Did we deserve a penalty in that game?

RyRoc

1st one - if it was given wouldn’t have been overruled but the fact it wasn’t given on the field means I can understand why it wasn’t reversed.

2nd one - never a pen.

3rd one - stonewaller! Can’t understand why VAR hasn’t stepped in.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The referee deemed Pogba's tackle on Zouma as a foul, even though he didn't touch him and he pulled out of the tackle.
On that basis, we should've had 2 penalties.

The last one was an absolute stonewall.

DoomSlayer

How we didn't get a single penalty is beyond me. :houllier:

If Ronaldo was diving, why didn't the Atkinson book him? The refs were such pussies, I bet it's all about "United getting too many penalties", so now the opposition will get away with murder in their own box when playing against us. :mad:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Which is the last one? My internet's dodgy as feck today so I only saw bits and pieces. If it's the one where he ran in to the defender then you're all mad but I'm thinking there was one after that I missed.
The one where Zouma slides Ronaldo in the box, takes him out and gets none of the ball.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
First one looked a pen in real time, then from one angle it looks like Ronaldo is looking for it, then from another it looked a penalty again. Seen them given, but wasn’t overly shocked to see Martin Atkinson of all people having absolutely none of it.

The second one though? Stone wall pen all day long. Criminal.

Dan_F

To make it worse, they went up the other end and got a soft free kick for a push that led to their pen.

Real Name

3rd was stonewall. First Ronaldo initiated contact, 2nd it could or couldnt be, 50-50 or more not than yes but 3rd one was a clear penalty denied.

OmarUnited4ever

Deserved two. Then again i thought the awb tackle was clumsy and warranted a pen, clearly got away with that and the Shaw handball rightfully given. Bizarre refereeing

Nope.. AWB one was foul on him, Soucek clearly came behind AWB and clumsily crashed into him

Jev

I can understand why the first one wasn't given. The second one, only extremely biased people would say that wasn't as clear as a day. A total disaster it wasn't given.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I expect the PL to have a review of the pen rule after this, because this is getting out of hand.

SirAnderson

is the correct answer

they're not giving them because it's Ronaldo
It's crazy how blatant as well. Cannot understand how the don't refer it, especially that first one.
I haven't been in match day thread today, cause I'm with fam, so I can only imagine how insessant the thread would have been!
Thankfully we won in the end, but almost robbed.

lsd

The Oracle
They all looked decent shouts but the last one was totally stonewall

However there is no chance Martin Atkinson is going to give us a penalty

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Well, it was a little different. Pogba did not make contact, if it was it was minimal.
Yes, that's the only difference :lol:
Had he not jumped, there would've been contact, though.
Anyway, it was the exact same foul, and that means it should also be a pen.

GBBQ

The last one was nailed on and I’d love to hear the logic for it not being give. The Coufal could have been given too but I think would have been on the softer side.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The last one for sure.
First one I think, not y the new rules.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I was infuriated and thought it was so unfair on Ole, the team deserved it today. Luckily de Gea came to the rescue but this was awful refereeing, truly disgusting.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I expect the PL to have a review of the pen rule after this, because this is getting out of hand.
We all wanted a bit of VAR to go on the refs interpretation. We've had it last year where every decision gets looked at and we all moaning. Var can't do no right. We either accept it, or feck it off completely

TrustInJanuzaj

@GifLord any clips of that last penalty shout. As usual we barely got any replays but it looked absolutely stonewall to me and my friends.

TrustInJanuzaj

Yes, that's the only difference :lol:
Had he not jumped, there would've been contact, though.
Anyway, it was the exact same foul, and that means it should also be a pen.
Agree and I said the same thing. It’s the exact same challenge. If it’s a foul in the middle that means it’s a foul in the box. Atkinson is a disgraceful ref.

mav_9me

We all wanted a bit of VAR to go on the refs interpretation. We've had it last year where every decision gets looked at and we all moaning. Var can't do no right. We either accept it, or feck it off completely
Wait a sec. Are you saying the last pen incident shouldn't have been reviewed?

Pavl3n

Atrocious refereeing.
To be fair Ronaldo's first penalty shout looked like he dived but after I saw the replay is clear foul.
What's VAR there for?
I can understand the third foul being overlooked because Ronaldo plunged to the ground just a split moment before Zouma came in flying. But the first one...
This shouldn't be the case.

RedDevilRoshi

1st & 3rd were clear as day’s penalties. Then again it’s Martin Atkinson, so unsurprised he never gave either.

2nd - nope.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The first one was irritating because they're given 8 times out of 10. I'd say Ronaldo knew precisely what he was doing but that's a little beside the point.

Second was blatant and showed the fact Atkinson was just determined not to give him one.

I hope somebody shits in his weetabix.

Edit - Thought West Ham's was a pen in fairness.