Di Marzio / reliable for Italian league transfers / scat approach to everything in other leagues

Orange Tree

I don't think we will get Dybala or Bruno. Just Maguire, and Lukaku going to Inter.

Josep Dowling

What a bloody squad that would be. I’d be over the moon with that. One can hope. Let’s all pray.
See though is it? The midfield is weak defensively and two unnatural wingers. I just don’t think it would work.

The biggest issue we have had is a lack of width, in particular on the RW. I would be much happier with a natural RW, and one of Bruno Fernandes or Dybala.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not sure this is exactly putting his reputation on the line. He's been completely wrong numerous times. He's also a journalist. His reputation is to speculate on transfer rumours.The only one he's putting anything definite on is Maguire which is easy as Leicester have basically admitted we have made a bid. Even if we don't sign him it doesn't exactly destroy the credibility of the story.

This will also be about the fourth time we've signed Maguire. He's almost gunning for Wesley Schneider's record

Dante

Average bang
I don't think we will get Dybala or Bruno. Just Maguire, and Lukaku going to Inter.
Agreed.

I think it's very unlikely we'll revamp the squad to such an extant at this late stage in the window. It'd undermine a lot of the structural changes Ole has been trying to instill in preseason. It'd also run counter to his desire to have as full a squad as possible playing together from the Perth game.

I also seem to remember Solskjaer saying that he wasn't aiming to buy lots of players at the start of this window, and that United were currently only working on 1 or 2 more deals.

Sudden transfer flurries are simply not the way United (and Woodward in particular) do business. This smells like clickbait to me.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I also seem to remember Solskjaer saying that he wasn't aiming to buy lots of players at the start of this window, and that United were currently only working on 1 or 2 more deals.

Sudden transfer flurries are simply not the way United (and Woodward in particular) do business. This smells like clickbait to me.
Ole did an interview just a few days ago where he said the club is trying to get 1 or 2 more players and that number can increase if current players leave. 2 before were Maguire+Bruno, and in his own words I can see another being Dybala considering Lukaku would be on his way out as he said.

Wan-Bissaka was a transfer flurry who we got. So was Alexis.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Agreed.

I think it's very unlikely we'll revamp the squad to such an extant at this late stage in the window. It'd undermine a lot of the structural changes Ole has been trying to instill in preseason. It'd also run counter to his desire to have as full a squad as possible playing together from the Perth game.

If Lukaku leaves, we will get a replacement. 100 % sure.

Rish Sawhney

Agreed.

Agree with a lot except the bolded part. Sudden transfer flurries are exactly the way United (and Woodward in particular) do business. Remember Schneiderlin, Darmian and Schweinsteiger?

Bondi77

When I hear this name I think of him saying Fabinho was very close and Skysports had us at 1/6 to join us and it came out later we did not even express an interest in the player.

izec

Don't feel like giving him much credit for this one, I think we all knew we'd get it done eventually.
The timeline wasnt bad, we knew it would happen probably, but he said it a few days ago, not like 2 weeks ago. If the deal was done on deadline day, then that would be another thing. He obviously had more information than only knowing this would be done at some point. The amount of things he gets right from every league is astonishing, seeing as he reports stuff from initial interest/contacts to done deals

izec

Bruno next according to him isn’t it?
Think he got played on that one by his contacts/Bruno agent. I doubt Bruno looks like a goer at this point. Dybala seems our priority and then Bruno wont be coming IMO. Would be an overkill with Pogba and them two. I would rather a DM with legs if we go for a midfielder, like Partey.

mav_9me

I realize things can change, but the litmus test would be Bruno Fernandes.

El-Manos

Think he got played on that one by his contacts/Bruno agent. I doubt Bruno looks like a goer at this point. Dybala seems our priority and then Bruno wont be coming IMO. Would be an overkill with Pogba and them two. I would rather a DM with legs if we go for a midfielder, like Partey.
Agreed. We’re not signing a Dm this window though I feel.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone is saying he has claimed 4 deals.

Maguire
Bruno
Dybala

What’s the 4th?
He has claimed we are close to 3 deals. He hasn't said definitely sill sign all three. WeveW nearly completed one of them.

At least he regularly breaks news of deals happening. Others like that Simon Stone do feck except echo others sentiments in a poorly written form.

Emzreus

So I guess Di Marzio's "one step away" tweet was right again according to that Simon Stone tweet about us being confident in reaching a deal for Maguire during the week.

:drool::yawn:

United_We_Stand

I'm sure Indykayla, the Daily Star, the Metro, and the Express have also said the deal was done weeks ago. Can we upgrade them to tier 1 now? Ian Mcgarry, a known bullshitter, reported the deal was done like a month ago!

Everyone knew Maguire was a matter of when.

Di Marzio does get briefed by Italian clubs, I'm not saying he's a bullshitter, but he's definitely not as reliable as he's made out to be, especially when he tries to get a few more clicks by reporting on non-Italian clubs/players. Even when he reports on Italian football, most of his stories are rehashing of what Italian papers are saying. And worst of all, he tries to come up with a big story every now and then and ends up humiliating himself with stories like "Benzema to Milan (last summer)", "Modric is considering his future with Madrid", "Brune Fernandes to United is close", "Milan have agreed to pay 50m for Angel Correa" to name a few.

Feel free to tag me when we sign Bruno Fernandes, that's the real test.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm sure Indykayla, the Daily Star, the Metro, and the Express have also said the deal was done weeks ago. Can we upgrade them to tier 1 now? Ian Mcgarry, a known bullshitter, reported the deal was done like a month ago!

Everyone knew Maguire was a matter of when.

Di Marzio does get briefed by Italian clubs, I'm not saying he's a bullshitter, but he's definitely not as reliable as he's made out to be, especially when he tries to get a few more clicks by reporting on non-Italian clubs/players. Even when he reports on Italian football, most of his stories are rehashing of what Italian papers are saying. And worst of all, he tries to come up with a big story every now and then and ends up humiliating himself with stories like "Benzema to Milan (last summer)", "Modric is considering his future with Madrid", "Brune Fernandes to United is close", "Milan have agreed to pay 50m for Angel Correa" to name a few.

Feel free to tag me when we sign Bruno Fernandes, that's the real test.
None of the credible sources put their necks on the line for the Maguire deal. Someone with no credibility can say anything without any reprecussions so they don't count.

Tony247

Looks like every tabloid is following DM. One word out and they are completing the sentence. :lol:

SteveW

Dybala deal will kill the Fernandes deal. Hard to accommodate both really.

I expect us t try for a more defensive CM before end of window.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Di Marzio dropping bombs on your moms — feck embargoes.

Eleven-Eighteen

The multiple English journalists who have said so, such as Simon Stone. They've said a couple a times now United are getting annoyed with their name being used for the likes of Bruno and Pepe.
The fact that the club has been stating it all summer on tour, we're not interested. It's all coming from the portugese media
I haven't heard of Bruno being linked with any other club though.

Are these rumours a ploy to get him a better contract?

Rish Sawhney

I haven't heard of Bruno being linked with any other club though.

Are these rumours a ploy to get him a better contract?
No its a plot by both the player and Sporting to drive an auction for him. He wants to go do bigger things and the club want a huge transfer having just seen Benfica get insane money for Felix. Maybe his preference is United, maybe we're just being used, maybe we've expressed an interest.. nobody knows.

Eleven-Eighteen

No its a plot by both the player and Sporting to drive an auction for him. He wants to go do bigger things and the club want a huge transfer having just seen Benfica get insane money for Felix. Maybe his preference is United, maybe we're just being used, maybe we've expressed an interest.. nobody knows.
Quite the conspiracy theory you've got going on over there. If true, would be hilarious and rather absurd