Did he really play for us?

CM

Who was the player from a lower-league team that played against us in one of the cups, was with a United as a kid, it got mentioned in the media in the build-up to the game and Fergie said he didn't remember him?

Edit: Been trying to google it with no joy, I swear this happened! :lol:
Pilkington?

Gazza

Kieran Richardson played 40 odd games for us!
He’s another youth player who kinda just hung around for a while, making his debut in 2002 and his last appearance in 2007. He scored twice on his England debut and then barely got another cap after that, iirc

Gazza

Who was the player from a lower-league team that played against us in one of the cups, was with a United as a kid, it got mentioned in the media in the build-up to the game and Fergie said he didn't remember him?

Mike Pollitt (sp?) at Wigan? Played in goal for Wigan in the league cup final in 2006, having started his career in our youth teams. Then got injured after 5 minutes of the match I believe, poor guy.

RedTiger

Half mast

Michael mifsud?

He only had a trial with us but I remember him because he flipping scored against us as well in that cup game.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

That's been driving me nuts since I first saw your post, remember thinking at the time SAF was being a bit naughty as he never forgets a name, he's famed for remembering names of all his players at all levels, their parents names, how many brothers and sister they had, where they went to School etc etc

My first thought was Ashley Westwood but that would have been too obvious after the fuss his family made when he left for Crewe.

Then Luke Steele and Jon Macken when we played Barnsley circa 2009, but with Luke it would have been obvious(and I'd remember it for that reason) because SAF signed him for the club.

Hope somebody comes up with the answer soon. :mad:

wolvored

Lee Martin scored the goal that started Fergie onto winning ways. Cant remember what happened to him.

PeteManic

Until recently I had forgotten completely about Gabriel Heinze. Saw him in an old Real Madrid video and there he was.

BR7

I’m pretty sure George Graham’s assistant manager at Arsenal, Stewart Houston played with graham at Man Utd.

BR7

William punier what a talent it did surprise me the number of players who we let go and then went on to have stellar careers. Karel Poborsky?