Dimitar Berbatov | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
are you fecking blind.

if we sell Berba, get a new striker, we are very likely to be in the same position as this year.

just consider a scenario where berba has left, and the new striker isnt performing much better. we are then as screwed as we are now.

atleast if we dont sell berna AND get a new striker, we have 2 strikers to have some option. today we dont.
Why? Its not as if SAF tend to get it wrong on strikers at a regular rate does he? I mean the amount of quality strikers he had signed is amazing. Ruud, Cole, Yorke, Ole, Teddy, Cantona etc. Its just that it didn't worked out with Berba.

We should cut the losses and get someone whose main skill is not to deliver silky passes but to score goals.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If we were to get rid of Berbatov, I can see us getting another striker in on another Michael Owen type deal. Speaking of MO7, I can see him potentially being abandoned too, or one of our youth prospects.

We have four youth strikers coming through the ranks, seems like a lot of competition to me - i can see 1 or 2 of Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf being loaned out next season, with Hernandez and Owen being our primary backup to Rooney.

Realistically, because of our strong youth team, I dont think we would move for another expensive signing up front, even if we sold Berbatov. If the rumours are true about him being unsettled, I could actually see us trying to swoop for Anelka on the cheap.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People are still actually talking about Berbatov as a potential midfielder? Amazing. Who'd do the job of two defensively to cover for him? He doesn't work. He saunters. Leave this ridiculous idea of converting him to a midfielder alone. It's desperate.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Short memories. People talking about him being shit for months, or the last 6 or 7 games.
In actual fact he was playing very well, and building up a good vein of form until the Blackburn, or maybe the Chelsea game.
Yes he's had some terrible games. Yes his form at the moment is bad. But he's screwed on this forum anyway, because anything good he does is instantly forgotten the moment he does badly again.
You're the equivalent of the British public's approach to the weather. We can have a 6 month drought followed by a week of rain, and by the end of that week, everyone will be talking about how we had no summer this year.

He's a United player and I will continue to support him. And he clearly has the talent. If he stays with us (and I think he will), I'd back him to perform next season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Aye, he looks shot, mentally.

Some of our fecking fans getting on his case (again) didn't help but if he's that badly lacking in bottle it's a problem.

It increasingly looks as though Fergie will want him to spend the summer sat in front of a sports psychologist. Or looking for a new club.

Which is a shame really. He's a much much better player than what we've seen in recent weeks. Yesterday was a new low though. He looked a broken man.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
I've been hoping & praying that he would come good, but I don't think he's strong enough mentally any more. I'd love him to still be here next season & turn it around, but I don't believe he will be.

Brophs

The One and Only

Some of our fecking fans getting on his case (again) didn't help but if he's that badly lacking in bottle it's a problem.

It increasingly looks as though Fergie will want him to spend the summer sat in front of a sports psychologist. Or looking for a new club.

Which is a shame really. He's a much much better player than what we've seen in recent weeks. Yesterday was a new low though. He looked a broken man.
Aye. A real shame. Unfortunately it is looking like his confidence is completely gone. But it's not over just yet. Nani was on the floor and came back. Berbatov can do the same. Whether he's mentally up to it, well, only time will tell.

devilish

Wrong. We should instead try to get in some one who suits our play down to the ground. Scoring goals isn't enough. If it was we'd be okay with an Inzaghi type.
I never said that we need a striker that lacks of movement. Stating that our new striker needs to know how to score goals. Silky skills should be considered as a second priority after goals, movement and pace.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
there will be a very big problem even we can sign benzema (though i would like to sign a mobile striker), i.e. that is where roon plays then, esp against tops teams. anyway, berba does not suit us. that is a fact, no matter how good he is technically

United87

Its amazing how all these "supporters" of Berbatov are coming out with the same recycled bullshit

I have defended Berbatov since the beginning but this is the final straw

Do people think they'll accomplish anything by spouting this bullshit? Oh great you gave up on someone, well done to you ya fecking tard!! Doubt half of them have even defended him when people have criticised the man. Probably just saying it to make it seem as if he's doing so terrible.

Maybe we should sell him to Milan who are after all your first team (Until they get knocked out of the champions league) and everyone is happy.

For you to tell anyone how to support United is complete drivel.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I never said that we need a striker that lacks of movement.
Well you seemed to imply on goals mattered. I just decided to point out how that alone wouldn't solve the problem either

Stating that our new striker needs to know how to score goals. Silky skills should be considered as a second priority after goals, movement and pace.
Not really. Suiting our system should take top priority. Look at Tevez. Whilst with us he didn't score more than Berbatov has. But he suited us down to the ground.

devilish

Well you seemed to imply on goals mattered. I just decided to point out how that alone wouldn't solve the problem either

Not really. Suiting our system should take top priority. Look at Tevez. Whilst with us he didn't score more than Berbatov has. But he suited us down to the ground.
If we are searching for a quality cover for Rooney then then Tevez is an improvement from Berba but not the solution. We need someone like a fit Saha. Someone with ample movement but also eye to goal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Maybe we should sell him to Milan who are after all your first team (Until they get knocked out of the champions league) and everyone is happy.

For you to tell anyone how to support United is complete drivel.
Swap him for Pato then

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman

I agree. I wanted us to sign him so badly and I was so excited when we did but I think it's time we held our hands up and cut our losses. I think after two full seasons he's had enough time and he hasn't delivered. The game yesterday was just a sad sight, the look on his face when he missed that first sitter was not even of anger or disappointment, but one of despair. He just can't do anything right. I would love nothing more than for him to turn it around and deliver the goods next season but to be quite honest, there's just no chance of it happening.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If we are searching for a quality cover for Rooney then then Tevez is an improvement from Berba but not the solution. We need someone like a fit Saha. Someone with ample movement but also eye to goal.
Trust me even Tevez was a solution too. As his Man City form shows. We just need is player who can impersonate Rooney in terms of work rate and goals. Be a Tevez or Saha type. That is why if City ever thought of selling Adebayor I'd recommend us snatching him. Hek even a Carlton Cole would suit us nicely. Despite not being a natural goal merchant.

Fergies Formula

adebayour hasnt got the mentality to be a united player, or the balls, Ferguson even admitted he turned down the chance of signing him before city came calling. He is easily rattled and a not as good as HE thinks. If your after that type of forward, Drogba is the real deal, adebayour is a big time charley.

redwhiteblack

Anelka. Should've signed him when we signed Berba, and he'd still be a better option now.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Who? this is the problem, even with having Berbatov this season 99% of our fanbase agrees were a striker short and lacking in goalscorers, if we let Berbatov go then we're in an even worse state on that front because like it or not Berbatov is our second highest scorer this season and the only man after Rooney in double figures, so despite being underwhelming and despite many fans wanting rid, hes outscored everyone bar Rooney.....if were going to sell him that needs replacing, improving on and im afriad and im not sure who these 'dozens of other options' are....are you refering to youngsters here or not?
There are dozens of options. Put the majority of decent Premiership strikers alongside Rooney and they will do as well Berbs has done.

Improving on him is more difficult but honesty there are still many options. Not necessarily more talented players, but players who would suit us better. I don't feel like naming names, I wouldn't know where to start.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Aye. A real shame. Unfortunately it is looking like his confidence is completely gone. But it's not over just yet. Nani was on the floor and came back. Berbatov can do the same. Whether he's mentally up to it, well, only time will tell.
Will he be given more time to come good ?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
i just feel desperately sorry for him
I feel sorry for him in the same way I felt sorry for Richardson a few years back. Doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid of him or that he was underperforming.

Brophs

The One and Only
Will he be given more time to come good ?
I hope so. I think he's a cracking player, but I don't think we've ever seen him at his best at this club.

But unlike Nani, he isn't at the age where you can give him endless time. So there may be a tough decision that needs to be made.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
I think that he will remain. Stating that, things will change. He will not be the new guy on the block that needs games to settle down. He will have to fight for every game like anybody else and if (lets say) Owen starts scoring goals then he will keep his place. I wouldn't be surprised if SAF brings in another striker who would be considered ahead of Berba in the pecking order.
Owen can't keep his place over Berba because, SAF clearly said Owen and Rooney cannot play together.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He's been so bad that it isn't funny anymore. Poor guy.

He was hoping that his chances will go in. This is kind of like the last season of Ronaldo before the world cup. Many were criticizing him for being a show pony without end product. Not really a valid comparison, with Ronaldo being younger and immature and all, but hopefully Berbatov can work on his mental state and stop texting Mafia men's wife and try to score in a football ground for pete's sake.

It's never funny to see an United player go through this. Chin up Berbatov.

Crustanoid

He's been so bad that it isn't funny anymore. Poor guy.

He was hoping that his chances will go in. This is kind of like the last season of Ronaldo before the world cup. Many were criticizing him for being a show pony without end product. Not really a valid comparison, with Ronaldo being younger and immature and all, but hopefully Berbatov can work on his mental state and stop texting Mafia men's wife and try to score in a football ground for pete's sake.

It's never funny to see an United player go through this. Chin up Berbatov.
Ronaldo was nowhere near that bad

redpie

Defoe has 18 PL goals, he's Spurs' top scorer in a season that has them sat in 4th.

If he'd have had service from Valencia, Nani, Scholes, Giggs while regularly playing alongside Wayne - he'd be WAY ahead of Berbatov.

More to the point, he'd fit what we need better.
You forget that the way we are set-up it is hard for any other forward to get enough games to get into double figures. Before the injury Owen was fit for a long time and hardly got a look-in and Berbs never started the big games.
Defoe would be in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.