Not open for further replies.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
bla bla bla

thus said rubber

So one person "got" your post.

Cock out?

Ekeke

If Berbatov cant handle the pressure he shouldnt be at United. Fair enough sometimes you have to actually try something to figure out whether its for you or not. But if he cant stand up and be counted when he's needed, then he's not the kind of player who is going to succeed at United or any big club. It would be different if he was a young player because such a player has time to develop and get used to the pressure. But he's 29 years old. Most likely the solution to get some joy back into his football is to go and play for someone else where, rather than being an even more marginalised player than he has been this season, he could actually be the main man. He was very happy to win his league winners medal last season and he could yet get another one this season. He's been paid a lot of money, got to play with some of the best players in the world, under the best manager in the world. Berbatov leaving this summer, yeah he would have flopped as a big money signing but he himself would have gained a lot and ultimately it would have been time quite well spent for him as he may never win a league again. So no reason to feel sorry for him. He's lost his confidence but he can get it back if he moves on this summer. He will never lose his league winners medal... Unless he's too lazy to keep it in a safe place.

Member 5225

My mate sent me this today:

'I bought a new DVD: Berbatov's Greatest Moments at Old Trafford'

....it was blank!'

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Agree with that, its not Berbatovs fault that we have not won the league.

But if we had a forward that was more effective and could play upfront in a 451 as well as in a 442, then we would have won the league again.
It's not his fault but he is part of the problem.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yep. Because not being first choice has seen his confidence and sharpness go to great heights this season. Not being first choice is one of his big problems.
He has clearly been Rooney's first choice partner for a 2 striker system and first choice cover for the lone forward system and it clearly hasn't worked for him or us.

Where you keep getting this idea he is floundering as a second choice, I don't know. Our current second choice forward is an injured Scouser with dodgy hamstrings.

Ekeke

He has clearly been Rooney's first choice partner for a 2 striker system and first choice cover for the lone forward system and it clearly hasn't worked for him or us.

Where you keep getting this idea he is floundering as a second choice, I don't know. Our current second choice forward is an injured Scouser with dodgy hamstrings.
Its probably because he doesnt start against any of the top 6 teams in the league or in the champions league knockout stages.

Deserved or not, thats going to eat your confidence. Especially someone with the seemingly fragile confidence Berbatov has.

To then take away the week to week easy matches as well, its not going to give him more confidence and sharpness. The only way he'll do that is in new surroundings where he knows he's an important first choice player for the team. Preferably the main player of the team.

Ekeke

He hasnt showed much of the class he showed at Spurs.

Hard to say why that is though.
Foster hasnt shown much of the same ability he showed at Hull. Could be the same thing. Not the right mentality for a club with the pressures you get at United.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Its probably because he doesnt start against any of the top 6 teams in the league or in the champions league knockout stages.

Deserved or not, thats going to eat your confidence. Especially someone with the seemingly fragile confidence Berbatov has.
It can't eat your self confidence to be next in line to Rooney. Who is clearly better than you. What would actually do that is being the go to man to replace Rooney and failing to be up to it. Which is what's been happening with Berbatov.

To then take away the week to week easy matches as well, its not going to give him more confidence and sharpness. .
Berbatov will get more confidence and sharpness in a United shirt from having less pressure on his shodulers. That can only happen when he stops being Rooney's first choice partner.

The only way he'll do that is in new surroundings where he knows he's an important first choice player for the team. Preferably the main player of the team.
You seem to be implying Berbatov thinks he isn't first choice that is why he isn't performing. When the reality is the pressure to be first choice at United with his price tag is proving too much for him.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Am I the only one who thinks he should stay at the club?

Yes, I am, probably.

(I do think we need to have another forward).

So, as a substitute. Perhaps. Such a shame.
No you are not.
Berba will stay put because I think Fergie genuinely believes, that the Bulgarian brings something different to our play.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Which is what?

Goals? Not many.
Performances? Again not many.
Vision? Rooney has played more visionary passes.
Heading? No
Missing a hatful of chances? YES

Seriously what does he bring that is so unique?
Are you asking me? I said, I think Fergie believes so
However:
Goals?- He scored more than Anelka, Arshavin or Gerrard. But some of you jizz in their pants whenever those others are mentioned
Performances?- He has been truly shit in a very few games- 2 or 3, usually when the rest of the team has stunk too. For the rest and whenever picked, he's been good and better
Vision?- Are you kidding me? Some of the best I have seen in my life. I am 37
Heading?- What kind of question is that? It's like asking how many did he score with his left foot and call that a failure. He needs to work on his mental strength, which affects his finishing.
Missing chances?- Again bollocks. He doesn't miss any more than any other striker. Look at his stats

I am off to work now

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
However:
Goals?- He scored more than Anelka, Arshavin or Gerrard. But some of you jizz in their pants whenever those others are mentioned
Performances?- He has been truly shit in a very few games- 2 or 3, usually when the rest of the team has stunk too. For the rest and whenever picked, he's been good and better
Heading?- What kind of question is that? It's like asking how many did he score with his left foot and call that a failure. He needs to work on his mental strength, which affects his finishing.
Missing chances?- Again bollocks. He doesn't miss any more than any other striker. Look at his stats

I am off to work now
Bye, take care.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Seriously what does he bring that is so unique?
Nothing. He was a solid striker for Spurs, big fish in a small pound. At times he has brillant skills, but that's about it. I'd even rather have Tevez.

I still can't get over the fact that we paid 30 million pounds for him. If he was a young player, I would stick to the hope he could become a great player. But he's about 29 and from now on, he's not gonna improve. One of Fergie's biggest transfer flops.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nothing. He was a solid striker for Spurs, big fish in a small pound. At times he has brillant skills, but that's about it. I'd even rather have Tevez.

I still can't get over the fact that we paid 30 million pounds for him. If he was a young player, I would stick to the hope he could become a great player. But he's about 29 and from now on, he's not gonna improve. One of Fergie's biggest transfer flops.
Unfortunately you've got it spot on. It was something I was afraid to admit couple years back bowing to Ferguson's knowledge which far exceeds mine. But I didn't rate Berbatov that much when he was at Spurs and he never really stood out in the way I thought he would suit our team.

Could see he was a good player and I am sure someone will get his goals/assists record to show he was a great player at Spurs (this happened a year ago when I said I didn't rate Berbatov highly at Spurs) but not one that I thought would fit in.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
However:

I am off to work now
I am yet to see you say a single negative thing about any of our players. You must have a lot of top red points.

Myxomatosis

United fan? My arse. WUM masquerades
To be fair Myxo, the top red dig is only for Manchester United fans.

All we need is Marcus to create a 'Berbatov will reignite our defense of Premier League' thread next season.
I was a United fan before you even knew where Manchester is.

Name Changed

weso26
However:

I am off to work now
:lol:

I like you defending of him and your positive attitude towards most things but that's a crazy post.

Nucks

RT History Department
1)I did not say that by supporting Berbatov you are a real fan, but by not supporting him you are showing some signs of not being a real one.
If you don't support Americas current wars, you don't love America!

Status
Not open for further replies.