Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Young’s the easy target for opposition as well. Any half decent team attacks us down his flank.
Aye but these are the kind of games Young lives for and does seem to raise his level for these occasions against domestic rivals. Not sure I’d fancy Dalot for this game, think Mane would eat him alive.

cathari

Young’s the easy target for opposition as well. Any half decent team attacks us down his flank.
Well, obviously time is not on his side any more, but remember this pic?

Dalot is the future, but as of know, Ashley is still the present.

el3mel

These comparisons between Dalot and Young are painful imo. Both are simply not good enough currently to be main players here. Only difference is Dalot may become a main player 3 or 4 years later.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Off topic but How good can Laird be? Given the small bits I’ve seen he is an excellent prospect and would probably be on the bench/getting cup games for smaller clubs next season. How much better is Dalot? Hopefully with the 2 lads the RB is covered for the next few years. If one of those isn’t going to make it then Wan Bissaka looks a top prospect and would be gettable.
I think Laird is gonna make it, he is the only youth player I feel very confident about.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I guess I'm late in replying, but Young has still been better than Dalot this season. Dalot needs more time, and a full pre season. He's been fine, but is very clearly not ready to be a starter. It's not even hard to see that.
I guess I'm late in replying ( ;) )

Dalot has played decent but Young is so awful........i don't think i have wished a injury to an own player but i hope he gets a hamstring injury.

stevoc

Not sure why he played on the right wing, i'm not a professional football coach but surely you play the career winger on the right wing and the guy we bought to play at fullback at well fullback. And not vice versa.

I thought he was fairly disappointing tonight as he's been in most games, hopefully he can kick on next season.

But it has to be said between Dalot, Fred and Sanchez its looking like the club were right to question Mourinho's judgements of players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he was fine tonight, a couple of nice runs and created a very good chance for a goal. I can't knock him for that.

Brightonian

I thought he was quietly one of the most pleasing performers tonight. Not a Hollywood performance where he was taking people on every time he got the ball, but when he does have a go he almost always delivers a dangerous ball. Seems to have really tight ball control when running at a defender, unlike so many young attacking FBs who are just flair kick-and-run merchants.

He is quite one-footed so shouldn't be expected to convert to a winger any time soon, but it's not really a weakness in a fullback.

Georgan

I liked his game, could have got an assist or two if Paul hadn't missed his chance, he needs to build upon this performances, there is a very good player in him that we'll be getting soon.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I somehow liked his performance guys, maybe you're right but the guy's got heart for the game. And guts.

Nick7

He was OK. Still don't think he's ready. Expecting a great player next season though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought he was quietly one of the most pleasing performers tonight. Not a Hollywood performance where he was taking people on every time he got the ball, but when he does have a go he almost always delivers a dangerous ball. Seems to have really tight ball control when running at a defender, unlike so many young attacking FBs who are just flair kick-and-run merchants.

He is quite one-footed so shouldn't be expected to convert to a winger any time soon, but it's not really a weakness in a fullback.
What makes you say he’s one footed? Fairly sure he came with a reputation for being good with both feet. Had a decent left-footed strike blocked this evening too.

Brightonian

What makes you say he’s one footed? Fairly sure he came with a reputation for being good with both feet. Had a decent left-footed strike blocked this evening too.
That's true, I'd forgotten that shot. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's just the way he dribbles, and the fact that he almost always opts to go down the outside (with a very high success rate, I should note!)

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He did fine. He's obviously not ready for this level yet and I don't think he was meant to play much this season but injuries have forced us to play him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's true, I'd forgotten that shot. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's just the way he dribbles, and the fact that he almost always opts to go down the outside (with a very high success rate, I should note!)
Ok, grand. I might be thinking of someone else. I just have vague memories of him pinging in great crosses with both feet in youtube highlights.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's gonna be a monster going forward for us in the future. Has great pace, skills and can put in a decent cross. Will be exciting to see him grow and develop here :drool:

el3mel

Liked what I saw today. Still not ready for being a main player but he should play as many of these average/easy games as possible if we want him to develop to become a main player.

Brightonian

Ok, grand. I might be thinking of someone else. I just have vague memories of him pinging in great crosses with both feet in youtube highlights.
You could be right, I wouldn't stake my house on it. From the first couple of minutes of this video he plays really well on either side, but always using the same foot (cutting in and crossing in-swingers from the left, going out and crossing out-swingers from the right). And there's lots of instances of him making short passes with the outside of his right foot rather than using his left.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liked what I saw today. Still not ready for being a main player but he should play as many of these average/easy games as possible if we want him to develop to become a main player.
I wouldn't have said it was a easy game before kick off with 9 first team players missing. Credit to Ole and the team for masterminding a comfortable win.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I love his style of attacking. Step-over then quick cross with pace into dangerous area. Seems to have that bit of quality. Composure, accuracy and vision something Valencia never had in those situations. Not sure about his defending yet, but he is clearly a huge talent as an attacking fullback.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Was good last night. 2/3 dangerous crosses and a really good one-two break in the second half. He’s going to be good from what I’ve seen.

Welbeckham

I love his style of attacking. Step-over then quick cross with pace into dangerous area. Seems to have that bit of quality. Composure, accuracy and vision something Valencia never had in those situations. Not sure about his defending yet, but he is clearly a huge talent as an attacking fullback.
”Never had” is a bit much. Valencia was a great wide player between 2009 and 2012. He was actually a good crosser too. Then he declined and became a defensively very solid, offensively toothless full-back.

Member 90887

He looked like he's our best RW. Which says a lot about the state of our RW position...

He is good in attack, he just need to improve the defensive part of his game and he'll be very good for us.

Improved in the second half after a cagey first half.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Needs more game time to progress on what looks a very talented player. Hope he gets more games at RB before end of the season to gauge if we actually need to buy one in the summer. Young Dalot and Laird could be enough.

Red_Beans

He has a lot of potential but I do no think he will be ready to be first choice right back next season. Rotational option and back up which is fine for a kid his age

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he was okay yesterday, some encouraging signs. Still think he’s a little slower than I’d have liked, but some promise. Will take a while.

Sylar

Hes only gonna turn 20 next month. Can understand why we played Young behind him, as he does like to go forward. Think hes got a good crossing technique on him (should have had an assist).

beergod

Hes only gonna turn 20 next month. Can understand why we played Young behind him, as he does like to go forward. Think hes got a good crossing technique on him (should have had an assist).
The other thing is that Palace have a very attack minded left side with Zaha + van Aanholt and Dalot along with Young did a good job negating their influence most of the time. Ole sent him out to do a job, and he did it pretty well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good change of pace and skill. Pogba should've hit the target

How many times have we seen that sort of skill and cross down the right this season? It's ridiculous how poor it's been down there.

He's got a big future. Played well in parts.

ash_86

How many times have we seen that sort of skill and cross down the right this season? It's ridiculous how poor it's been down there.

He's got a big future. Played well in parts.
Yeah, it's atrocious that we don't create anything from right. High time to change that.

Sylar

Yeah, it's atrocious that we don't create anything from right. High time to change that.
Which is funny given how good we were in latter years of Fergie and left was neglected except evra

Status
Not open for further replies.