Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He is rubbish, sell him, he will never make it here, Jose will blame him, never to be seen again. Might be sold to Leeds United for 20 quids. What a waste of money.
I love Caf.
@Ban, is there any nail polish left for me?

Red00012

He had no support on the right hand side , DDG was just pumping rubbish ball after ball to him ,the kid is 19 and has played no football, and people giving him abuse on here yet they are the same people looking for youth to be played or asking for Dalot to be played when 1st choice RB’s are fit.

I’d much prefer to see Dalot keep his place , let him learn from his mistakes. This season is finished anyway,it’s better than looking at Valencia or Young who are in their 30’s. We are getting nothing from playing these, they won’t be here in 2 years.

Jose compared him to Gary Neville tonight, high praise for him,hopefully we see alot more of him this season.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Play him, he can only get better. I've seen enough of Valencia and Young who are shit and only getting shitter.

Andersons Dietician

The amount of times Kalsniac got down his side was a bit alarming but he didn’t really have that much cover and Bailly seemed to be struggiling. Can only get better, that time he got in the box he had to get that ball right to Martial at the back post.

Nick7

He's not ready. Not as good as any of our other full backs. Is like him a lot though and I'm looking forward to seeing how he grows.

The Irish Connection

Some good, some bad. Big game to play his first (or second?) game. I’d like to see him get more games now since top 4 is gone.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jesus Christ it was a sweat nightmare every time they played the ball down their left. Not only was he insanely out of position 80% of the time he didn’t look to have the athleticism to make up for it either.

Having said that, he WILL improve that part of his game. Not worried the slightest. He is such a breath of fresh air over the retired players we have in RB usually. He can actually make us look like we have a right flank

Bola

I thought he did well out there today, was very sharp with his tackling. Let in few runs behind because Arsenal were overloading his flank and Lingard wasn't offering any protection.

This place is hell for any player. the kid is just 19 and has been thrown into deep end after recovering from an injury. I saw sparks of a player in there, even going forward he has quality in his crosses. Let the kid settle in and give him some time!
Great post.

I also thought he had plenty of co fudebve for a teenager and kept getting forward, despite being overloaded on the flank on 2 v 1

The haters are out in force and ready to throw any youngster under a bus. I wonder how they would have reacted back in the early 90s when the class of 92 started to emerge in the team

Web of Bissaka

He did fine for his first starting EPL full game. His debut previous game is also fine.

I think he's ready, the errors in his game are expected, and imo unexpectedly minimal.

Play him, he can only get better. I've seen enough of Valencia and Young who are shit and only getting shitter.
Exactly. Kid is promising, I love his cool composed style of play.

Generally disappointed in the United fans on here.Did they not think a 19 year kid would make mistakes and look inexperienced ?
Christ,god knows what they're expecting with Greenwood,Gomes,Chong and the like.

The fans harp on and on about the club not thinking longterm or being patient well,going by some of the responses here,neither do they. Hypocrites.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wish we could go back to the match game comments when he played his very first game here. People were raving and immediately saying he was the best option on the right wing.

Web of Bissaka

The haters are out in force and ready to throw any youngster under a bus. I wonder how they would have reacted back in the early 90s when the class of 92 started to emerge in the team
Scholes -- midget, slow, weak, he'll get bullied easily by the physicality of the league. Where is he even going to play? striker? midfield? no way.
Beck -- flashy kid. Only in the team to sell shirt. We have Keane and Ince, no chance at mid. Winger? he's fecking slow and shit dribbling. He's not Giggs.
Butt -- what's so special about him. Other than (insert curses and making fun of his names). Bench warmer, lucky to even get into mid table team.
PNev -- not United's quality. He's no Irwin.
GNev -- shorty and weak for a defender, oh our opponents are so scared facing this kid. No future.

Edit: "SAF is only promoting these number of kids just to show he's following the Busby way."

Zoo

Not easy playing your first full match against an in form team and being asked to play as a wingback. He looks promising on the ball, can get up and down the pitch well and as Scholes said afterwards he just needs experience and match fitness.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully he gives him a run of games so he can build his confidence up and get that match sharpness which is missing at the moment. Once he gets upto speed you'll see he'll look a great prospect who has good acceleration and wonderful delivery.

dbs235

Liked his crossing, fired them in with some curve, miles better than Valencia just hitting the first man.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I thought he played well. Made some decent runs, some good tackles, positioning was more or less there, showed good energy and pace but more importantly, strong desire. The lad is 18 or 19 with circa 20 professional performances in his life. His prem start debut came against 4th place free scoring arsenal and to be honest he did not look out of depth. Give the guy 10 games in a row and he should progress. Do you think Alexander Arnold, Robertson gomez and co were instantly good? No. Klopp gave them a chnace when the talent was clear and bed them in over 15 to 20 games. They then finished the season strong.
That's the only part I'd disagree with. Thought his positioning let him down pretty badly at times tonight, although as @Anustart89 said I have no idea if he's ever even played in a 3-5-2 before. Surprised at the level of negativity he's getting here on the basis of tonight's performance though. For a youngster with what, 10 senior appearances, and lacking match fitness he did as well as we can expect against one of the best teams in the league. I seriously doubt Young or Valencia would have turned that draw into a win, and personally I hope to feck he starts our next match. The more experience our youngsters get in this otherwise miserable season the better.

RedDevil5

Hopefully he gives him a run of games so he can build his confidence up and get that match sharpness which is missing at the moment. Once he gets upto speed you'll see he'll look a great prospect who has good acceleration and wonderful delivery.
Knowing Mourinho, he will be benched for a month now. Expect to see Young RB on Saturday :D

el3mel

I don't know if this lad will come good or not, but for God's sake can United fans stop overrating every new signing before seeing him in action ? We treat every new signing as world class till proved otherwise hat we ended up getting disappointed at the end anyway. It's as if every new signing comes with an aura around him.

The chance of this lad coming good is exactly the same as him ending up being a new Darmian, 50-50, we should simply wait and see.

Dyslexic Untied

His positioning was off, but the talent is obviously there. Very good on the ball and a good frame as well.

Fosu-Mens

Not the easiest to play in that defense. Better in attack than in defense. Can start as fullback for the remainder of the season as this season is already over. Better to give some of the youngsters experience.

Arka_BleedingRed

The amount of times Kalsniac got down his side was a bit alarming but he didn’t really have that much cover and Bailly seemed to be struggiling. Can only get better, that time he got in the box he had to get that ball right to Martial at the back post.
Twice Dalot was let down by Smalling who failed to maintain the offside trap and let Kolasinac be onside.

I don't know if this lad will come good or not, but for God's sake can United fans stop overrating every new signing before seeing him in action ? We treat every new signing as world class till proved otherwise hat we ended up getting disappointed at the end anyway. It's as if every new signing comes with an aura around him.

The chance of this lad coming good is exactly the same as him ending up being a new Darmian, 50-50, we should simply wait and see.
Ironically I thought Darmian was our best defender last night!

I agree with you though, and then I would add that fans also need to give young players time to develop. This guy in particular hasn’t even played 20 games in his career - we should give him room to develop.

Rossa

I didn't think he was that bad. His side was targeted and overloaded because Lingard naturally drifts inside and leaves his position exposed; the amount of times they actually got through Dalot specifically was negligible, he tended to make the tackle or force them back when he was one on one. Notice how Lingard ended up being taken off and Herrera shifted across, it wasn't for Lingard's attacking ineptitude.

Offered a great outlet going forward and manages to get into attacking positions on a regular basis far more often than Young and Valencia due to his youth, although his crossing and decision making was poor as his brain probably wasn't used to having to act with such haste in attacking situations. That comes with experience however.
First of all, he doesn't get into positions more than Young nor Valencia. Second of all, he looked absolutely knackered after 50-60 minutes, which Young and Valencia hardly do. I'd say in terms of physical attributes, he currently looks behind both Young and Valencia. His contributions in attack were quite poor as well. Valencia would have been crucified on here for that performance.

pascell

First of all, he doesn't get into positions more than Young nor Valencia. Second of all, he looked absolutely knackered after 50-60 minutes, which Young and Valencia hardly do. I'd say in terms of physical attributes, he currently looks behind both Young and Valencia. His contributions in attack were quite poor as well. Valencia would have been crucified on here for that performance.
That's because 2 of the 3 have played regular PL first team football for 10+ years and the other is making his first PL start after months out injured.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I know everyone is quite negative and I'm going to sound the same but its just an honest opinion...

I think footballers should know the basics when defending, angles to stop passes in between the lines etc. I say the same about Shaw but Shaw has some pace to get himself out of trouble. I thought he looked so slow and a bit behind in reading what was going on. The same thing was happening Vs young boys and in the reserves game I watched when he played his first game

Assumed he would be very good going forward but I was disappointed.

Its early days obviously but I would be confident he wont be a 1st team player here in the future

Rossa

That's because 2 of the 3 have played regular PL first team football for 10+ years and the other is making his first PL start after months out injured.
I agree, but the post I commented on said he got into positions because of his youth, which was utter nonsense. He got into fewer positons in attack than Valencia and Young would, and he was exposed much more defensively than especially Valencia would.

I'm sure he will play much better, but yesterday only showed glimpses of real talent.

zenith

I really like the look of him .he'll definitely improve with more play time and this might be the prefect season for him to name mistakes and learn m, cause it seems like a lost cause

Andersons Dietician

Twice Dalot was let down by Smalling who failed to maintain the offside trap and let Kolasinac be onside.
One of those times must have been when Bailly ran out didn’t get near the guy then jogged back was it? Or was it the time Smalling, Rojo and Darmian were back and Bailly and Dalot were the ones trying to play the offside trap alone?

By the end of the game I think it was obvious that Dalot was just knackered as he couldn’t get near Kolasniac, looked like he was running in sand but what’s this his 10th 1st team game in his career and 1st full 90 in the prem.

izec

The season is gone anyway. Give him play time, so he will be better prepared for next season. I believe he can make a huge learning curve if he plays now regularly til the end of the season.

Matt007a

He struggled for sure, but honestly you can't really be shocked by that. Not only is he young and inexperienced but he's not even had game time so he won't be fully sharp yet. Not to mention he's not got a proper right winger in front of him to give him cover or help him going forward.

This season is a write-off already, so might as well carry on playing him and let him learn. There is clearly a lot of potential there and it's a position that takes time to learn and master. There aren't any world class 19 year old full backs. It takes a few years at least.

Sylar

Thought he did ok. Wasnt what I call a best game, but something to improve upon which will happen with a consistent run of games and more time to work with a consistent back four.

Would make sense to have him continue playing (even if for the interim he needs to come off at the 60 minute mark or come on as a sub in the last 30).

youngrell

The reaction here is way over the top. He was clearly struggling with stamina rather than ability. He blew his lid early on and struggled for the rest of the game.

It's expected he'll be caught out now and again as he adjusts to not only senior football, but the PL pace too.

The positives in his performance was his off the ball running, creating space for others and giving them an option, something we don't get a lot from our other full backs. Think he'll do better when we play our usual shape and he has someone in front of him to help out a bit.

Ekeke

I hope he comes good. But what I will say is that Rafael instantly impressed me more. He looked like a RB who loved to defend as well as attack and had a natural
enthusiasm to dribble.

For now Dalot looks both timid in attack and defense. However with such low standards for our right back position he's got a great chance to claim the position if he matures

Stepney73

Last night he got caught out of position quite a few times but he looked decent going forward.

Give the lad a run in the team and let him develop.

Craig Ward

He's not ready. Not as good as any of our other full backs. Is like him a lot though and I'm looking forward to seeing how he grows.
So persist with Valencia and Young?

We have very poor FB options, Dalot and Shaw re our best options in the squad right now. I for one, cannot endure much more of Young and Valencia. Darmian is just waiting to be sold.

Dalot is young, but exciting. Let him play, we're screwed this season anyway

Irwin99

Didn't see the game but seeing conflicting opinions about his performance. What were the positives?

Status
Not open for further replies.