Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I didn't think he was that bad. His side was targeted and overloaded because Lingard naturally drifts inside and leaves his position exposed; the amount of times they actually got through Dalot specifically was negligible, he tended to make the tackle or force them back when he was one on one. Notice how Lingard ended up being taken off and Herrera shifted across, it wasn't for Lingard's attacking ineptitude.

Offered a great outlet going forward and manages to get into attacking positions on a regular basis far more often than Young and Valencia due to his youth, although his crossing and decision making was poor as his brain probably wasn't used to having to act with such haste in attacking situations. That comes with experience however.

NinjaFletch

I’m not sure how that negates an opinion on a solitary performance. He clearly was awful.
It doesn't, but I've been worried since we signed him that fans' expectations of him have been have been hyped to the extreme by our failure to actually improve in that area. Starting a pile on because a player that, if we're honest, was never likely to be ready for first team football, isn't ready for first team football will ultimately help no one.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I didn't think he was that bad. His side was targeted and overloaded because Lingard naturally drifts inside and leaves his position exposed; the amount of times they actually got through Dalot specifically was negligible, he tended to make the tackle or force them back when he was one on one. Notice how Lingard ended up being taken off and Herrera shifted across, it wasn't for Lingard's attacking ineptitude.

Offered a great outlet going forward and manages to get into attacking positions on a regular basis far more often than Young and Valencia due to his youth, although his crossing and decision making was poor as his brain probaby wasn't used to having to act with such haste in attacking situations. That comes with experience however.
Valencia gets into great positions too, it's his distribution which is tragic. No improvement today from our usual fullbacks in that regard. I hope he gets better though.

AlexUTD

Dalot is lacking match Fitness. But i have to say he has much more awareness and can actually look up and hit someone With his passes wich is a big Upgrade from our other fullbacks.

Hoping he will be given more games in a row.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of you are incredible. Keep going on about how you want us to.builf talent but not even willing to show any patience.
He will have poor games. Wind your necks in.
He's not going to learn on the bench.

Flying_Heckfish

Some of you are incredible. Keep going on about how you want us to.builf talent but not even willing to show any patience.
He will have poor games. Wind your necks in.
He's not going to learn on the bench.
Indeed, he should have been given more chances early on. As it is he was not ready.

Devil may care

He's young and raw and was playing in a system he's not familiar with in his first ever PL game, there's clearly talent there and once we get a proper coach in I think he'll prove a good addition.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bad game. But this was his second(?) game in PL and it was against Arsenal. But nothing to worry. Skill is there. Must work on positioning.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Long way to go, he was terrible defensively. If we play him we have to accept results will suffer while we hope he improves.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Valencia gets into great positions too, it's his distribution which is tragic. No improvement today from our usual fullbacks in that regard. I hope he gets better though.
Really? I know Valencia used to but he's lost a lot of pace recently and seems to stay at home more often than not when I watch him, meaning we keep having to turn back on ourselves when we look for the non-existent right-wing outlet.

Also thing with Dalot, at least we know he can cross, he just seemed a little frazzled today when it came to attacking situations, but then when has he been in a game of such pace before?

pascell

Same people who were so eager for him to play are now slaughtering him, caf logic.

Yes it wasn't the best game from him but what do people expect, it was a high intensity game and it was his first start in the PL.

Start him against Fulham and give him a run of games.

Adisa

Liked that he was eager to put the ball in early and not wait for donkey years before crossing.

Canagel

What are people complaining for? His first PL game and he did some positive things. Lacking a bit iin match fitness but he should've been playing already. Looking forward to see some more games

NinjaFletch

Not all season.

If he wasn't ready (which showed) then surely management should have seen it.
He arrived injured. Recovered, played a few games, and then got injured again.

He's been in and around the first time more often then not when he has been fit, but that hasn't been that often. I don't think anyone had him down to play tonight, either, but Young got himself suspended. Shaw picked up a knock and Valencia is injured too.

Based Adnan

People are actually slating a young full back making his first start in the prem vs Arsenal? With a flank pretty much left on his own as well.

He was clearly knackered towards the end but did decent.

Adisa

Long way to go, he was terrible defensively. If we play him we have to accept results will suffer while we hope he improves.
Season is over. We've got nothing to lose. We should be building for the future.
There's no advantage to us playing guys like Young and Tonemy when we have this guy.

acnumber9

It doesn't, but I've been worried since we signed him that fans' expectations of him have been have been hyped to the extreme by our failure to actually improve in that area. Starting a pile on because a player that, if we're honest, was never likely to be ready for first team football, isn't ready for first team football will ultimately help no one.
Oh people are definitely hyping him. It’s clear to see he isn’t ready though and I don’t think there’s much wrong in saying it. If only to temper the hype.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thought he had an alright game for a very young player's first proper outing against one of the better performing teams in the league.

Think he'd soon get up to speed and be more useful than any of the others.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Season is over. We've got nothing to lose. We should be building for the future.
There's no advantage to us playing guys like Young and Tonemy when we have this guy.
I agree, it was kind of the point i was hinting at. The problem is that most aren't going to accept mid table results at the same time.

Bobski

Wing back with no real defensive support in front of him, constantly exposed 2 v1. No surprise he struggled, it is a tough role to play even for an experienced defender, massive ground to cover.

NinjaFletch

Oh people are definitely hyping him. It’s clear to see he isn’t ready though and I don’t think there’s much wrong in saying it. If only to temper the hype.
Yeah, but there's hype and then there's 'OMG, IT'S RIDICULOUS DALOT ISN'T PLAYING WHEN VALENCIA IS SO SHIT, WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING HE'S THE BEST YOUNG FULL BACK IN EUROPE; OMG DALOT IS SHIT HE'S A CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AND SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR YEOVIL' which is basically Redcafe's response pattern to any young player we sign.

Prodigy24

People were going over the top in the matchday thread about him and that's really unfair. He was very bad defensively but it was only his first ever PL start, playing next to other defenders with low confidence in a team without a gameplan. This match will be a good lesson for him and it will make him improve.

Not bad at going forward, even though his crosses weren't successful. Still have high hopes for him.

acnumber9

Yeah, but there's hype and then there's 'OMG, IT'S RIDICULOUS DALOT ISN'T PLAYING WHEN VALENCIA IS SO SHIT, WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING HE'S THE BEST YOUNG FULL BACK IN EUROPE; OMG DALOT IS SHIT HE'S A CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER AND SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR YEOVIL' which is basically Redcafe's response pattern to any young player we sign.
Yeah but 90% of posters are emotional morons though.

MrBest

I thought he played well. Made some decent runs, some good tackles, positioning was more or less there, showed good energy and pace but more importantly, strong desire. The lad is 18 or 19 with circa 20 professional performances in his life. His prem start debut came against 4th place free scoring arsenal and to be honest he did not look out of depth. Give the guy 10 games in a row and he should progress. Do you think Alexander Arnold, Robertson gomez and co were instantly good? No. Klopp gave them a chnace when the talent was clear and bed them in over 15 to 20 games. They then finished the season strong.

NotQuiteManc

Rather persevere with Dalot honestly, and let him build the fitness and confidence needed. Against Fulham, he should start and Darmian on the left.

kundalini

I thought he struggled defensively and contributed less going forwards than I was hoping for. Having said that, he should definitely get a run of games at some stage of the season so he can develop.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Do people remember when Vidic, Evra, Stam etc started their careers here?

I guess if it was upto alot of you guys we'd have shoved them in the reserves. I myself at the time thought Evra was too slow..:houllier::lol:

Reasonable debut. Started well but clearly slowed towards the end and Arsenal were sending everything down his side. If we let them send a pass and runner down that flank every 2 minutes eventually one will get through.

Everyone complaining about his positioning clearly forgot he wasn't playing full back.

SteveW

Mourinho gave him huge praise after the match.

"The kid Diogo, fantastic. Gary Neville must be thinking now Manchester United has a right-back for 10 years, a very good right-back for 10 years."

RonaldoVII

Thought he did alright against a very good attacking team. Clearly was knackered after an hour but that's to be expected. Lots to work on but promising.

cheeky_backheel

He played well given his age and experience.

He needs to curb the habit of turning his back to the ball or facing inside when the ball is played behind.

Other areas should improve with more game time.

Ban

:lol:

For a kid who had his first start and hasn't been playing for a while he had a good game.

Bwuk

I thought he was fine.

Arsenal’s game plan was too over loaded the left flank. He was 2v1 most of the game.

Trizy

Awful performance and one he'll need to forget. His positional sense was non existent. He must have got over lapped 10+ times with ease.

Young and will learn, can't be mad.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Being young doesn't mean you have to lie to yourself and act like he a had a good game. He was shit. Nor does that mean he should never play again. People need to stop going crazy acting like he is better than Valencia, Young and Darmian already and then refusing to accept that he was in fact shit tonight with the previously mentioned Darmian being easily twice as good. He is young and will get better, that is also completely irrelevant to him being good tonight which he clearly wasn't.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His positioning sense is terrible, I have lost count the number of times Kolasinac run in behind him. That moment where he took an age to make his mind up when Martial is free really pissed me off.
Martial was running offside literally the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.