Di Marzio / reliable for Italian league transfers / scat approach to everything in other leagues

IrishRedDevil

It’s not everyday we get this amount of exciting news.

He also said the Maguire deal was finalised yesterday:

‘Manchester United are very active in the last stretch of transfer window in Premier League. After reaching an agreement for Maguire yesterday, the Red Devils are one step away from closing the deal for Bruno Fernandes, the negotiation with Sporting CP is in the final stages.’

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/manchester-united-one-step-away-from-closing-bruno-fernandes-deal

He is really putting his neck on the line here. Many people are saying he isn’t as reliable as he was in the past, so this thread is just a little reminder of this day. Let’s hope it all has a positive outcome and this day is remembered as a glorious one.

Will he be a transfer God or will we hate him after all this. The good thing is we will know the answer within the next 9 days.

‘The agent of @PauDybala_JR is in England to deal with it @ManUtd : if you find the economic agreement, go ahead with the exchange with #Lukaku @juventusfc#calciomercato
@SkySport

Last edited:

Infestissumam

he's pretty much putting his reputation on the line. The next few days are going to be very interesting ...

izec

I hope it turns out to be true, otherwise i wont survive for long. I was the whole day updating threads on here.

Gopher Brown

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick.

It'll be "Man Utd pull out of deal to sign X" soon.

romufc

I cannot see how we will get Bruno and Dybala and fit them in without losing Pogba.

Tiber

The man is the human version of Kermit. God of all us lowly muppets

Castia

His rep has been all over the place this summer, part of Reddit have dropped him down to tier 3 for news.

He’s been amazing in the past though.

RedDevilRoshi

He will be hung out to dry if none of those above moves happen.

Did he not claim that we were close to signing Maguire too?

diarm

I cannot see how we will get Bruno and Dybala and fit them in without losing Pogba.
De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Dybala Bruno Martial
Rashford

Romero, Dalot, Young, Tuanzebe, Matic, Pereira, James​

Raw

Sink or swim for our good ol' buddy Di Marzio.

4/4 correct? Build a statue and worship the man.
3/4 correct? Tier 0, he can do no wrong.
2/4 correct? Eh, whatever. Still good.
1/4 correct? Untrustworthy, relegate him a few tiers.
0/4 correct? Literally worse than The Sun and indykaila.

Varun

Staff
It’s not everyday we get this amount of exciting news.

He also said the Maguire deal was finalised yesterday.

He is really putting his neck on the line here. Many people are saying he isn’t as reliable as he was in the past, so this thread is just a little reminder of this day. Let’s hope it all has a positive outcome.

Will he be a transfer God or will we hate him after all this. The good thing is we will know the answer within the next 9 days.

Translations?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He will be hung out to dry if none of those above moves happen.

Did he not claim that we were close to signing Maguire too?
Not really. If talks break down between United and Dybala for instance, that has nothing to do with him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Can we just keep this as a positive thread? I don't need to see "He said he was going to Manchester City on the 3rd May 2019" or "He's not as reliable as he once was".

Our summer has been full of bullshit so far, so lets enjoy today and lets keep this thread positive and a muppet friendly zone.

Fooza

DiMarzio: I can do things in the transfer market that other c̶l̶u̶b̶s̶ journos can only dream of. :drool:

Let's hope it all doesn't backfire...

Raw

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Dybala Bruno Martial
Rashford

Romero, Dalot, Young, Tuanzebe, Matic, Pereira, James​
Nah, he's wasted on the right.

------- McTominay
Bruno ---------- Pogba
--------- Dybala
Rashford ------ Martial

RedDevilRoshi

Not really. If talks break down between United and Dybala for instance, that has nothing to do with him.

I know it won’t have nothing to do with him but this place will have the pitchforks out regardless if we don’t get him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be fair, it's not a case of hes bullshitting if it doesnt happen. He's been the main reporter for pretty much the vast majority of football transfer news for years now, and is very well connected. Sometimes things don't pan out, sometimes the presidents of clubs say a lot of shite to raise the prices of their own players or whatever other reason, but Di Marzio himself is proven to be at the peak basically when it comes to ant transfer business.

Pretty sure his Maguire post referred to us having agreed a deal with the player himself, but working on doing it with the club (which we all know was the main sticking point). Think most people think it'll happen though, and he's been pretty consistent with what the english press have been saying as well. Feck knows what source he'd have, likely an English journo.

For Bruno Fernandes he said we moved a step closer to closing it, not necessarily that we agreed a deal with the club or the player. His source would likely be through Sampdoria, and presumably if they heard something it would mean it's close (unless the Sporting president is talking shite like Lille's president for Pepe to other clubs, which you can't really blame him for).

For Dybala, he said that Juve and United are looking into the possibility of the swap, and now his agent is in England to discuss possible terms. Still a lot of question marks whether he wants to leave Juve and if he wants to go to United or if Lukaku wants to go there (and whatever role they'd have planned for him). So this one seems to be in earlyish stages still, just probably a priority so there should be progress pretty quickly. Source obviously Juve.

Rake

He has certainly dropped down in the tier list. This is his big chance to shine, if the information is at least confirmed (not his fault if transfers fall through)

IrishRedDevil

Translations?
‘Manchester United are very active in the last stretch of transfer window in Premier League. After reaching an agreement for Maguire yesterday, the Red Devils are one step away from closing the deal for Bruno Fernandes, the negotiation with Sporting CP is in the final stages.

Bruno Fernandes is coming off a great season, he scored 31 goals to goal with 17 assists in 50 matches, this deal will also impact Sampdoria who was due 10% of his future resale when they sold him to Sporting back in 2017 for €8.5 million.’

‘Paulo Dybala’s agent is now in England to start talks about personal terms with Manchester United. Juventus are waiting to understand the final decision of Dybala about his future; he’d like to stay but Man United will try to push.’

diarm

------- McTominay
Bruno ---------- Pogba
--------- Dybala
Rashford ------ Martial
Left footed attacker who like to cut inside and his heatmap from the past two seasons suggests he prefers to play on the right side of the attacking midfield area.

I reckon he'd be well suited to the role in an interchangeable front 3 with quick players like Rashford, Martial, James and Greenwood.

Your formation works well too. I'd like to see us play something closer to the Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez trio where their position was wherever the space was while breaking.

Is Bruno going to play the Park role in that setup though? Does he have the energy levels? I know feck all about him to be honest.

Jacob

Didn't know DiMarzio had dropped in credibility. Here's hoping anyway.

I've always believed we will do significant business eventually.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Is DiMarzio still the transfer god he used to be? Iirc, he is very reliable on Italy specific news only.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, the one transfer he's stuck his neck out for so far is Maguire.

Other two are in progress.

Dybala's agent being in UK is being confirmed left and right

RedCurry

Di Marzio is only rehashing the three transfers I've been adamant that we'll make.

OleGunnar20

------- McTominay
Bruno ---------- Pogba
--------- Dybala
Rashford ------ Martial
Yup, the only way it works I think.

Despite it fitting the majority of our squad (James & Chong the only exceptions really) I think going with the diamond as our primary setup would be a mistake. We've looked great with Ole's 4-2-3-1, let's stick with that and start buying round pegs for round holes.

cyberman

Do you think Ronaldo would have moved to Juve if he knew his strike partners would be Ramsey and Lukaku?
Doesn't scream CL contenders to me.

Andy_Cole

Could we have a list of all the things he’s got right and wrong?

The big one he got right was Pogba.

Think he got Greizmann wrong.

mad1max954

United fans on Twitter are funny. Literally minutes after these posts it’s just a constant stream.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Could we have a list of all the things he’s got right and wrong?

The big one he got right was Pogba.

Think he got Greizmann wrong.
Tbf griezmann himself didn’t know he was going to change his mind at the time. Journalists can only report what they know right there and then.