Diego Maradona has died | 1960 – 2020

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
what an amazing life of brilliance and wild experiences he lived. Remember him for all his greatness and the joy and wonder he gave billions of people.

A true legend of his era. Thanks for all the memories. In my opinion, the all time GOAT of football bar none.

Wayne's World

Find it very hard to believe he's gone. Seemed like such a figure and Icon that he was almost untouchable and he was only 60, still so young

The Greatest R.I.P

dal

RIP Diego. You were incredible. Doesn’t feel real.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I can imagine his Coke habit played havoc with his system.

He was some player.

Jeffthered

This year is absolutely crazy. Crazy.

This man was the best footballer I have ever seen. Simple. Yes he had his demons (note George Best as a similar example...), but from ridiculously humble beginnings, this man was something else. A phenomenal player, bursting with brilliance.. a leader of his team, a city (ref Naples..) and, for many Argentine's, for his country. And that's what I love about him... he carried so, so, so, so much pressure, was kicked to bits, week in, week out... and yet he still blessed us with a brilliance that we have rarely seen since.

Not only an amazing talent, but a footballer's footballer. You will not hear many players, team-mates or opponents say a bad word about him.

Guy was a King to me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
WHAT?! Cant believe it. He has always, always managed to come back from the edge. Unbelievable. RIP.

Red Royal

What an amazing footballer in the days when pitches were bobbly, defenders got away with almost everything and fitness was never a thing. Legend!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Barry Davies said it about his second goal in against England but it kinda sums up the man's life - "you have to say that's magnificent".

I should hate him but I never did, even as an 8 year old in 1986 when he made me cry.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Damn 2020..RIP my fellow South American. He's one of the main reasons I became obsessed with football at a very young age. Legend indeed.

Red Star One

True legend. Loved and considered the greatest of them all by millions, will always be remember as one of the most important players of the game.

dal

It is crazy that two of the best players ever had such addiction problems (best & Maradona). The ultimate free spirits.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Some bloke really. Incredible footballer, larger than life character, and didn’t give a feck. While massively flawed, I have to respect it. Fair play to a true legend.

tomaldinho1

Really enjoyed watching some of the docs about him at Napoli and managing in Mexico recently. Great player & personality. One of the GOATs.

Okey

No!!!

Gosh that is some terribly sad news. RIP you great man. Few made our game more beautiful.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Football lost its best ever player. Grazie el pibe de oro

Canuckred64

Sad to hear that he has passed. He died much to young, he's younger than I am. I enjoyed watching him play, a great player, as good as anybody who has played the game. Had that rare ability to take a game by the scruff of its neck and win it single handedly. It would be amiss to not mention the " Hand of God" though, it broke my heart and I will never forgive him for that.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He was the player. Take him for all in all. We shall never look upon his like again.

And now I really will log out - and get drunk.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sad to hear that he has passed. He died much to young, he's younger than I am. I enjoyed watching him play, a great player, as good as anybody who has played the game. Had that rare ability to take a game by the scruff of its neck and win it single handedly. It would be amiss to not mention the " Hand of God" though, it broke my heart and I will never forgive him for that.
Seriously? The guy’s dead but you can’t forgive him for something he did on a football pitch?

I bet murderers get more leniency

troylocker

So sad! Thank you for the many magical moments of brilliance you gave us on the pitch. Your left foot, balance and timing was sublime. RIP