Did anyone today notice......

WireRed

Welcome to the season of Gerrard then. He's been abysmal at times and disinterested at others. Looks fed up with things. Who can blame him though? Carrying a club for years without the reward of being a league champion would be dispiriting for anyone :smirk:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Gerrard has had a poor season. The first time since when he first came through.

Torres is top class. Without him, Liverpool are a very average side.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No I wouldn't want that either.

I honestly wouldn't swap them. 2 years ago I would have chosen Torres over Berba, but I wouldn't now, he's an injury prone little bitch and I hate his attitude.

sincher

I'd swap him for Berbatov. Anyone with a brain would.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd swap him for Berbatov. Anyone with a brain would.
So would I

He is a cnut though. If he played for United or Chelsea he'd be the most hated player going, and by some distance now that Ronaldo's fecked off

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Torres is quality. He's also injury prone and a bit of a nancy boy when things don't go his way.

Reina is quality. I've said it many times before and to me he's been the Fat Spanish waiters best signing. Without him the dippers would have been out of top 4 years ago. Easily the best keeper for the last few years.

Gerrard was quality. But he's peaked and we are watching him in decline now. He'll still churn out some quality performances, but his best years are behind him now. He was amazing few years ago, but he's been carrying the team so long it's broken him. I expect him to catch the last train out of dodge at the end of the summer.
I really dont know what type of fitness regime Liverpool have. I suspect they are not as good as ours. Torres if looked after, remain injury free, will be a great striker to have.

I think he will be off in the summer if Liverpool does not invest in the 3 or 4 quality players he has suggested they bring in.

Gerrard has obviously had a falling out with rafa. I think with a team with ambition and a better manager, he can still contribute. He will leave for Europe for sure.

Liverpool's decline this season has been because of the loss of Alonso. I said before the season started that Alonso leaving will be a bigger impact on them than Ronaldo leaving us.
Think Spoony and i were talking about this.

Reina? dont know. not sure how 'tied' to rafa he is.

sincher

Oh I don't like him much, but then if I'm honest that's because he plays for Liverpool. I don't remember caring much when he was at Atletico.

sincher

One of Slabber's highlights was pointing out that Reyes is feral.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Oh I don't like him much, but then if I'm honest that's because he plays for Liverpool. I don't remember caring much when he was at Atletico.
I didn't care about him before he was at Liverpool, but mainly because I don't tend to watch Spanish footbal very much.

He's a cheating, whining git though, similar to Ronaldo. If he was at United he'd score shitloads of goals, but he'd also be ridiculed a lot more for being such a little bitch all the time.

Of course that wouldn't happen if he wasn't good enough to attract the attention in the first place

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
My arse

FFS what's wrong with you cnuts?

Yes, we would all love our club players to be the best ever.....but Torres is class, in the same bracket as Drogba as out and out strikers....why cant you see that?

Berbatov is not in the same league.
FFS can you not make a point without coming back to edit things so I have to readdress you?

Torres is a class player, I'm not denying that. But our main formation is playing with Rooney as a lone striker, so we don't have a requirement for another striker to play every match. Therefore we're talking about someone to predominately sit on the bench and to play in matches against teams lower down the league. For that requirement I don't have any desire to swap Berbatov for Torres who would, in my opinion, cause more problems that he would solve with his shite attitude and ridiculous injury problems.

And whilst we're at it, cut it with the cnuts stuff, if you wanna have a discussion then fine but if you're just going to start throwing insults then feck off.

Gillespie

Pitying all you northerners doomed to a life of cu
FFS can you not make a point without coming back to edit things so I have to readdress you?

Torres is a class player, I'm not denying that. But our main formation is playing with Rooney as a lone striker, so we don't have a requirement for another striker to play every match. Therefore we're talking about someone to predominately sit on the bench and to play in matches against teams lower down the league. For that requirement I don't have any desire to swap Berbatov for Torres who would, in my opinion, cause more problems that he would solve with his shite attitude and ridiculous injury problems.

And whilst we're at it, cut it with the cnuts stuff, if you wanna have a discussion then fine but if you're just going to start throwing insults then feck off.
Fair enough

That's your point of view

However, I would say there is no premise where Berbatov is preferable to Torres

In fact Torres is always a better option than the Bulgarian

That's my view

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't have a problem with that, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if we played 4-4-2 more regularly I'd probably agree that he'd be worth the hassle for, but if that was the case there would be others in Europe I'd have before him.

Gillespie

I've cut it with the cnut stuff as far as you are concerned, though many of you see it as a badge of honour to be called a cnut by me.....:smirk:

Gillespie

I don't have a problem with that, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if we played 4-4-2 more regularly I'd probably agree that he'd be worth the hassle for, but if that was the case there would be others in Europe I'd have before him.
Like whom?

I really can't see how you would think that

Can you not admire the quality in others should they not play for Man Utd ?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like whom?
Higuain would top the list.

I really can't see how you would think that

Can you not admire the quality in others should they not play for Man Utd ?
Of course I can, I've already acknowledged that Torres is a class player, I just think his attitude would cause issues within the club and I prefer players who play harder in the face of perceived injustice rather than spitting out their dummy and crying. People used to talk about Ronaldo being a petulant prick but when he thought things were going against him it just made him more determined to pull something special out and win the match, Torres is more likely to disappear (or kick the penalty spot!).

And just to underline the point that I can admire quality in non United players, Drogba would be on my list of players I'd take before Torres.

Gillespie

Higuain would top the list.

Of course I can, I've already acknowledged that Torres is a class player, I just think his attitude would cause issues within the club and I prefer players who play harder in the face of perceived injustice rather than spitting out their dummy and crying. People used to talk about Ronaldo being a petulant prick but when he thought things were going against him it just made him more determined to pull something special out and win the match, Torres is more likely to disappear (or kick the penalty spot!).

And just to underline the point that I can admire quality in non United players, Drogba would be on my list of players I'd take before Torres.
OK Drogba against Torres is a reasonable comparison

But I would still go for Torres

As for Higuain...I haven't seen enough of him and have no idea how he would shape up in England

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Drogba offers much more for my money.

Higuain is absolute class, I've been a fan of his for a while now and this year he's starting to get more appropriate levels of appreciation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's Madrids equal top scorer with Ronaldo so far this year, which is no mean feat.

Anyway it's kind of a moot point considering Weastes point is hypothetical.

WeasteDevil

Happy to take your word on that
Don't get me wrong, I think that he's still only 22 so plenty of time on his side, and has a lot of talent, and he's not a small lad either. He's quick, can dribble, but his positional sense if awful, and for a lad of his size, he doesn't display that in terms of strength nor stamina and willingness to work. So, he's no animal like Drogba, doesn't have the stamina of a Rooney, and he's no clever little git like Torres, and he can't finish like Villa can. So, in a list of centre forwards that you would want in your squad, he wouldn't really be at the top of your list.

Gillespie

Don't get me wrong, I think that he's still only 22 so plenty of time on his side, and has a lot of talent, and he's not a small lad either. He's quick, can dribble, but his positional sense if awful, and for a lad of his size, he doesn't display that in terms of strength nor stamina and willingness to work. So, he's no animal like Drogba, doesn't have the stamina of a Rooney, and he's no clever little git like Torres, and he can't finish like Villa can. So, in a list of centre forwards that you would want in your squad, he wouldn't really be at the top of your list.
Thanks for that

I really do rate Torres and wish we could have him at Arsenal but we just couldn't afford him