Dimitar Berbatov

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Can you explain to me why you think he'd be a good buy for us? (obviously only if you do think so) I see a ton of people on here jizzing at the thought of him playing for us.

Don't get me wrong I can see that on his day he is a majestically good player but, personally i can't understand or see how having him would have much benefit for our team, that is assuming both Rooney and Tevez are at the club next season (no reason why they shouldn't be).

Berbatov seems to have an Anelka style personality, someone who sulks easily and will quickly lose form if all is not going his way.

IF we did buy him that would mean we'd have to either bench him, Rooney or Tevez and I can't really see any of them liking this.

I'm genuinely interested to hear what people think

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Berbatov seems to have an Anelka style personality, someone who sulks easily and will quickly lose form if all is not going his way.
Berbatov is not comparable to Anelka in my opinion people who dont like him as a player always turn to that sulker idea. If you want to know what people think there is a massive recent thread on it https://www.redcafe.net/f9/third-time-lucky-berba-206821/

Diver

Berbatov is not comparable to Anelka in my opinion people who dont like him as a player always turn to that sulker idea. If you want to know what people think there is a massive recent thread on it https://www.redcafe.net/f9/third-time-lucky-berba-206821/
I never said i didn't like him.

I just think that there is better options than splashing the cash for someone who probably will only get wound up at not getting starting constantly OR making someone else fed up at being benched.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
if ronnie goes we need someone direct strong and pacy as striker, if ronny stays then maybe berba would work though i am not convinced...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If you want to find out the answers go and look in the transfer forum where it has been discussed a million times already, rather than starting a whole new thread to regurgitate everything that has already been said.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I never said i didn't like him.

I just think that there is better options than splashing the cash for someone who probably will only get wound up at not getting starting constantly OR making someone else fed up at being benched.
No, i was just saying that in general not directly at you. I saw that you said you liked him as a player in the post. I think he is top draw and the fact he is one of the few players we talk about as potential targets on the Caf, who we know Fergie likes means something. I think people get caught up with the age thing when it comes to him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
You cant compare Berbatov with Anelka. I feel that Berbatov is the most underrated and misunderstood player in the league. First of all he is a team-player and will benefit greatly from playing with better players. Considering how good Keane looks next to him, I can only imagine how much Rooney will benefit from playing next to him. Second, he actually seem like a pretty nice guy.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You cant compare Berbatov with Anelka. I feel that Berbatov is the most underrated and misunderstood player in the league. First of all he is a team-player and will benefit greatly from playing with better players. Considering how good Keane looks next to him, I can only imagine how much Rooney will benefit from playing next to him. Second, he actually seem like a pretty nice guy.
I think you are seriously underestimating Keane, he is a quality player everywhere he has been.

I wouldn't mind him here to be honest.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Berbatov is lazy and that's probably why Spurs have had no inquiries let alone bids for him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Three reasons for getting him:

1. Height, genius and finishing ability, his three main attributes.
2. He could play as the link up man if need be, or he could play as the lead the line striker to be the one everyone plays off.
3. He wants to come to us.

Three reasons against getting him:

1. Lack of pace, very important to many people here.
2. Attitude problems. Although not overly bad, still a trait we don't like to see in players.
3. Price inflation.

Lot 49

Doom
He's an excellent player who would offer us something different from what we currently have. He's great at leading the line, is a strong aerial presence and is a very good finisher. I don't think he is a better all round player than either Rooney or Tevez but it's not about bringing in someone to take the place of either of those as much as it is having different options and variety in attack. Besides how many games last season did we have to play 1 up top or stick Ronaldo there or something weird.

He does sulk a bit but he's nowhere near as bad as Anelka imo and I think his form has been pretty consistent over the last two years. I also think he has a bit of a big fish in a small pond problem at Spurs and as such his ego is getting magnified by the fact he's so clearly the most talented player in his team, I can't see him getting too arrogant at United when even a player of his talent is not particularly outstanding. (Everyone who has been at United last season has a superior medal collection than him for instance).

dev1l

I m worried about his lack of pace.

of the three forwards Tevez-Rooney-Berbatov up front, only Rooney has genuine pace which means that we ll see less effective when counter-attacking.

Diver

Ofcourse you can, I just did :D

But seriously

Berbatov is a striker, 27 and 6ft2 - Anelka is a striker, 29 and 6ft1

Neither player is greatly proflific when it comes to scoring. So both psyhically and statistically (goal wise) they are very similar. But i was talking mentally more than anything, In my opinion from watching both players careers they seem to give up at certain points in a season, usually when the team they are playing for is having a slump.

So you can compare the two. Again i like the player and if the situation were different (like we only had one certain first starting striker) then I could understand more why people are so keen for him to join us. In an ideal world he'd be cheaper and wouldn't mind coming off the bench.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's what I heard, he became lazy in training after the League cup win, started getting an attitude in training etc.
Well you're fairly stupid for believing that then.

Decotron

Not his biggest fan but I do respect his ability. I think his presence in the team could be v. beneficial to Rooney. I think Rooneys wheres it at for us next season. Time for him to step up to the really top level that we all know he has in him. Viva Roonaldo

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I assume you are one the people who would like to see him in a united shirt,

may i ask why? (I don't care enough to go searching the forum archives for an answer).
Put simply he is brilliant, anyone who has seen him play for Spurs over the last 2 years would know this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Brilliant player. Would work amazing with Rooney or Tevez. Only problem is the price. I'm sure about a 27 year old for over 20 million pounds.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
You obviously have never seen him play, otherwise you would offer an argument rather than a smiley.

Idiot.
So sonny, why isn't every club in Europe (or any club for that matter) falling over themselves to sign him...?

Easy... he's not actually all that good... twat:rolleyes:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His vision to bring others into play and put through a pass that others cant see is possibly the best in the league.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So sonny, why isn't every club in Europe (or any club for that matter) falling over themselves to sign him...?

Easy... he's not actually all that good... twat:rolleyes:
Oh right, well no-one is going for Rooney, guess he isn't that good either?

What a stupid and pathetic basis for an argument.

Your actually not worth anymore of my time