Did UEFA botch the last 16 draw? - yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Not saying it's rigged, but why couldn't we draw Atletico?

SonyaCross493

I'm fuming. The draw is rigged same with the FA cup the hardest possible tie against Aston Villa where other teams get lower league ties!! Done with football. ManUtd needed a Sporting or easier tie for confidence! Why isn't there an investigation!? Every year this happens with United.. statistically can't be chance every year getting the most difficult draws for tv and media pleasure..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
They f'd up. United probably won't challenge it but I'm pretty sure if they did they'd have to repeat the draw.

Raw

They're obviously rigging it for that Ronaldo v Messi showdown, could be one of the last opportunities to have one. Clearly someone fumbled it.

Chief123

We could get Atletico.

We just couldn't get Villareal which is who we were drawn with. So they had to do the ball again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not saying this is the truth, but you're 100% not lying, and that's a fact.

SER19

You shouldn't be able to call a random draw accurately before if even starts

Matriac

Do we know for sure that we weren't in the bowl for the Atleti draw? I know he said Manchester United were not eligble, but it's possible that he meant to say City and didn't correct himself.

SER19

We could get Atletico.

We just couldn't get Villareal which is who we were drawn with. So they had to do the ball again.
Guy running draw said to exclude Liverpool and man United from atletico pot. He meant city and he fecked up

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The club should push for it to be drawn again. We weren't given a fair opportunity to draw all the teams we could possibly face.

They completely fecked up. It's a joke and they're just carrying on like it was nothing.

Okey

I'm waiting to hear if there's a fall out. That draw needs to be repeated by the letter of the law. Looks like they nearly botched even the fix, and got confused. But they got there in the end.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm fuming. The draw is rigged same with the FA cup the hardest possible tie against Aston Villa where other teams get lower league ties!! Done with football. ManUtd needed a Sporting or easier tie for confidence! Why isn't there an investigation!? Every year this happens with United.. statistically can't be chance every year getting the most difficult draws for tv and media pleasure..
In this thread too? You're so funny and witty.

tomaldinho1

Sadly this is what sports has become. Ronaldo vs Messi is about to end so they want to milk it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I've love if someone could inspect those balls for little nubs you can feel in the bowl.

Skills

Snitch
Why is there a national restriction in the last 16 anyway?

Overcomplicated nonsense

Njord

There's replays on Norwegian TV of when they picked the balls for the Atletico draw, and you can see clearly that they didn't include United.

Should be a re-draw.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
How would they have rigged this when the cameras were filming every move? Having said that I’m shocked we got PSG again

SER19

I couldn't believe they carried on i was just waiting for him to apologise and start again, they just bundled on and got even worse. It simply wasn't the statistical draw it should have been

Siorac

Why is there a national restriction in the last 16 anyway?

Overcomplicated nonsense
Agreed, I'd gladly do away with it. The biggest leagues protect their own though and UEFA follows the money.

SER19

How would they have rigged this when the cameras were filming every move? Having said that I’m shocked we got PSG again
Weighted balls, temperature balls. Very simple really

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They'll have to do it again, I think.

If not, I wouldn't recommend we make a big deal out of it though. Not sure it sends a great message to our players about our confidence.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There's replays on Norwegian TV of when they picked the balls for the Atletico draw, and you can see clearly that they didn't include United.

Should be a re-draw.
That baffled me too. Was this after our pairing with Villarreal when we were taken out of the bowl?

Telsim

This is 100% rigged and has to be protested and redrawn. First we get put in the Villarreal pot, get drawn, obviously void, then we don't get put in the Atletico pot? Unacceptable and completely unfair.

Woodzy

Glad the media are on to it, puts some pressure on at least. We would obviously have to play a good team eventually but having an easier game in the last 16 at least allows us to build some momentum.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The bloke said United instead of City - might have confused the ball groper

Baxter

It’s surely just incompetence but I can’t believe they just continued :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Journalists need to be all over this. I can see it just being brushed under the carpet.

I think it's a genuine mistake and not rigged but they have to re-do it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.