Did we deserve a penalty in that game?

Moby

Dick
Quite a few shouts and for me surely the last one on Ronaldo was a clear one? And even the Coufal on Ronaldo is something I've seen given more often than not.

TheReligion

Abusive
Quite a few shouts and for me surely the last one on Ronaldo was a clear one? And even the Coufal on Ronaldo is something I've seen given more often than not.
I thought the Coufal one was for sure. Odd it wasn't even looked at.

Someone

Something
Two at least. He doesn't need to break his foot to be warranted one. Both were tackles that missed the ball but he avoided the contact.

Swedish_Plumber

The lack of talk about the incidents from the sky pundits is astounding. Can you imagine the uproar if it’s the other way round? Just moved swiftly on to the spurs game.

RetroStu

The last Ronaldo penalty claim was a stonewall one, i mean even rival fans would probably admit that.

I find it frustrating how they can use VAR for some penalty claims but not others.

The first probably not, the last definitely. That none even warranted a review was criminal.

Woodzy

Two.

Think West Ham should have had another to be fair though. Awful performance by the referee and VAR

Art

Art the artist
Deserved two. Then again i thought the awb tackle was clumsy and warranted a pen, clearly got away with that and the Shaw handball rightfully given. Bizarre refereeing

RyRy11

First two would have been soft. The last one is the most obvious pen I've ever seen.

NewYorkRed

First one would have been soft. The Zouma one is not even up for debate, 100% pen. Fuming that even with VAR they’re getting this wrong.

Lightbringer

I would like to have seen the ref review Ronaldos 2 incidents via his own monitor, he would have changed his mind if not biased.

Abraxas

I thought the last was cast iron. Just a routine clear out, a mistimed lunge.

The others seemed more debatable.

SAFMUTD

Is not about deserving, we should been given 2 against and 2 in our favor. Shit show by the referee and VAR.

shahzy

The Wan Bissaka one is possible. The first Ronaldo one would be soft. The second is so fkn obvious.
Absolutely shit ref

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did we deserve a penalty? No. We deserved penalties.

Tony247

2 clear penalties. The last one on Ronaldo is a stonewall penalty in every corner of the world, except in England.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Last one was blatant. Didn't touch the ball and took his legs out.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Which is the last one? My internet's dodgy as feck today so I only saw bits and pieces. If it's the one where he ran in to the defender then you're all mad but I'm thinking there was one after that I missed.

LMControl

Eternally between promotion and relegation...
Even on the first one, the shite defender stuck his leg out and created contact on the advancing player... and the second it seems punished Ronaldo for trying to protect his knees. Both were clear penalties by inferior players who were clearly beaten.

Kag

The last one was. Zouma was out of control completely.

The Coufal one isn’t. It’s exactly the sort of incident that has been ruining the game in recent years and I’m glad that referees aren’t falling for it. Ronaldo initiates it completely. The annoying thing about it, however, is that Zouma does the same thing a few minutes later and Pogba gets penalised in spite of pulling out. No consistency.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Should have had 2, the first one was identical to the freekick WH was given against Pogba just minutes before. Identical.
And last one was stonewall.

Ludens the Red

The zouma one is insane. I saw the replay and immediately began my thought process of wondering if Bruno or Ronaldo would take it. I assumed they’d check it and give pen no prob, and then they didn’t :lol:
The first two I don’t think you get this season, maybe last but deffo not this season.

CloneMC16

I think the first one would have been very soft. Ronaldo was looking for it. I don't think it was a pen. The second one was blatant. How VAR does not ask the ref to review it is beyond me. AWB also should have gave one away tbh. Not sure why the foul was given our way.

Lentwood

1st Appeal - in normal time, I thought Ronaldo dived. When I saw the replay, I thought Coufal was lucky to get away with it. The commentator said Ronaldo initiated the contact but not only does Coufal not pull out, he actually moves towards the ball/player. I think if that's anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul all day long.

2nd Appeal - stonewall. Need not say anymore

Red00012

The last one was a penalty the other 2 weren’t .

no complaints with West Ham one

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ref should be punished Imo, for not even considering VAR review… the game just can’t always let the ref plays GOD role.