Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
You can't compare both games. One is focused on role play, story and character development. The other just slaying thousands of mobs and picking up loot, so you can slay more mobs.
Looking at Diablo videos it doesn’t look like anything much more exciting than 3 was and this thread died pretty quickly.
Diablo 3 got pretty good after some years and the implementation of seasons. But the hype was over, so no one talked about it anymore. D4 is just in it's first season, I'm sure the game gets better in the future as well.

Simbo

It’s more that I’m tempted to trade in FF XVI and Jedi Survivor for Diablo as I’ve platinumed both but if BG3 is as good as people are saying then I’m happy to wait for that fix.

Looking at Diablo videos it doesn’t look like anything much more exciting than 3 was and this thread died pretty quickly.
The more I play BG3, the more angry I am I paid for D4. It might be worth a punt in a few years time when they've added a lot to it, and discounted it... Not now though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I caved and traded in FF for it (only spent about £15). It’s alright, and giving me my fix while I wait for BG3 and I’ll hold onto it. I’m surprised how well it plays on PS5. The online only is annoying at times though, had a few glitches and boss moments where I’ve almost or have died. Would have been majorly pissed if I was playing hardcore.

Bebe

Got this on sale, have to say the initial playthrough is plenty fun so far.

That being said, the always online part of this is nothing but a frustration. I've lost progress multiple times because it didn't save, the lack of a pause button is infuriating, and I don't much appreciate random strangers showing up in my game. Not to mention the game preservation nightmare. Live service is such a plague on gaming.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
The more I play BG3, the more angry I am I paid for D4. It might be worth a punt in a few years time when they've added a lot to it, and discounted it... Not now though.
Same. I actually fogot about it too.

Munkehboi

Weirdly I recently got D4 after finishing the last season of Path of Exile as I was a bit bored and enjoyed D3 for bit all those years ago. Managed about 30 hours and enjoyed it up until that point. Feel like it hasn't got the longevity of D2 (same issue I had with with D3). Shame because I love the aesthetics actually. Probably been too spoilt by the plethora of class builds of Path of Exile to enjoy this now.

Guess I'll try BG3 until Path of Exile 2 releases as not enjoying the new Path of Exiles season currently.

Fully Fledged

Got this on sale, have to say the initial playthrough is plenty fun so far.

That being said, the always online part of this is nothing but a frustration. I've lost progress multiple times because it didn't save, the lack of a pause button is infuriating, and I don't much appreciate random strangers showing up in my game. Not to mention the game preservation nightmare. Live service is such a plague on gaming.
I was just fighting the big boss at the end of Act 4 and got a phone call. Needless to say I was dead by the time that the phone call finished. 10% gear deterioration that I now have to pay to fix, 5720 gold down the drain.