Diogo Costa Porto keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I don't think any club that isn't one of the richest in the world will be forking out 75m for a keeper, Barca are broke, Real have Courtois, PSG have Donnaruma, Liverpool have Alisson, City have Ederson and Bayern won't drop that much on a GK.

Could perhaps see Spurs signing Oblak and Atletico signing Costa but I doubt Spurs would pay what Atletico would want for Oblak, even if Oblak would agree to go to Spurs in the first place.

I agree that Costa looks good (I've only seen highlights tbf) but I think we're in a decent position to wait on the GK front at the moment having seen Costa himself sign a new deal with Porto, meaning he's probably happy to wait a few years, De Gea improving on what ETH wants him to and being young enough to persist with for 3 years.

The most unlikely thing to happen is for Vitek to "make it" and become a starter here, in that case 75m for a 26 year old Costa in 2025 would then be great business as he'd have a lot more experience, and we'd have hopefully sorted out attack and midfield out by then.
For what it's worth Costa only signed the deal to get Porto extra cash, not out of loyalty, he'd be gone tomorrow if someone stumped up the cash.

He's the real deal for me and I do think United should go all in for him, but definitely not at the expense of a striker.

Bojan Djordjic

For what it's worth Costa only signed the deal to get Porto extra cash, not out of loyalty, he'd be gone tomorrow if someone stumped up the cash.

He's the real deal for me and I do think United should go all in for him, but definitely not at the expense of a striker.
It's not necessarily one or the other. A goalkeeper with Diego Costa's skillset is rarer than even an Osimhen level centre forward's and would have a bigger impact on achieving Ten Hag's style of play so to me it makes sense to allocate the resources to that when a player with such rare talents becomes available.

While I really do think Osimhen would be a good fit for us I would also be comfortable signing a player with a lower current ability than him as I don't think it would take much to significantly improve on Ronaldo in that position. Moukoko on a free sounds ideal as he would both cost nothing but wages, can contribute at a good level already but also has a potentially massive ceiling.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He was fine up until that point IMO. That blunder though... Yikes!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
take him for 30m after that blunder, because he's a top keeper

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I wouldn't hold that against him. He will learn to stay switched on and hopefully won't forget there's a player lurking behind him.

Hopefully De Gea will show him how to do it in the next game for Spain..:D

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He was shaky to say the least. Fecked up a simple clearance and took him ages to get back on his goal, prompting Bruno to get booked and angry at him.
Maybe my mind was so focused on how poor the back line was that I didn't give his performance much thought.

Stadjer

Guess we keep DDG! Diogo Costa might be talented but he has not shown that at all this World Cup.

The DDG-out crowd might have to look for a new favorite. Morroco keeper seems pretty good

Zoo

Ten Hag seems happy enough with De Gea. Most likely we’ll renew on a more realistic lower salary.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shades of Fabian Barthez...

If we're replacing De Gea surely Raya or Sanchez, keepers who know our league, are safer bets?

WirralRed

Yeah hasn’t looked anything near good enough yet. Everyone begging us to sign him when the rumours first started coming out, bet they had never watched him!

kidbob

:lol: :lol: I'm tired of De Gea being better than all other options at this point. Turns out just being god at keeping the ball out of the net is still important. Allison is the only one truly better. Better off spending money on Kelleher or Bazunu than spending big on these pretenders.

DWelbz19

Ten Hag seems happy enough with De Gea. Most likely we’ll renew on a more realistic lower salary.
According to BILD we want Sommer and won’t renew De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.