Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Not sure what class to main. Always gone sorcerer in the past but fancy a change. Might go barbarian to completely change it up

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After SF6 this is another one getting great reviews. I never got into Diablo even back in the 90s/00s. This one seems as good as any to try it out.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Preordered it in PS5 and thought, wait, feck shoud I have gotten the PC version??

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I want to play, but my evil deamon children won't leave daddy alone.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
My body was ready but my pc was not. Keeps freezing, bummer.

Hamnat

Lvl 32 trying to get my mount. I think I will respec to frosty sorc.

AnotherLondonManc

My body was ready but my pc was not. Keeps freezing, bummer.
I think it's the servers. Getting a lot of lag and rubberbanding myself, which kind of sucks.

It's been responsible for a death or two.

Loving it so far though. Zipping around with rogue is way too fun

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I like it, it feels like D2, but prettier. Will there be a caf clan?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I caved and picked it up the other day, but only standard edition so no early access. I’ll be up for joining a caf clan if there is one

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'm one of the idiots who paid for the early access. I'm only up to level 15 so far playing as sorcerer but so far so good. The only negatives so far are the items and inventory. I'm getting Hogwarts Legacy vibes with the inventory limit. I'm already filling it up super quickly. I'm sure there's a way to increase the slots further down the line. Also item progression seems a copy and paste of diablo 3, see green arrow and change.

AnotherLondonManc

Also item progression seems a copy and paste of diablo 3, see green arrow and change.
Pretty much the same for all ARPGs, no?

I actually think it's a little more in depth this time around, and I find myself focusing more on how the modifiers and stat boosts affect my build, rather than just the green arrows

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Pretty much the same for all ARPGs, no?

I actually think it's a little more in depth this time around, and I find myself focusing more on how the modifiers and stat boosts affect my build, rather than just the green arrows
Yeah I'm still early days, so I'm sure it'll get better. Not really sure how I want to build my character yet, I'm just picking random spells and seeing which ones are the most fun / powerful. Seems fairly easy to reset / recalibrate as well if you need too which is good.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I'm one of the idiots who paid for the early access. I'm only up to level 15 so far playing as sorcerer but so far so good. The only negatives so far are the items and inventory. I'm getting Hogwarts Legacy vibes with the inventory limit. I'm already filling it up super quickly. I'm sure there's a way to increase the slots further down the line. Also item progression seems a copy and paste of diablo 3, see green arrow and change.
The inventory system is standard in this type of game, PoE has had it for a decade. I'm up at level 32 sorc now and generally enjoying it a lot I just find it so incredibly slow paced after PoE that it's really jarring to get used to.

Hamnat

Just now figured out how to equip my wolf puppy from beta at 38.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Nice to see they've already served up 2 nerfing patches in the 3 days of early access.

Isn't the whole point of diablo games to turn yourself into a wrecking ball and annihilate everything. It's the power fantasy thing and they're ruining it before the game even officially launches

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Switched from Barb to Sorc back to Barb nlw back to Sorc. I can't decide.

Love it so far though.

caid

Nice to see they've already served up 2 nerfing patches in the 3 days of early access.

Isn't the whole point of diablo games to turn yourself into a wrecking ball and annihilate everything. It's the power fantasy thing and they're ruining it before the game even officially launches
Heard a lot of complaints that its too easy and boring. There needs to be some friction.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

These days Blizzard make games as dumb as they can get away with and then built in repetitive grind loops that allow them to recycle content over and over, where the fun isn't the activity, but the (chance at a random) reward. Being powerful would make that an even more pointless experience.

nimic

something nice
Scout
These days Blizzard make games as dumb as they can get away with and then built in repetitive grind loops that allow them to recycle content over and over, where the fun isn't the activity, but the (chance at a random) reward. Being powerful would make that an even more pointless experience.
Isn't Diablo 2 one of the grindiest games ever?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sure, but how can you say these days they do this, when that was the defining quality of the series this game is a part of?
Because back then that was the norm, those games were actually good for their time. But games have evolved over the last 20 years, so now it's more that they are dressing up shit gameplay concepts with nice artwork and "addictive" reward structures.

AnotherLondonManc

It'll still be very possible to achieve that level of power, but balance is required.

If a couple of builds are outclassing everything else, there will be no build variety. Blizzard clearly thought that it was better to nerf a few builds, rather than buff many.

Better to get the balance sorted now, than after the official release date. The early access players were really just guinea pigs for testing

Hamnat

I'm glad they deliver legendary items you maybe missed looting in all the blood and entrails. I missed a couple now that showed up in my chest as missed loot.

In terms of balance they clearly took a nerf bat to some sorc builds. I have to put way more into barrier generation and survival type skills. I could do most of the battle ground alone but. I'll have to respec to get Malnok done. When I could easily beat it before on multiple builds sorc and druid.

Alot more careful attacking not a complaint a different strategy. Now that I'm full legendary I'm changing the effects to better suit my build.

Last edited:

Castia

Not been able to play as much as I’d like but I’ve just hit lvl 34 and really enjoying the game.

Running a chain lightning build on the sorcerer is so much fun

Hamnat

Just did a Legions event with like 10 others absolutely mad spells and axes flying everywhere. So funny everyone hopping into the invulnerability bubbles we all have popping off every other minute.

Hamnat

Some of these people that want help don't seem to grasp I am working to save them from malevolent evil. I am not UPS delivering knickknacks to their relatives 3 zones away.

Ekeke

Very laggy today (pc). Havent played much yet, but so far its simple but fine. After being told at the beginning of the D3 launch that "Diablo is the kind of game where after a few mins you find a helmet and your character doesnt matter" I'm glad that theres some character customisation, although its bare bones and some of the visuals like hair dont look good.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Finished the story just before starting my hospital trip this morning, cant wait to get home and start the end game. :)