Did UEFA botch the last 16 draw? - yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazTheLegend

Not saying it's rigged, but why couldn't we draw Atletico?
Its rigged, Platini, Blatter etc have all said it's been done before, that they literally rigged the draws for Real Madrid in the past, and indeed for the world cup in 1998 (where they had Brazil and France avoid each other until the final).

Total and utter horseshit and the draw should be done again (as it turned out to be literally impossible for us to draw atletico which is nonsense) but won't be, UEFA get their Ronaldo Vs Messi game. They are laughing at us.

Nick7

Since when is Villa better for TV than a game between two of the big six?
Most of the bigger clubs being in the latter rounds is even better than two big sides meeting in the 3rd round to be fair.

PoTMS

It looks bad on the club if we protest this though. Looks like we're scared of playing PSG, despite it being the right call to do a redraw.
Who gives a feck what it looks like, I'd be pissed if we didn't. Why should we draw PSG when Liverpool get Salzburg?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It looks bad on the club if we protest this though. Looks like we're scared of playing PSG, despite it being the right call to do a redraw.
I dont think there will be any image concern. They are quite literally rigging a draw which makes format unfair.

Chief123

If we’d have draw Lille would you all be clamouring for a redraw?
That's not really the way to look at it though is it.

It questions the whole integrity of it. If we did get Lille, we wouldn't be complaining no. But another set of teams would be complaining. It's not asking much to get it right and be fair is it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Atletico’s fans aren’t happy either as they are retweeting my tweets in Spanish saying that “the whole world saw”. Obviously this hasn’t gone done well in Spain too.

OmarUnited4ever

an aggressive team like A.Madrid would too tough for us, maybe we can get something from playing vs PSG, by Feb2022, I'm hoping Varane & Cavani will be fit and firing on all cylinders, and their experience alongside Ronaldo's might help us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you're going to rig a draw, you don't need to do it in such a way that it generates this open discussion:

It's pretty obviously a legit error.

Nick7

No it doesn’t. Everyone saw the obvious feck up from UEFA.

SER19

Atletico’s fans aren’t happy either as they are retweeting my tweets in Spanish saying that “the whole world saw”. Obviously this hasn’t gone done well in Spain too.
Well their odds of drawing bayern increased because of the mistake

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If we’d have draw Lille would you all be clamouring for a redraw?
I called it out as soon as I saw we'd been put in the Villareal draw. The integrity of it is fecked from then on.

PoTMS

I'd be surprised if Atletico are happy with this either. They could've faced us but they have to face Bayern instead.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I dont think there will be any image concern. They are quite literally rigging a draw which makes format unfair.
It was obviously a mistake and not an attempt to rig a draw which would make zero sense in doing it this way. I mean they could of course rig specific teams with the heated balls example but it would never be done like this.

Supports
Barcelona
Atletico should lodge a protest. No one would mock them for not wanting to face Bayern!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This is the first time I’ve had my life’s work translated for a global audience:

Teja

Rigged AF.

Same as F1, knew they had a captive audience thanks to drive to survive and had to cook up that final lap BS.

Dominos

We should flat out refuse to accept this draw. It's likely an honest mistake but it needs to be done properly.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
not surprised, we’re basically a bye into the quarters.

Sviken

It's not a bad draw for us, but my God... the riggng. Couldn't make it anymore obvious if they tried.

not surprised, we’re basically a bye into the quarters.
Atletico are shit. We should smash them easy, especially if our play improves.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I always rig my draws in the most publicised manner that leads to total outrage and questions from clubs and the media alike pushing for a complete redraw that almost guarantees my initial rigging can't go ahead.

diarm

Are the dates for individual games known when the draw is made? If so, fans across Europe will be after booking flights/hotels already.

What a colossal feckup.

saivet

The incident happened so early in the draw that there were potential implications for every tie apart from Benfica vs Madrid and City vs Villareal.

Red Royal

Please a redraw with:-
City vs Atletico
Liverpool vs PSG
Bayern vs Chelski
Man United vs Salzburg

Imagine the reaction up the East Lancs road...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I always rig my draws in the most publicised manner that leads to total outrage and questions from clubs and the media alike pushing for a complete redraw that almost guarantees my initial rigging can't go ahead.
Also good to make sure the person drawing the balls has a name that is an anagram of BALLRIGGED.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s not just about that though. They got the worst case draw, it can’t get any worse in a re-draw.
Yeah, that's true. Ignoring who we eventually drew, it genuinely should be re-drawn as it limited the opposition we could get dramatically.

SER19

The incident happened so early in the draw that there were potential implications for every tie apart from Benfica vs Madrid and City vs Villareal.
When you do a draw on those draw simulator sites you see how much one draw affects another. It has to be redone its that simple

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Somehow, someway, even if there's a re-draw UEFA will ensure United vs PSG still happens. :lol:

We all knew we'd get PSG. People were saying it all last week. Its as inevitable as Thanos.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This isn't a good look for the sport with the most match fixing,drug cheating, players cheating on the field and money laundering.

It will be redrawn.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Are the dates for individual games known when the draw is made? If so, fans across Europe will be after booking flights/hotels already.

What a colossal feckup.
Not yet. They do that after the draw I believe to ensure that two teams from the same city don't play at home in the same week etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.