Dillon Hoogewerf

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
feck off.

literally my favourite ajax youth talent

feck. feck. feck. why do we always lose our strikers at 16. Malen, Redan, and now hoogenwerf?

Dolf

What’s in it for him? Except more money.
Surely he has a better chance at making the Ajax first team than the United first team?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nice :) I like our new setup. Exciting with new talents. Our future will be great.
Tbh, nothing new about it, we have been making these sorts of signings for a few years now. Yet to really hit the jackpot, although Pereira, Chong and TFM have been involved.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tbh, nothing new about it, we have been making these sorts of signings for a few years now. Yet to really hit the jackpot, although Pereira, Chong and TFM have been involved.
I can't remember there being so many as this in one team - been linked to 3/4 top talents around europe

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Pogba should have been in that category. Pique and Rossi too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I can't remember there being so many as this in one team - been linked to 3/4 top talents around europe
Aye, Cherki, Mejbri and now Hoogewerf. Not to mention we already have some very highly rated players in that group already, Forson and Shoretire are both meant to be quality too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Aye, Cherki, Mejbri and now Hoogewerf. Not to mention we already have some very highly rated players in that group already, Forson and Shoretire are both meant to be quality too.
And Emeran

AshRK

Have we signed Mejbri? Last I checked talks were ongoing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hmm, who knows. When we signed the likes of Chong, Traore, Puigmal, Burkhart - all around a similar time, we beat a lot of Europe’s elite to them. Just that they haven’t looked like that of late. Januzaj and Pereira similar before them, with TFM.

Hopefully this new batch turn out better.

AltiUn

Have we signed Mejbri? Last I checked talks were ongoing.
Nah, was just listing the names we've been linked with. No idea what's happening with that.

AltiUn

Hmm, who knows. When we signed the likes of Chong, Traore, Puigmal, Burkhart - all around a similar time, we beat a lot of Europe’s elite to them. Just that they haven’t looked like that of late. Januzaj and Pereira similar before them, with TFM.

Hopefully this new batch turn out better.
Puigmal and Chong have both been training with the first team in recent weeks, wouldn't write them off just yet.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Puigmal and Chong have both been training with the first team in recent weeks, wouldn't write them off just yet.
Of course, not at all.

Although not hopeful about Puigmal. Came as a promising midfielder and was quickly turned into a RB, in which he won’t make it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Oh yeah of course.

Anyone know if Sotana and Odubeko will be in this group or are they first year scholars now?
They'll all be first years in the upcoming season. Unless either Sotana or Odubeko have late in the year birthdays but I'm fairly sure they'll be first years next year as are all the players we're linked with. You can't sign u16s from abroad.

Tbf loads of them have trained with the first team at some point, it doesn't really mean that much. As it stands Puigmal will be struggling to even get game time next season in the u23s.

AshRK

We also bought one more dutch forward, I think Baars was his name. He was also highly rated, any news on him. How is he developing?

AltiUn

We also bought one more dutch forward, I think Baars was his name. He was also highly rated, any news on him. How is he developing?
He's rubbish to be perfectly honest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s Van Velzen levels of rubbish.

Kearnkoff69

I want this guy to make it here, just so we can hear the commentary team try to pronounce his name every week.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We did this a lot under Fergie for a while too and to be fair it gave us a few very good talents to fall back on. Pogba, Pique, Rossi. Only reason the later two didn't make it here is because we already had such a good team at the time. Pique was fighting for a place with two of the best centrebacks in the world at the time. Rossi just had to be better than Rooney, VanNistelrooy, Ronaldo, etc. Bringing through players like that now would be a potential difference maker even if it was one or two.

Even at the moment if you take our youth talent who've been involved with the first team out of the squad the situation looks more bleak.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We did this a lot under Fergie for a while too and to be fair it gave us a few very good talents to fall back on. Pogba, Pique, Rossi. Only reason the later two didn't make it here is because we already had such a good team at the time. Pique was fighting for a place with two of the best centrebacks in the world at the time. Rossi just had to be better than Rooney, VanNistelrooy, Ronaldo, etc. Bringing through players like that now would be a potential difference maker even if it was one or two.

Even at the moment if you take our youth talent who've been involved with the first team out of the squad the situation looks more bleak.
Indeed.

Macheda has one job and he did it very well too!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
feck off.

literally my favourite ajax youth talent

feck. feck. feck. why do we always lose our strikers at 16. Malen, Redan, and now hoogenwerf?
Your favourite Ajax youth player? Must be a big talent then.:drool:

I have a good friend who supports Ajax and he won't be happy. :D

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
This all done to nicky butt revamping our academy?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Hope he makes the first team eventually just so I can get Hoogewerf on the back of my shirt.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Your favourite Ajax youth player? Must be a big talent then.:drool:

I have a good friend who supports Ajax and he won't be happy. :D
Why be :drool: when there's good chances he won't make it now at all anyway? He's a really really short guy so I don't see him getting the chances at all as a forward in England. Being shoehorned as a winger won't do him any good at all in my opinion. I'm just pissed off because our golden golden generation that I've been looking forward to in 3/4 years has just been torn apart. The 2002 generation, basically U17 euro winning team from the other day from our U19s + Gravenberch (2002) and Hoogewerf(2003) was set to be an incredible moment for the club, with Unuvar(2003), Gravenberch(2002),Hoogewerf(2003), Rensch(2003) as literally world class talents, all the same age, coming through at the same time, surrounded by top tier talents in Taylor(2002) and potentially Hansen(2002). but the one I felt most had the most enigmatic excitement to him, a short, incredibly pacey, beautifully technically, perfectly two-footed dribbling ice-cold finisher with a bullet in either foot has decided to leave for the guaranteed money...:(

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why be :drool: when there's good chances he won't make it now at all anyway? He's a really really short guy so I don't see him getting the chances at all as a forward in England. Being shoehorned as a winger won't do him any good at all in my opinion. I'm just pissed off because our golden golden generation that I've been looking forward to in 3/4 years has just been torn apart. The 2002 generation, basically U17 euro winning team from the other day from our U19s + Gravenberch (2002) and Hoogewerf(2003) was set to be an incredible moment for the club, with Unuvar(2003), Gravenberch(2002),Hoogewerf(2003), Rensch(2003) as literally world class talents, all the same age, coming through at the same time, surrounded by top tier talents in Taylor(2002) and potentially Hansen(2002). but the one I felt most had the most enigmatic excitement to him, a short, incredibly pacey, beautifully technically, perfectly two-footed dribbling ice-cold finisher with a bullet in either foot has decided to leave for the guaranteed money...:(
I feel for you mate. But we'll take good care of him.:D