Diallo vs Pellistri

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Traore seems to be the one who is being billed as a mega talent.

On Pellistri, I do like his dribbling style. Seems to have great balance and a burst of pace from the little you can tell based on the few clips available. Physicality doesn't seem too bad either. His issue will probably be end product as in most of the clips you see him taking on his man but few where he's getting things right in the final third. Regardless would be great if we can feature these two kids in the first team and even if they aren't polished they can make an impact by showcasing their skill which we lack a bit of in wide areas.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Pellistri just glides on the pitch. Has that retro style of dribbling. Read few articles about him and most spoke highly about him. Seems like a great character too. Mostly his future is more central according to people who have seen him play.

Diallo has more aesthetically pleasing style of dribbling and therefore looks absolutely fantastic in those videos. Looks almost Messi like with his close control.

Excited to see both in action.

jesperjaap

From clips reminds me a bit of number 10 for valencia years ago, Argentinian, not Ortega or Lopez, little guy though?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both seem to be quite talented. Diallo has a slight advantage of having moved to a foreign country already and had worked within a decent European side setup. Atalanta has one of the finest youth academies in Italy and they are quite creative. However Pellistri will be with United now so he should settle in quicker. Both have experienced country men to rely on. Pellistri will be under Cavani's wing while Amad will be under Bailly's wing.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
From clips reminds me a bit of number 10 for valencia years ago, Argentinian, not Ortega or Lopez, little guy though?
Pablo Aimar?
Pellistri reminds me of Grealish (based on a 3 min YouTube comp) I think he'll end up playing more central
Diallo looks more of a wide player to me.

jesperjaap

Pablo Aimar?
Pellistri reminds me of Grealish (based on a 3 min YouTube comp) I think he'll end up playing more central
Yes thats the one, similar frame, hair, face, movement and turn of pace twisting to the side. If he is half the player AImar was who for me was criminally under rated, be a cracking signing. ALso to me looks longer term a number 10 from the clips anyway, but currently from what I am reading anyway the end product isnt there at the moment or assists so may take time.

Although we have signed five players, I actually think this window is a shambles. No centre back is a huge error, we must surely be relying on Tuanzabe this season? I also think no proper defensive midfielder when there are so many good ones around is an error for us, expecting Matic to fade again this year. Though I like VDB I am not excited about him and I rate Cavani very very highly but am concerned about the injuries reading about. Also no established right winger.....................so I dont expect an improvement this season, in fact I wouldnt be surprised at all if we are outside the top four......................

But saying that, I think in a year or two we will look back on this as an excellent window. I have a feeling Diallo will come in and hit the ground running a bit like Ronaldo did, as in being a breath of fresh air and exciting and also frustrating but a player we watch develop in to something special. At a slower rate I think the same about Pellestri who with Diallo signed has had a bit of the limelight taken away but looks potentially just as exciting. Of course all just a hunch as know very little of either like everyone else, just have a feeling these could be two top players in the making

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've just flipped a coin, and heads said Traore....

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks.
I like the bolded part. I read an article about him that mentioned that whenever he got hacked by the opponent, he'll got up and still ask for the ball. No fear at all. Which reminds me of what Ferguson said about Ronaldo that convinced him he's gonna be a top player. He mentioned how fearless Ronaldo that even when he was kicked left right center by the opponents he still get up and try to make something happen
Aye, I thought about Cristiano's first season as I wrote that: skill, spunk and no end product. Made a point of not mentioning it as 1) Cristiano was further ahead in his development, 2) his attitude and determination to improve and succeed is unmatched

If he gets to be half the player I'll be delighted

Alemar

Surely if the plan is for them to play with the reserves first then why on earth aren't we looking to still bring in either Buendia/Sarr to play in league and FA Cup games too
Surely the plan is to play them in the first team.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Both seem to be quite talented. Diallo has a slight advantage of having moved to a foreign country already and had worked within a decent European side setup. Atalanta has one of the finest youth academies in Italy and they are quite creative. However Pellistri will be with United now so he should settle in quicker. Both have experienced country men to rely on. Pellistri will be under Cavani's wing while Amad will be under Bailly's wing.
I hope it's wasn't sarcastic :smirk:

MattyB1986

Pablo Aimar?
Based on YT clips I've watched of Pellistri, he'll eventually be a CAM, for sure, in my feelings, too.

croadyman

Based on YT clips I've watched of Pellistri, he'll eventually be a CAM, for sure, in my feelings, too.
Yeah I am definitely getting that impression too which suggests we are still looking for an established RW next summer

JPB

Diallo looks better from the small Youtube clips that I've seen. the other guy looks like he plays like Dan James.:nervous:

MattyB1986

Yeah I am definitely getting that impression too which suggests we are still looking for an established RW next summer
Yes! out of the two Diallo will be the better RF in time, with Pellestri moving centrally, along with Greenwood becoming a 9. So yeah, we'll need another RW 100%.

MrBest

I couldn't care less who is better right now, all we have for Diallo is youtube clips based on youth games and for Pellistri, a handful of games in Uruguay. I just hope that if either of them make it at United and on the RW, that they can cross because i cannot see AWB whipping in any balls.

However, based on the brief youtube clips available, Diallo excites me more because some of the stuff looks awesome. It could be the case though, and very likely, the editor cut out all the awful stuff he does. Like many have said too, Pellistri looks like he may end uo more central. Someone made a comparison to a wider version of Kaka or a young David Silva, I like this.

I'm also not sure why Dan James gets mentioned. Of course he is awful on the RW and that is because he is a left winger. Hopefully now, he can provide competition to Rashford on the left and start to show what we saw in the first few games of his United career.

ghagua

Diallo looks like a proper winger/wide attacker from the highlights. Hopefully, he can get up to speed and contribute.

gregor

Diallo looks better from the small Youtube clips that I've seen. the other guy looks like he plays like Dan James.:nervous:
Except he is nothing like James...

From videos he looks like he can beat players 1 on 1 and is quite strong for so small guy.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Nah, he looks way more comfortable with the ball and is nowhere near as fast. Nothing like James, but again this is based on a 3 min video so...

Dearg hÉireann

I've watched videos of both and I'm cautiously optimistic that both will turn out to be cracking players for us, maybe not straight away but in the next couple of years.

Diallo looks electric but it has to be remembered that he's playing against youth teams while Pellistri has lovely ball control, and is doing it against seasoned professionals in Uruguay.

Really excited about these signings, hopefully I'm not wrong.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nah, he looks way more comfortable with the ball and is nowhere near as fast. Nothing like James, but again this is based on a 3 min video so...
Couldn't agree more, he's nothing like Dan James.

Tony247

My thoughts too. But hey, it's anybody's guess until we see them play for us.

JPB

All I saw him do is kick the ball and run after it in a straight line. Sounds like James to me.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surely if the plan is for them to play with the reserves first then why on earth aren't we looking to still bring in either Buendia/Sarr to play in league and FA Cup games too
Because we can't afford them and they're not very good?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
All I saw him do is kick the ball and run after it in a straight line. Sounds like James to me.
You must have watched a different video than me, the ball is glued to his feet for a start rather than being pushed miles ahead. He doesn’t even look that quick which is all James has got, I really don’t see any resemblance beyond the fact they are small (ish) and white.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He looks about as different to Dan James as you can get, aside from being right footed and occasionally running with the ball into open space.

BR7

Amad is going to be incredible in 2-3 years time he will be on top of the world and as is I think he is the better prospect over sancho. I watched sancho destroy our youth team for city in a game and was massively impressed (to be fair I was watching the game to assess Tahith) but Amad will be even better. Him and greenwood will destroy teams. The future really can be so bright but then again we’re owned by the glazers so they will eff this up somehow. Pallistri is defo not a winger and not in the same class as Amad and won’t be. Seriously the boy Amad, I can’t wait to see him he will destroy left backs and he’s left footed. Great acquisition, really pleased. He can start straight away I think

dutchred

Not sure that this is the right thread for this. I haven't seen enough of either to have an opinion. Last nigh Calvin Stengs (AZ) came on for the last 20 minutes for Holland against Mexico. He was really impressive. Left footed plays wide right or as a 10.

BlahRules

All his touches is Serie A 2020 (only has 3 matches as a senior player):

Watching the clip dont show much to be optimistic. I am only looking as a first team player and not a youth player if anyone comes to bite my head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.