Di Marzio / reliable for Italian league transfers / scat approach to everything in other leagues

Sterling Archer

Need Di Marz to drop more of dem bombs. Y'all know the best way to make that happen, right?

Beanz beanz beanz!
sorry
:rolleyes:

wr8_utd

:'(
Wish we could have a list of things he's gotten completely wrong. He's great for Italy but just erratic outside of it.

Acole9

Outstanding
He needs to go on the banned list on twitter, he's a bullshitter.

R'hllor

Fraud? Damn muppets are mad, best part this time next year same bunch will go to him to lick boots.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's either had his account hacked this summer or he was never as good as people thought he was because this summer he's been shit

tenpoless

Don't think He's that bad, still my go to transfer update source.

The nerve of some people, calling him a fraud but following Stephen Howson and Indy Kaila for transfer news.

izec

He is alright. Things change.

I think only the Bruno one in terms of United was completely off, but then again, the Portuguese are playing and fooling everyone

I Am Zlatan

I said this in the Twitter transfers thread

To be fair, has Di Marzio been wrong though (correct me if I’m wrong)? he did say we were waiting on Dybala’s answer (didn’t say Dybala said yes), and the other targets, we don’t really know what’s going on, the transfer window is still open, so there might be some truth to what he’s saying.. even though again, I think we’re done with our signings.

Why is the caf against him now? Am I missing something?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

To be fair, has Di Marzio been wrong though (correct me if I’m wrong)? he did say we were waiting on Dybala’s answer (didn’t say Dybala said yes), and the other targets, we don’t really know what’s going on, the transfer window is still open, so there might be some truth to what he’s saying.. even though again, I think we’re done with our signings.

If things don’t happen the way the muppets want it, who cares about details? FRAUD!

King_Cantona07

Hes smoking some serious stuff this summer or someone is on a serious attempt to tarnish his reputation by feeding wrong info

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He hasn’t actually got anything right this summer, other than reporting what everyone else was reporting. He’s not broken anything new (to us), that’s actually turned out to be true. Been as reliable as that reddit dude.

Classical Mechanic

They said the Bruno Fernandes deal was as good as done.

Greck

Need to stop looking at reporters' credibility in the binary. It's naive to treat them as gods for getting some reports right and is also wrong to treat him as non-credible for one or two inaccurate reports. In this particular case he was fed bad info by a good source. As far as journalism goes it's to his credit that he had those sources

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The guy is good for Italy as that's obviously where his main sources lie, but other countries can be dodgy.

Andy_Cole

Fraud based on what? I'm not a believer anyway, but I fail to see what that tweet is highlighting.
I think he's hit and miss. Clearly just gassing on Maguire, Fernandes and Llorente. He did break the Dybala story though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Rooney level decline

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was right about Maguire, right about Dybala. Looks as though he jumped the gun with Bruno, but I see no reason to disbelieve him when he says we made contact. Fraud though. :houllier:

Seven Seas Sardines

Need to stop looking at reporters' credibility in the binary. It's naive to treat them as gods for getting some reports right and is also wrong to treat him as non-credible for one or two inaccurate reports. In this particular case he was fed bad info by a good source. As far as journalism goes it's to his credit that he had those sources
Since when was any agent in Portugal a good source? Since when would it be believable that we would be in for Llorente? It's all guesswork from his team, trying to return to former glory.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Was right about Maguire, right about Dybala. Looks as though he jumped the gun with Bruno, but I see no reason to disbelieve him when he says we made contact. Fraud though. :houllier:
Transfer muppets frustration has no logic. They think these journalists control the market.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I feel this is more about Bruno than Di Marzio with you guys.

Dante

Average bang
The decline of DiMarzio is truly sad.
He's not declined. He's the same as he always was.

Any single journalist can only have a finite number of contacts: agents, marketing men, players, coaches, etc.

In order to get scoops, the journalist needs to remain on friendly terms with their contacts, but that takes time to cultivate and maintain. There are only so many brunches you can go to in a given week.

Di Marzio clearly has some very good contacts in Italy. I doubt that's changed. But like every other reporter in the world, he bullshits when he needs to, and he follows the herd when he misses out.

The guy had a string of good luck a few years ago when lots of big transfers happened in his sphere. Now the big transfers are happening outside of his network. I wouldn't be too hard on the guy, just as I wasn't too fulsome when he was getting it right.

Castia

Been absolutely shocking this summer

He was downgraded to tier 3 on reddit weeks ago, he’s started to report speculation rather than hard news.

Infra-red

They said the Bruno Fernandes deal was as good as done.
He also previously said Fernandes was on his way to City in May.

City were never even interested and forced the Portuguese press to release a statement to that effect.

He's just a mouthpiece for agents who want particular stories out there. His Llorente to United story was especially amusing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one is going to have a 100% record whilst being the first to break stories.

So he has one or two wrong. Who gives a shit, he's still more reliable than most.

red thru&thru

Well it's not his fault agents have been throwing him red herrings. Where do you think Di Marzio gets his information from?

After being burnt a little this summer, no doubt he'll re stock and make some changes before he gives out information.

Greck

Since when was any agent in Portugal a good source? Since when would it be believable that we would be in for Llorente? It's all guesswork from his team, trying to return to former glory.
Correct me if wrong. It was the player's agent who informed him right?

wr8_utd

:'(
What an amazing summer from Di Marizo.

City set to sign Bruno in May. Nope
United close to signing Bruno. Nope
United to sign Dybala. Nope
United in for Llorente. Nope
United in for Mandzukic yesterday. Nope
United in for Inaki. Nope
Was not close to being the first one to report Lukaku to Inter yesterday either.

What a summer.