Did he really play for us?

Winrar

All fairly recent names that failed to make it here and disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Nick Powell
Guillermo Varela
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
James Wilson
Reece James

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
All fairly recent names that failed to make it here and disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Nick Powell
Guillermo Varela
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
James Wilson
Reece James
Reece James is a good one. Seemed like a good prospect at left back and even scored some decent goals during pre-season, including 2 in the LA Galaxy 7-0 if I remember rightly. But he was never seen again. Wasn’t that about 6 years ago?

Red Stone

Nick Powell
Guillermo Varela
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
James Wilson
Reece James
If someone had told me Cameron Borthwick-Jackson was 29 years old and retired from football three years ago I'd believe them. In reality he's 23 and still on our books.

DamoK

Henrik Larsson what a player ! Still can't believe he played a few games for us !

Winrar

If someone had told me Cameron Borthwick-Jackson was 29 years old and retired from football three years ago I'd believe them. In reality he's 23 and still on our books.
I believe his contract runs out in a month from now, actually. Yet another one bites the dust.

Cloud7

Nick Powell
Guillermo Varela
Tyler Blackett
Paddy McNair
James Wilson
Reece James
To be fair a few of these do have memories attached to them. Powell scored on his debut and looked like he might have something about him. McNair looked like he might have a future here at some point and Vangle even said he could be our RB for the next decade (how wrong that was, but still) and James Wilson was our most exciting prospect for quite a while.

There are tons more forgettable players than this lot.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Guillermo Varela
Whilst on loan with Eintracht Frankfurt he was ruled out of the DFB-Pokal final against Dortmund due to an infected tattoo.

They claimed that club doctors told the defender not to get the tattoo but he went ahead with it just five days ahead of their German cup final tie against Borussia Dortmund.
As a result, they sent him back to his parent club, Man Utd.

Fredi Bobic, a member of the board at the club, said: "This behaviour is grossly negligent and hurts the entire team Guillermo's path to harmony has ended with this action."

jem

In 10 years Ibrahimovic will be in this thread
Why would he be? It was a pretty memorable season, and it's not like Ibrahimovic is only associated with one club - it's almost a hallmark of his career to travel around the big clubs of Europe.

Buttner sticks out, the only thing I remember him doing is that mazy run to score against Wigan on his debut.

Honestly, Schneiderlin's time here feels like a fever dream. One of the most nothing footballers I've ever seen at United, watching him now at Everton I still don't know what he's good at. Wonder if the move here made him collapse mentally because he was very good for Southampton

Winrar

Whilst on loan with Eintracht Frankfurt he was ruled out of the DFB-Pokal final against Dortmund due to an infected tattoo.

They claimed that club doctors told the defender not to get the tattoo but he went ahead with it just five days ahead of their German cup final tie against Borussia Dortmund.
As a result, they sent him back to his parent club, Man Utd.

Fredi Bobic, a member of the board at the club, said: "This behaviour is grossly negligent and hurts the entire team Guillermo's path to harmony has ended with this action."
I had completely forgotten about that tattoo debacle, too.

Now plays for Copenhagen after spending a year back at his boyhood club and it's looking like he's set to have an average run of the mill career.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Buttner sticks out, the only thing I remember him doing is that mazy run to score against Wigan on his debut.

Honestly, Schneiderlin's time here feels like a fever dream. One of the most nothing footballers I've ever seen at United, watching him now at Everton I still don't know what he's good at. Wonder if the move here made him collapse mentally because he was very good for Southampton
What was he good at in Southampton?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

As much as I've done to try and blank this out.

fps

Good one. Really a bizarre signing. I know it meant a lot to him and within his own skill set and how he was deployed he never let the club down, but still, an extraordinary thing, especially with the other players United were linked with that summer.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Can’t remember many players who hit the ground running here as well as Alan Smith did. Broke his leg at Anfield and scored on his comeback in that now legendary night against Roma. His time here was nothing if not memorable. Should be nowhere near this thread.

ReddBalls

Just read that Peter Beardsley even had his own video game. It looks....interesting
I played it. I rally can't judge it, because it probably was one of the first football games I played. I think it was cool at the time, though. Football games on the Amiga actually takes me back to the the Manchester Untied Games. They were brilliant for their time, and I spent a lot of time playing them as a kid. They combined managing the club and playing the game and were really fun. In retrospect, I actually think they influenced the FIFA series a lot.

As far as I remember the first one had more emphasis on the managing part, while the second one had the advantage of playing the European cups.

Funny thing, the first game makes it seem Jurgen Klopp were in charge of progress at the time.

Last edited:

berbasloth4

We had Trevor Anderson as well, Dennis violet was another player & More recently we had Roy Carroll.
dennis violett is a legend was in crash. roy carroll prem medal fa cup medal. but david jeffery is a legend for being linfields most successful manager (im red) didnt know he was at us

Nickelodeon

Unfortunately for him, he will always be associated with the dark post Fergie days where our quality of both the players and the style was unthinkable. He always tried his best but never really should've been put in this position.

Pughnichi

I played it. I rally can't judge it, because it probably was one of the first football games I played. I think it was cool at the time, though. Football games on the Amiga actually takes me back to the the Manchester Untied Games. They were brilliant for their time, and I spent a lot of time playing them as a kid. They combined managing the club and playing the game and were really fun. In retrospect, I actually think they influenced the FIFA series a lot.

As far as I remember the first one had more emphasis on the managing part, while the second one had the advantage of playing the European cups.

Funny thing, the first game makes it seem Jurgen Klopp were in charge of progress at the time.

ahhh...ManUtd Europe. What a game that was. Looked amazing at the time and if I remember correctly you could edit you and your friends in.

Steve Bruce

dennis violett is a legend was in crash. roy carroll prem medal fa cup medal. but david jeffery is a legend for being linfields most successful manager (im red) didnt know he was at us

Hopefully our latest ex man utd player Healy can get close
Hopefully our latest ex red Healy can get close to that success. He's certainly made a good start with 2 league titles under jus belt.

poleglass red

We had Trevor Anderson as well, Dennis violet was another player & More recently we had Roy Carroll.
don't forget lindsay mckeown from linfield as well. was on our books for a couple of yrs as well.don't think he actually ever played for the first team though

Steve Bruce

don't forget lindsay mckeown from linfield as well. was on our books for a couple of yrs as well.don't think he actually ever played for the first team though
I didn't actually know that. He's another linfield legend but he was before my time.

Member 113277

Good one. Really a bizarre signing. I know it meant a lot to him and within his own skill set and how he was deployed he never let the club down, but still, an extraordinary thing, especially with the other players United were linked with that summer.
Marouane Fellaini - 2013-2019, 112 appearances, 12 goals.

Shouldn't be on this thread, but it was a happy day for me when he left, because it signalled that Ole was taking us in a better direction.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mark Bosnich in 89/90.

I knew he was here as a youngster. Didn't know until recently he'd actually played for the first team.
Yeah I was shocked to find out recently that we’d Pogba’d him. That picture makes you realise just how much extra timber he was carrying in his second spell.