Terry Gibson
Alan Brazil
Wyn Davies
SuperTed MacDougall
Tommy Jackson
Alan Foggon

desperate times

Grande

I was very surprised to find out that George Graham played for United from 1972-1974.Obviously he was considered to be great manager and he won lots of trophies across different clubs,so I was surprised that very little was spoken/written about him being a former United player.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...yX1nnaAiL-rOtsOGUABP87vHHUuASxKbD9Jpi68YZZU4I

Yes, he struck me as well recently reading about him. Most known as a player for winning The Double with Arsenal, and then as a manager winning 1-0 with Arsenal for a couple of league titles. Couldn’t do it with Spurs though.

He made 44 appearences and a relegation with United, and was actually made captain by Tommy Doc who compared him to Gunter Netzer upon buying him, and saying (after selling him on) that maybe Old Trafford was too big for him. Scottish managers, ey?

Lentwood

I don't know how to insert a picture but always seems weird to me seeing Mark Bosnich in a United shirt

Still strikes me as an odd signing. Wasn't a bad goalkeeper but was hardly talked about as one of the best and just doesn't seem to fit with what SAF looks for in a player off the pitch

Nikelesh Reddy

That's because there was little to talk about.
Graham could play some decent balls through the channels to front men, but much better manager than player.
Didn't he go down with Tommy doc's side in 74?
Yeah,he was a part of the side that got relegated in 74...I guess he didn’t really make a mark at United,but he was a very successful manager for a long period of time...I”m just surprised that I never heard anyone talk about his connection to United...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

One goal against Crewe and then disappeared into the void.

Art Vandelay

I don't know how to insert a picture but always seems weird to me seeing Mark Bosnich in a United shirt

Still strikes me as an odd signing. Wasn't a bad goalkeeper but was hardly talked about as one of the best and just doesn't seem to fit with what SAF looks for in a player off the pitch
To this day I don't understand that signing.

Fingeredmouse

And that coming from someone who calls himself fingeredmouse:lol::lol::lol:
I was making a joke referencing the fact you thought Prunier was Lee Sharpe (I think) but perhaps you were yourself joking due to the two players being incredibly similar physically.
Alas, I am now for ever trapped with my filthy rodent pun name which was amusing at the time for 3 seconds and that I now regret but best to keep quiet about on the Caf or, if I'm unlucky, I'll end up with something much worse. If I had my time and again and could choose though, I'm sure I would follow your model unless of course Manuarebrill, Comoneyereds or Redevilsforever4 are already taken.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just been looking through loan players we've brought in through the years.

Going to kick off with Jeff Wealands. Made 5 appearances on loan from Birmingham in 82-83, signed permanently and made 3 further appearances the next season. Already knew about him as my dad would take me to watch Altrincham sometimes when United were away in the late 80s/early 90s and he was their goalie by then. Didn't know he was an ex-United player at first and thought it was really cool when I found out.

Now for 2 who we loaned with no first team appearances:

Andy Kellet

Andy Arnott - Literally just found out about him now. No pictures in a United shirt on google images that I could see. We loaned him from Gillingham and played him in a youth tournament in Switzerland. Sounds like he did ok according to wikipedia but we sent him back.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Who was the player from a lower-league team that played against us in one of the cups, was with a United as a kid, it got mentioned in the media in the build-up to the game and Fergie said he didn't remember him?

Edit: Been trying to google it with no joy, I swear this happened! :lol:

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah names with the photos would be great. Can’t tell who some of them are

Blake's 7

Not as famous as his son Ryan (England cricketer with over 1000 career wickets) but his dad Arnie Sidebottom played in defence for us back when we were in the old Second division in the 70s. He also played cricket professionally and even gained a solitary England Test cap.

So an England test cricketer with a Div 2 championship winners medal - surely a one off.