Dimitar Berbatov | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm always right

It was a great turn and ball into Ando. He had a couple of other moments too. But sadly if you had to pick our worst player tonight it would be him.

I thought at times he was very static and didnt give many options in a lot of attacks
Harsh, thought he did well up top alone.

No chance of him playing Sunday though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The assist to Anderson speaks volumes about his commitment to the team cause. He is supposedly fighting for his United future (not that I believe that) but is fighting for a first team place also and is currently out of favour and short of goals recently. You could have forgiven him for taking that shot on, especially with the game being as good as over.

Well played Berb. Not your best night but incredibly unselfish
I agree with that.

He is a class lad our Dimitar.

championo

Top Stalker
I think he fought tonight, he closed down defenders, helped us to press without the ball and really helped in defending set pieces too. I was pleased with this contribution.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I dont think he was that bad. But I gave my honest assesment. His assist for Anderson made a half decent performance into quite a good one

Godfather

The assist to Anderson speaks volumes about his commitment to the team cause. He is supposedly fighting for his United future (not that I believe that) but is fighting for a first team place also and is currently out of favour and short of goals recently. You could have forgiven him for taking that shot on, especially with the game being as good as over.

Well played Berb. Not your best night but incredibly unselfish
Good post

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
It was a great turn and ball into Ando. He had a couple of other moments too. But sadly if you had to pick our worst player tonight it would be him.

I thought at times he was very static and didnt give many options in a lot of attacks
We won 4-1 and you're picking our worst player? Even if you want to indulge in that kind of miserable thinking I suggest you have a look at our centre backs tonight.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
He did the same against Wigan - unselfishly squaring it for a tap-in instead of trying to boost his figures. Played quite well tonight in probably the most awkward role for a United player.

I'm always right

He played that ball across to give Anderson his second goal. A good move because it was the best option. That's why I like Berbatov, he's the one striker that will nearly always pass to ensure a goal rather than taking the shot himself and risking a miss. Class player.
Rooney too in all fairness.

Scoreboard Red

Hasn't let us down playing on his own up top at all this season.
I'd argue for the City match in particular but tonight he did a decent job, a few nice touches, kept moving and a nice break and lay-off to Anderson for the fourth, pleasing to see. I thought he would have benefitted more with a partner as he kept having to go wide, but he held it up well and tried to go for the cross under difficult circumstances.
He looked in high spirits with the rest of the players at the end too, big smile on his dial.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I am actually of the (admittedly minority) opinion he did alright against city, in the sense of his movement was good and he was very involved for most of it. Had he scored I think it would have been labelled a very good performance. However, he didn't, missed one shocker in particular, and he faded second half before being brought off, so I can accept the criticism of his performance.

I would agree with Scoreboard that he tends to do better with a strike partner, though also with Pogue that his efforts up front on his own get are unfairly lambasted as a whole. Though I would include Bursa away as a poor performance.

Besides Bursa and the FA Cup semi, I recall Everton (a), city (a), Fulham (h), Valencia (a) and Marseille (a) where he was the 1 in a 4-5-1 this season, and he was brilliant against Everton, good against Fulham, good against city, decent against Valencia and alright against Marseille.

Against Brum away we played a 4-3-3 with Rooney wide and Berba up top iirc, and he was excellent.

Neutral

BTV
Ando gets two, yet poor Berba can't break this European drought. Not scored in 20 matches now...

But glad he had a decent game, and we won, a poor performance, and it really would have been a bummer, what with him hardly getting a chance to start the last couple of months.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs

Static ?

I thought it was one of the games where he actually tried to dribble, try to create and ran a lot more...

Its his style that doesn't suit the alone striker, he just doesn't have the off the ball movement that works and also he's negative body language doesnt' help.

That moment where he was trying dribbles in the box was great, not to mention the first Ando goal, instead of getting up and running to the ball, he let Ando shoot of all people.

I'd say he had a decent performance last night, not the stunning 5 goals Vs Blackburn one but he was effective.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can't help feeling we might suffer for his lack of match sharpness if we get an injury or need to chase a goal in the CL Final. He'll go into the game with next-to-no confidence even if he puts Blackpool to the sword.

VoetbalWizard

After Ruud and Tevez acting the gimp when they should be celebrating it was a nice change to see Berbatov accept his current role with good grace and look so happy about being part of this team (emphasis on team)
fair play to berba.

mind you, as chris rock said..a man is as faithful as his options. Those two had options to be main strikers in teams that were challenging for honours.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
After Ruud and Tevez acting the gimp when they should be celebrating it was a nice change to see Berbatov accept his current role with good grace and look so happy about being part of this team (emphasis on team)
Refreshing and relieving in equal measure. Hard to believe that some twist this willingness to be part of the squad as him lacking ambition and something he deserves criticism for...

He's leading the top scoring charts in the league, has just won a league medal and could win a CL medal to go along with it - I think most would 'settle' for that!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Worth pointing out that in the first two minutes of this vid, Berba is featured heavily in it.

MrK

It might be asking a bit much, but hopefully todays game will put a little bit of perspective on the same fixture last season. Even with Rooney and Hernandez up front Blackburn can be a very difficult side to break down at Ewood.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Indeed. I think that attitude will earn him a new deal.
Berba is a confident player and at the moment he's our third choice. He need games to play to his ability. Maybe being a sub is not the best thing for him.

I'm not sure he will be rewarded with a new contract even if I agree his attitude is much better now. Future will tell.....

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It might be asking a bit much, but hopefully todays game will put a little bit of perspective on the same fixture last season. Even with Rooney and Hernandez up front Blackburn can be a very difficult side to break down at Ewood.
If the fact that Chelsea got the exact same result as us at around the same time us, last season, couldn't give any perspective I doubt today's game will!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Berba is a confident player and at the moment he's our third choice. He need games to play to his ability. Maybe being a sub is not the best thing for him.

I'm not sure he will be rewarded with a new contract even if I agree his attitude is much better now. Future will tell.....
Personally I can't see how he wont get a new contract. He has kept his confidence up despite losing his place to Chicharito whilst being our top scorer. Yet he hasn't complained nor sulked.

nemanja15

Agree with all posters, his attitude seems fantastic at the moment, seems to revel in the team's successes and can easily understand the nature of football as a squad game (take note Carlos). He'll get his chances next season as well, exciting times ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.