Did the anfield stadium tour with about 35 scousers

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I did the Nou Camp tour a couple of weeks ago and have done Old Trafford, Wembley and Twickenham. Also escaped and wandered around Pride Park when they were doing uni graduation photos there once.

My conclusion is that stadium tours are a bit boring. They are just buildings. Nice to look at (except for when they aren't) but the connection with the history is in whether you have any personal attachment to it.

Revaulx

I hate then from the noughties, Gerrard, Suarez, Torres, carra. Those games were incredible at times, so tense so consistently.

I found OP interesting when he was saying it brought back a lot of the jealousy and hate he had in the 80s
I didn’t grow up hating Liverpool; that was always Leeds. Liverpool’s run only really started with their league win in 1976, which was just as I was leaving school. The next 15 years were unbearable, but I got over that pretty quickly thanks to the wonderful way that United turned into a juggernaut just as the wheels had fallen off Liverpool’s.

My dislike of Liverpool these days, over and above the usual local rivalry, stems from the whiff of sanctimony that pervades the club and the nauseating fawning over them by the press. Not really from a dislike of the place or the people.

TheReligion

Abusive
Haven’t been in the stadium except for a match but have driven past it and the area around. Proper rough area, lock your doors at red lights.
It's a shit hole yes. That said the club are to blame for as they have acted terribly within the local community, driving out local residents and businesses for their own gain and adding nothing else. Total contrast to what City have done.

crossy1686

career ending
I went to Maine Road once to watch City play Oldham with my grandad (who's a City fan). Just felt completely wrong, felt like I was a spy behind enemy lines, just waiting to be outed. God know's how going on a tour would have felt.

CallyRed

My missus is a Liverpool fan, and really wants to go to a Liverpool game. I just can't bring myself to purchase the tickets.

To be fair, she has come to many United games with me, and I regularly point and shout at her "You Scouse bastad" so maybe it's time I return the favour.

RedNed77

My missus is a Liverpool fan, and really wants to go to a Liverpool game. I just can't bring myself to purchase the tickets.

To be fair, she has come to many United games with me, and I regularly point and shout at her "You Scouse bastad" so maybe it's time I return the favour.
Husband of the year award is in the bag. Niiice:lol:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Well, your post deliberately erases the 2000-2017 era: 1 champions league + 2 runners-up, other (minor) silvelware, several 2nd place years, Gerrard, Owen, Suárez, now Klopp...

The original post wants to make us believe that the scouse became a midtable team after 1990 and never won shit and never played in Europe again after that, and their stadium is always half-empty.

Rivalry is good, manipulation ain't.

Btw, I plan on making a visit to Liverpool-Anfield with my 92-93 Man Utd. shirt under my jacket this October.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well, your post deliberately erases the 2000-2017 era: 1 champions league + 2 runners-up, other (minor) silvelware, several 2nd place years, Gerrard, Owen, Suárez, now Klopp...

The original post wants to make us believe that the scouse became a midtable team after 1990 and never won shit and never played in Europe again after that, and their stadium is always half-empty.

Rivalry is good, manipulation ain't.

Btw, I plan on making a visit to Liverpool-Anfield with my 92-93 Man Utd. shirt under my jacket this October.
You'll be ok wearing it out of your jacket. The only LFC fans around Anfield are Norwegian.

Irrational.

This means you've contributed to their wage bill/transfer kitty. :nono:

If they win anything I'm blaming you for financially supporting them. Your £20 might have been the difference.
But the goodie bag you get as part of the tour is worth £7.50, which leaves him with a net spend of £12.50. So maybe he's not as culpable as first thought.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, your post deliberately erases the 2000-2017 era: 1 champions league + 2 runners-up, other (minor) silvelware, several 2nd place years...
In other words, one major trophy, the era.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
:lol:

I think it was an attempt to re-connect with footballing childhood torment, while also smugly watching the current generation of liverpool fans experiencing the same pain. Quite morbid really.
If you were a Liverpool supporter (heaven forbid) what would you have made of the OT stadium tour.

Reson I ask is that a number of posts refer to the stadium looking tired and in need of update.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I've walked past Old Trafford a few times but never felt the urge to go look at your trophies and listen to all your success stories being told to be honest, and I absolutely can't be bothered to make my way to the Etihad.

Stadium tours are quite boring in general - the Arsenal one did feck all for me. I only remember my first one at Benfica which was a great experience. The Anfield one is boring as well, although I liked the museum (and current Steven Gerrard collection) at the end.

Gazza

I would go more on stadium tours of older stadiums than the new ones. For example the Emirates is kinda meh but doing the tour at Highbury back in the day was an experience.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Visiting a football club museum is already a bit boring generally, but visiting a rival's museum is a whole new level :eek:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Scary thing is, could people be talking about us in this way in 25 years time? We’ve gone five years without a title already and we’re not looking like winning one anytime soon :(

P.S. I don’t think I could have done that.

FujiVice

Someone threw a pie at Lukaku on Saturday. Hope we saved it for next years museum tour.

Sweet Square

Visiting a football club museum is already a bit boring generally, but visiting a rival's museum is a whole new level :eek:

My brothers are huge Liverpool fans(Their only 11, 13)and someone had to bring them to a tour and a match. All I say is that someone actually found the tour rather interesting.

:nervous::nervous::nervous:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I played footy in Stanley Park and stood outside the gates but never had any desire to go on a tour. of Anfield I can barely stomach doing the Arsenal one yet alone a rival. It felt weird doing Ashburton Grove when all my memories were of Highbury.
Do Camp Nou!

klsv

Was in Manchester with my sister for the first time back in April. She's not into football too much but was willing to do the Old Trafford tour with me. Goes without saying the sight of the stadium from outside alone was amazing for me after watching it on TV for over 20 years, enjoyed the tour a lot. Anyway, we arrived at the reception of the museum a bit early, at the time the Europa League trophy was on display and these two reception ladies told us we can take a photo with it. As cringeworthy as it seemed, we thought we should do it since we're there anyway. So we stood behind the trophy together with my sister like nerds and the ladies asked if we wanted to hold a scarf or a shirt for the photo as well. So my sister replied "nah I'm fine with this little baby", leaned over and gave the trophy a proper hug! The looks on the faces of the reception ladies went from friendly to gerrard-after-letting-it-slip very fast, one just managed to say "well actually..." and I removed my sister from the trophy :lol: Not exactly a white-glove-handling expected when touching the trophy.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I did the tour this past Sunday. It was ok. Lady at the reception was kind and gorgeous. The old guy that checked out the bags constantly made jokes about Man. Utd ("please, smile, this is not Old Trafford!") and Everton. In fact, all the staff there seemed a bit obsessed: "Are you foreign? Do you support Everton? If so, this is not Goodison Park!" "Uh..okay??" (who the heck would support Everton other than the locals, anyway).
Anfield may look small and old-fashioned, but on the pitch it looks a lot bigger. The security guard on the pitch was talking about Mourinho ("dead-end manager", his words).
The museum was a bit disappointing. They constantly remind you about the 5 European Cups, but they hide the old Leagues (perhaps out of shame because they have yet to win the Premier?).
They refuse to stop talking about old (and not that well-known outside Liverpool/the UK) dinosaurs like Souness, Dalglish, Rush, etc. but they are smart enough to adress Carragher, Reina, Dudek, Hyppia, Fowler, Gerrard, Owen and Suárez as current heroes (despite the fact that none of the above won the Premier). But the part when I read that Steven Gerrard "was, perhaps, the greatest English footballer of all time" made me laugh.

I took a lot of pics proudly displaying the '90s Man.Utd shirt but I can't post them.

Member 39557

I did the tour this past Sunday. It was ok. Lady at the reception was kind and gorgeous. The old guy that checked out the bags constantly made jokes about Man. Utd ("please, smile, this is not Old Trafford!") and Everton. In fact, all the staff there seemed a bit obsessed: "Are you foreign? Do you support Everton? If so, this is not Goodison Park!" "Uh..okay??" (who the heck would support Everton other than the locals, anyway).
Anfield may look small and old-fashioned, but on the pitch it looks a lot bigger. The security guard on the pitch was talking about Mourinho ("dead-end manager", his words).
The museum was a bit disappointing. They constantly remind you about the 5 European Cups, but they hide the old Leagues (perhaps out of shame because they have yet to win the Premier?).
They refuse to stop talking about old (and not that well-known outside Liverpool/the UK) dinosaurs like Souness, Dalglish, Rush, etc. but they are smart enough to adress Carragher, Reina, Dudek, Hyppia, Fowler, Gerrard, Owen and Suárez as current heroes (despite the fact that none of the above won the Premier). But the part when I read that Steven Gerrard "was, perhaps, the greatest English footballer of all time" made me laugh.

I took a lot of pics proudly displaying the '90s Man.Utd shirt but I can't post them.
imgur. Get to it!