAM's?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think you missed what I said. my initial post was I do not know how we can fit Pogba, Bruno and Dybala. But even if Pogba goes, how is Dybala the replacement? losing 3 CM's and signing 2 CAM's?
It is clear that Ole's system calls for interchangeable, fluid forwards, with the wide forwards often coming inside, and the width provided by the full backs. Dybala is left footed. Him cutting in from the right, while Wan-Bissaka overlaps, looks like a very tasty prospect. Personally, I would rather see him as a number 10 where he can really influence the game; but I was just highlight how he and Bruno could fit into the team.