Dimitar Berbatov

meamth

If I can be professional footballer, Berba is my style of play.

Pure genius at times, clearly good enough to play for United.

Thank you Berba for your time here at the club. Love him.

IAmAWinner

Very inconsistent. Rarely scored in big games. Wont classify him as a flop, because he was league's top scorer one season, even though he scored most goals in like 8 games or something.
Definition of vine player.

lsd

The Oracle
Very inconsistent. Rarely scored in big games. Wont classify him as a flop, because he was league's top scorer one season, even though he scored most goals in like 8 games or something.
Definition of vine player.
I think Hernandez goals gave us more points that season but people overhype Berbativ because he scored in like six games all season.

It wasn't a shock Fergie stopped trusting him and dropped him . Thd guy just didn't put the effort in and theres no excuse . Better players than Berbatov have come to Utd but they still put the work in week in week out

Inter Yer Nan

I never really took to Berbatov as a United player. Something just never felt right. I thought our front three from 2007/2008 was so good and then he slowed it down. Obviously, Fergie knew we were losing Ronaldo, so had an eye on the future, but that sort of lazy style of play, whilst pleasing on the eye, just didn't quite fit IMO.

Josh 76

I never really took to Berbatov as a United player. Something just never felt right. I thought our front three from 2007/2008 was so good and then he slowed it down. Obviously, Fergie knew we were losing Ronaldo, so had an eye on the future, but that sort of lazy style of play, whilst pleasing on the eye, just didn't quite fit IMO.
Totally agree. The dynamics changed so much on and off the pitch when we signed Bebatov. Having spent so much money on him, Fergie had to play him. That's when Tevez got the hump, and with Utd stalling on the contract , Tevez had already made his mind up to leave when Utd finally offered him the so called contract. Losing 2 (Ronaldo and Tevez) of the best players from probably one of the greatest Utd teams in history was the beginning of the end.

humdinger

Lovely player to watch, that video is superb. But he never really fit in here and was very frustrating.

Inter Yer Nan

Totally agree. The dynamics changed so much on and off the pitch when we signed Bebatov. Having spent so much money on him, Fergie had to play him. That's when Tevez got the hump, and with Utd stalling on the contract , Tevez had already made his mind up to leave when Utd finally offered him the so called contract. Losing 2 (Ronaldo and Tevez) of the best players from probably one of the greatest Utd teams in history was the beginning of the end.
Yeah, it sucks. Rooney and Tevez could have been a devastating partnership for years after Ronaldo's departure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And to think we just let Lukaku go.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah, it sucks. Rooney and Tevez could have been a devastating partnership for years after Ronaldo's departure.

I will always wonder what would have happened had we kept Tevez and not signed Berbatov. The way a fully fit Tevez petformed for City when they played him week in week out would have been immense for us and the effort he would have put in for us compared to Berbatovs non efforts