Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Ok so logically speaking a guy who is as good going forward (for a full back) as Varela was, and is also a decent defender, can't get a game for FC Copenhagen.
:lol: Do you purposely speak in hyperbolic non-sense or are you just genuinely stupid?

Can't get a game at FC Copenhagen? You mean the club who hasn't played a single game since he joined? So you mean you're talking complete shite yet again? So logically speaking does a Bundeliga club and a club as big as FC Copenhagen want to sign a player who gets exposed in the u23s every game? Do Uruguay make a habit of calling up defenders who get caught out every game in the u23s? No, of course not, because he wasn't. Just as he was often praised for his slide tackling and being strong in challenge rather than your non-sense about being weak in the tackle.

Sauldogba

:lol: Do you purposely speak in hyperbolic non-sense or are you just genuinely stupid?

Can't get a game at FC Copenhagen? You mean the club who hasn't played a single game since he joined? So you mean you're talking complete shite yet again? So logically speaking does a Bundeliga club and a club as big as FC Copenhagen want to sign a player who gets exposed in the u23s every game? Do Uruguay make a habit of calling up defenders who get caught out every game in the u23s? No, of course not, because he wasn't. Just as he was often praised for his slide tackling and being strong in challenge rather than your non-sense about being weak in the tackle.
:lol:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Thought he was good on Saturday, playing on his wrong side. Tidy on the ball and strong. He does remind me a bit of Azpi, as some have said here. Think he’ll be a very solid player in a couple of years. Was interested to see Wan Bissaka linked last week. He’d be a great signing, possibly more exciting than Dalot but is he as good all round?

Ekeke

Thought he was good on Saturday, playing on his wrong side. Tidy on the ball and strong. He does remind me a bit of Azpi, as some have said here. Think he’ll be a very solid player in a couple of years. Was interested to see Wan Bissaka linked last week. He’d be a great signing, possibly more exciting than Dalot but is he as good all round?
Better. Has good points in defense as well as attack. Loves a tackle as well as a dribble

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Analyzing the goal:

Dalot gets in the middle, because he knows there's another player on his back and he doesn't want to fully commit to the cross in case the ball goes to the 2nd post. We were outnumbered on this zone, Pogba could also antecipated the cross and give a hand to our defense.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Needs more time. Unsurprisingly he looks a young RB who is finding his feet in a top league.
Way to sensible a post... I think the trend is to declare him Cafu reborn or, for some weird reason, decide he is essentially Varela in disguise

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why is this guy getting slaughtered, because he isn't the next Zanetti?

He had the beating of his man quite easily and made a nice pass to Rashford for a goal. Isn't that the whole point of him? To provide an extra dimension to our attack? Is someone really expecting a 19 year old to be defensively mature?

sam147

In a year he will be twice the player Luke Shaw is. A top quality prospect with the right mentality to succeed. Not an unreliable overrated LB who cant stay fit for a full season. Bring in Alex Telles and play Dalot RB.

BurtSpangle

Again, not getting the hate for this guy. Looks a very good player technically as opposed to the lump playing at LB. He might be a little suspect defensively but a lot of top quality full backs are nowadays.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was fine, still a little raw but good to give him minutes

Skills

Snitch
I love a lot of what he brings. His movement and energy overlapping gives us more than Young's crossing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I love him. He was incredibly high up the pitch, almost as a winger.

Fracture90

Think he was good today, that one instance where he misjudged Bryan's speed, he was alright.

I like him but he needs some coaching. He doesn't know the right time to commit/back off/pass/run etc.

Cloud7

I like him a lot. Such a positive player, always trying to make something happen. He’s still raw, but I really enjoy watching what he brings to the team.

haram

Really does seem like RVP is still playing for us :lol:. Not a great game from him though.

Cloud7

He did well but still needs to improve his crossing.
He had quite a few good crosses in previous games. Probably just the usual inconsistency you would expect from a young player.

Verminator

I thought he was awful.
A one-two completely baffles him and he lets them go.
Fulham targeted him at the start and if they didn't fold,that's where they'd have got some joy.
Looks like an academy graduate, put in too soon.

Time for him yet.

ChaddyP

Thought he did well. It still amazes me that he's only NINETEEN !! First season in English football, away from home. Amazing when you think about it. He will only get better.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He should be playing for the u23s instead of sitting on the bench for a month straight. He's looked out of his depth defensively in almost every game. He needs more play time and he should be getting it in the u23s between his rare appearances.

kiristao

Not his best game. Got caught out a few times and didn't do much going forward as compared to what he normally does. Still young and if we do sign a proper RB this summer, I will be more than happy to have him as a backup

Devil may care

He was alright, I think his best performance under Ole was when he played LB, he's still pretty raw but has potential.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think he did really good actually:drool: Aggressive, won the ball back, up and down all game. Pretty good I'd say.

Kag

He sells himself a little short every few games but that’ll improve with game time. I’m not going to hold a mistake against Joe Bryan against him for months on end. We’ve got plenty of nutters on here to do that for me.

RedIan

I was slightly disappointed with him today, he did ok but not as good going forward as ive seen him in his early games when he really impressed. Early days but jury still out for me as to whether he will become a regular RFB for us.

Andersons Dietician

I think there was one really good moment where he created the space to get off his cross but then it was a poor cross. Nothing really seemed to be working for him and sloppy passing getting pulled out of position and getting beaten or worked around easily. Hope there is more to come but again I don’t know why but he just looks like he doesn’t have the speed or power to be a really good offensive fullback.

izec

His crossing isnt that bad, he is our best FB in that department. Decent game considering his age and experience. Needs to play and work hard, he will come good in a few years. If he works a bit on his body in the gym, defensive positioning and linking up offensively, he could become a proper fullback. The potential is there, i like him. With Young staying for another year and them sharing more games between them, i think he can make the RB spot his in a year or two.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Young and still learning, the talent is clear to see, just one of those games for a young player.

Sauldogba

I love the kid.
Attacking minded.
Not a coward like Valencia,doesnt dilly dally like Young.
Yes hes far from the finished article but he can only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.