Gaming Diablo IV (PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox S|X)

Kostur

海尔的老板
Confirmed on Blizzcon, presentation underway and will continue for the next two days. Got the first video, looks way, way darker than the shite III, definitely got D2 feeling about it. Three classes confirmed so far are barbarian, sorceress and a druid. Lilith to be the main antagonist. There's a playable demo already apparently.

Cannot fecking wait. God I loved Diablo 2.

All info thanks to https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/46540-diablo-4-unveiled-panel-summary/

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Got the first video, looks way, way darker than the shite III, definitely got D2 feeling about it. Three classes confirmed so far are barbarian, sorceress and a druid. Lilith to be the main antagonist.
3 was OK after the expansion, but still 2 was the best!

And why the feck do they always mess with the Necromancer class! :mad: Barbarian, Necromancer and Sorcereress must be default classes forever.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I only played D3. Got it on the PS4 for my son, not my usual type of game but I ended up playing it through 4 times so am revved up for this.

what was so much better about D2?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Pretty much everything. Gameplay was better, game was harder to navigate and more challenging, atmosphere was a shade darker/gothic giving the game a special feel, choices mattered big and you had to think hard and read more before committing, items were harder to get, soundtrack was better. The immersiveness of the game decreased greatly in D3.

And imo the constant online connectivity needed for D3 is a buzzkill. Bring back the offline mode.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I only played D3. Got it on the PS4 for my son, not my usual type of game but I ended up playing it through 4 times so am revved up for this.

Literally everything. The plot, immersiveness, runeword items, classes design, fecking PVP, there actually was a community in the game, something that's pretty much non-existent in D3.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pretty much everything. Gameplay was better, game was harder to navigate and more challenging, atmosphere was a shade darker/gothic giving the game a special feel, choices mattered big and you had to think hard and read more before committing, items were harder to get, soundtrack was better. The immersiveness of the game decreased greatly in D3.

And imo the constant online connectivity needed for D3 is a buzzkill. Bring back the offline mode.
Literally everything. The plot, immersiveness, runeword items, classes design, fecking PVP, there actually was a community in the game, something that's pretty much non-existent in D3.
must have been bloody good then, like I said, I loved D3 to almost obsessive levels for a a few weeks and played though again and again just to keep levelling my Monk up. Can’t wait for this new one.

Kostur

海尔的老板
  • Shared open world with 5 continuous regions
  • 5 Classes
  • Weather, day and night cycles
  • Hundreds of dungeons and legendary items
  • Inspired by occult, demonic and biblical themes
  • Campfire character select screen directly inspired by Diablo 2
  • Barbarian will have 4 weapon slots - the Arsenal system
  • Depending on the skill, the barb will pull out the appropriate weapon
  • Druid Storm and earth magic
  • Werebear, werewolf and caster forms
  • Seamless shapeshifting - start an attack in one form and mid-swing you will transform into another form. Weave between different forms as you use different skills in combat.
  • Skill trees are back
  • Runewords are back and will be detailed in the next Diablo panel
  • Open world, non-linear campaign
  • Big maps with mounts required to traverse them
  • You will see other players in towns, inspect them, look for a group etc.
  • Difficult World events that may not be soloable
  • You won't have to socialize to finish the game
  • PvP zones

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
feck. Yes.

I started with Diablo 1 (I used to be scared shitless playing it when I was a kid), I played D2 with my Dad co-op and we both sucked really bad at the game but enjoyed it. Played the shit out of Diablo 3, loved it.

Instant purchase for me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Diablo II cost me valuable sleep, up all night, school all day, up all night again with diablo, iron maiden rock in Rio on the cd player and a shit ton of junk food. Repeated for months! Class game!

I enjoyed 3 too tbh, on console aswell. Can't wait for 4 :drool:

Moby

Dick
Add my name to the people who spent silly amount of time playing Diablo 2. But that is because it is the stuff of legends. Can't wait for this!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I played a lot of Diablo II, seems like a lifetime ago. Have to say I somewhat lost my appetite for hack&slay&loot games since then. Grinding for that one piece of your epic set kills the joy of anything sooner rather than later.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can't they also make a bit more D3 content in the meatime? Still a great game to couch co op.

caid

I cant get excited for this. Im assuming it'll be a skinner box i cant put down despite hating every moment of.

Rake

I'm always in predicament regarding purchasing Diablo games... I love the story and the general gameplay but hate farming and doing dungeons... Once I finish the main story, I really have no other drive to play the game, while some of my mates just have 6-7 heroes leveled up. Can never justify purchasing it, especially upon release.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It will have nice atmosphere, but at its core it's going to be a dumb, simplistic, game and I wouldn't trust Blizzard to even get that right these days.

Having said that I actually like the simplicity of D3, you have "full" gear on the first evening of the season, then you play for the rest of the weekend and then you can drop it again. Which can be quite fun if you have people to party up and push with.

I fear D4 will essentially be the same shallow game, but slow that whole process down to a crawl.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

I also want this to be good but 2022 Blizzard is a million miles away from 1990s Blizzard. I’m expecting it to be a pretty game with a bit of a return to be the ambience and atmosphere of D1, but falling short on gameplay and mechanics.

If you combine the ambience & atmosphere of D1, the gameplay & mechanics of D2 and the budget & polish of D3, you get the perfect Diablo game.